Chapter 85 A Good Accident
959 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Welkalach of Secafiel 1237

Petrasha's POV

Good Day everyone, welcome back to my daily life of suffering and work. Today, it is time to finally receive the total damage report of what Bel has done in the forest... while I do know that Bel has cast permafrost to eradicate the bees... what happened next is what I don't know, and apparently, something happened which is why it is currently being reported to us.

" Report, currently at the reported area has formed a new climate. It is similar to the climate at the artic continents." the recon reported. Doesn't sound that bad. If it is just that, then there shouldn't be anything too bad...

" There must be something else right? If it is just extra snowing and colder temperature there shouldn't be a need for the report to take this long." Raisul said. Because the one investigating the permafrost is under Raisul's command, he is here too. I am here because of my close relation to Bel.

" We have discovered that several existing plants have somehow mutated into a new variant that is accustomed to the new climate. Even several animals have adapted to it." hmm... it kinda feels like assimilation than just mutation... considering that it isn't even a month after the event. Normally a plant would need at least years to slowly get used to the environment, but this one took less than half a month. Heck, even the animals also perfectly adapted to it.

" That is... a bit troublesome... I didn't expect them to adapt to it this fast." Raisul said. Wait, am I missing something here? I thought it would take centuries for any species to just suddenly adapt to something that is different? Evolution doesn't happen this fast right?

" Plants and animals can absorb the ambient mana to adapt themselves to the environment... Petrasha... I thought I taught you this already. Non-sentient living beings are able to use the ambient mana in order to adapt themselves to the climate. Though the process normally takes at least half a year... so this taking in less than 1 month is an anomaly in itself. Is there anything else that is in the report?" Raisul said. Wait, did he really teach me that? I don't think I remembered that. Or is it because my knowledge of evolution back on Earth is disrupting me.

" Yes sir, though our scout has attempted to survey the entire area, we are unable to enter the deepest part of the new climate region as our equipment cannot provide enough warmth..." the soldier reported. Damn, just how cold is that permafrost... wait... doesn't Bel's house also situated on top of another of this permafrost? Her permafrost is enough to negate the fricking lava? 

" That for sure is insufficient... the permafrost there could even instantly cool down the lava inside this volcano... so normal clothing wouldn't be enough to explore the closer part of the permafrost," I said.

" I... see... then... I will tell Ganmol to set up a temporary squad to establish watchtowers on the border of the permafrost. I don't want to hear civilian casualties from entering-" Raisul said but was stopped by the soldier.

" Sir... I apologize, but while we are scouting the area, we have found several human corpses in the area between the border and the center of the Permafrost." wait... humans? Deep inside here? How did they even get here?

" Retrieve the bodies. Luckily we have someone here who could provide us with information about their affiliation. Though it doesn't really matter, to be honest. Any humans that are armed are determined to be enemies after all. But it does help if we can check who they belong to." Raisul replied.

" If there isn't anything more to report then you are dismissed," Raisul said and the soldier left after giving a salute.

" What do you think of this situation," Raisul asks.

" I am as clueless as you sadly... the only one I could think of is that somehow Bel's permafrost spell has such dense mana, that it could accelerate the adaptation process of the local ecosystem. Though I don't really feel that every time I went to her house..." I replied as honestly as I can. Cause, I am really as clueless as he is. I don't have enough information about this... 

" Someone called?" Bel said that suddenly out of nowhere behind me. Scaring the shit out of both me and Raisul.

" Goddess... don't do it... I am not that young to receive such scare..." Raisul said as he calm himself down. Well, I don't think you are that old yet... I mean I am sure Paelisher is at least ten times older than you. But I guess if you compare that to the average age of the dwarves... then you're kinda old. No offense by the way.

" So... what made you want to come here?" I asked her after calming myself down. I am exceptionally bad at horror games back on Earth and even though years have passed... I don't think I would be suddenly used to it anytime soon. I don't want to be used to it anytime soon.

" Oh, Ganmol told me to come to help him to test some new weapons. I finished it already though, the weapon needs some adjustment as it won't be useful if wielded by anyone weaker than himself, so it would be his own personalized weapon rather than a mass-produced one for soldiers." the heck... its only day four and she is already working... heck it took me two weeks before I finally accepted that I died and get out of my own mess... isn't her adaptability too strong? I mean, not only to receive the news of her death back on Earth but also the constant torture back on the human continent. 

" We are talking about the aftermath of the spell that you produced in the Alk Forest... or maybe we should change the name to the Alk Boreal Forest..." Raisul explained. That made it short...

" Ah, that one, if you want I could dispel it. I just thought that some of those bees might not survive the original blast so I made it long-lasting. It would go away in a few centuries if global warming also exist here though. I also made it mana rich so that the plants could adapt to it! My only target is the bees so dragging the fauna in would be bad right?" Bel said with an easy-going tone. 

Wait wait wait...

Mana rich permafrost... you could control the mana inside your spells?

Who the hell taught you about beings in this world adapting to the environment using mana! 

And there is no way I would let global warming happen in this world! 

" Er... did Lady Petrasha tell you the effect of mana adaptation?" Raisul asks. Are you not going to ask the other two too?

" Nope, I got it from Berth. Both places use nearly the same system so I thought it would work. Glad that it does though! Also, if there is nothing else I'm gonna go now~ I wanna try cooking something new~" Bel said as she just left... glad to say that Bel isn't that emotionally unstable like before... but this feels too stable.

" So... might I ask who is this person called Berth? Cause such research is a piece of open knowledge, not many people are too interested in learning them. I am quite interested to know who else has the passion for such knowledge." Raisul asked.

" Ahaha, he is a god that Bel defeated. She absorbed him and got all his knowledge though, see that hexagram at her tail? That is the proof of it!"

FOR HELL I COULD SAY THAT! 

EVEN IF I SAID THAT NOBODY IN THEIR SANE MIND WOULD EVEN ACCEPT THIS AS A FACT! 

Not only would I be counted as a heretic for believing a new random god that isn't in any single book, but I could also even be charged as insane because of know absurdity it is of what I said! For hell, I am not going to talk about this! What the hell should I even say though...

" Er... he is a, ah yes Berth is one you could say a friend-enemy of Bel! He always talked about these types of stuff back when we are back then so maybe she got this knowledge from back then?" I said nervously.

" So it is just a speculation huh... shame, I thought there would be more that are interested in these types of topics. Anyways. Since she sort of explained the occurrence of what happened in there... I should now go and document it... maybe even request for a name change for the area... now if you excuse me." Raisul stands up as he said that and left the place. 

He really took that reason huh... I was just bluffing... thank goddess that that sort of lame reason works... 

Well, if we have a cold area that is easily accessible... maybe I should go and check if there are any geothermal sites in there... I heard that years before the country of Japan has these hot springs that are in snowy areas and it felt divine... 

Maybe letting Bel have these mishaps isn't that bad after all? 

No that is some dangerous thinking. More of these mishaps and she might even drive some of us crazy...

I think.

A short chapter to talk about the aftermath of a certain event~ Don't worry, this place will be mentioned a lot in the future~

25