Chapter 86 The cozy life
666 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Welkalach of Secafiel 1237

May's POV

If you are wondering, I am currently living in the middle of the volcano, in a modern-looking house, with almost modern appliances. But here is the twist, I am living it with a dragon and also three humans. The best twist is, that I am not a human but a catgirl! Another twist is, that I am also currently freeloading inside this house, a sharp 180 change compared to my previous life!

" So, how do you two even meet Bel? I don't really think it would be that simple as we just met." I said as I am watching the only two guys in the house playing with some woodworking. Somehow I know they are older than me, but... they right now are like a kid given a fresh new toy...

" It really is as I said. We are just trying to find information about an evil cult in our hometown and then we met Belgrynd who is there too. It really is just pure coincidence." Flux, the apparent older one said. He is still trying to make this chair though... from what I heard from Bel, one of them is sort of an assassin while the other is a trader. At this rate, I think they both would be rather good woodworkers than any of those two jobs...

" Just how even does that happen... well, to be honest... everything can happen. Like us, five died in five different locations and times yet we all reincarnated in this world. If this isn't huge luck then I guess I don't know I guess." I said to them which made all three of them look at me. Three cause the princess is also looking at me now.

" Reincarnated? You all are not born like this in this world?" " Yeah, I thought you all begin in this world too." both brothers said.

" Nah, all of us five were once living on Earth. Or I guess the formal name is now Terra. We all are high school students before we died one after another and Belgrynd was the last one. I died the second last." I said to them.

" To think all five of you are the same... Speaking of which, you said of Earth... How is it now? I saw in the holy scriptures that life back there isn't that similar to the life here since you mentioned learning things. I mean, aren't those royalty privileges?" Frux said. Hmm, I think they meant medieval earth...

" Well, the time has passed by several hundred years. What you guys lived back then is what we called the medieval era. A lot of innovations happened after that and now, education isn't really that rare. In fact, almost everyone can have an education now! Royalty isn't really that important anymore as governments are starting to change. Well, maybe except for the English Queen. That one doesn't seem to die no matter what. Hmm, I wonder what empire were you guys from?" I said nonchalantly, immediately recognizing what I said could not be answered since the human civilization here has been reset several times. With all the mixing throughout the ages, it would kinda be impossible to know their lineage now.

" Hah, as if I would know. I only know that my great-grandpa is part Irish and my great-grandma is part Sicilian. How about you lass? Since you are royalty your lineage would be pretty pure no?" Flux said, now flustering the princess. Hmm, cute.

" Er, my father said that we are descendants of the Great Byzantium Empire... but he never told me where it is..." the princess said.

" Well, even if they gave you a map, it won't match. We aren't on Earth anymore and the Byzantium empire doesn't really exist anymore either back there. But it doesn't matter, plus, you said yourself that you are now just a simple resident in here, not someone with a title anymore anyway right?" I said to the princess. Hmm... did I even know her name? I just keep calling her princess.

" Meh, who cares about those things when you can't even fill your tummy! Only those with more coin would trouble something like lineage. In fact, it doesn't even really matter unless you are nobility or royalty. Irish, English, or Welsch doesn't really matter if you are just a farmer or woodcutter in the Regalia Empire. I am glad that the lass brought us here. Otherwise, we would just be slaving ourselves back there just to feed ourselves ahahhahahaha!" Frux said.

" Is the treatment there really that bad? I don't think you guys would be forced into slavery for no reason right? I mean, wouldn't you get conscripted instead of that?" I asked, immediately this is yet another sore spot as I can clearly see the two guy's facial expressions change.

"It's... not really like that. In our village, we are forced to give up a huge portion of our crops and a woman every year... so they couldn't risk our village losing the extra hands to get crops. This is not the same as other villages though. Farming villages will give crops while fishing villages give food. The guys in these two types of villages are usually not conscripted or enslaved as they are crucial for the kingdom's food source. Other than those, it is basically tough luck." Flux explained. 

" That... is kinda tough..." I said while patting him on the back.

" Bah, it is as I said, thanks to the young lass we escaped and now we are here! Having a nice roof and warm meals every day! We are already living the life of nobility here and we don't even have to do anything! It is the best life ever!" Frux said. Well, it truly is. Compared to my previous life, it can really be counted as easier. Not only I don't have to worry about anything, I even have my friends here with me... I wonder what mom, dad, and sis will feel about this... about their son and brother becoming a daughter and sister...

" You might be saying that you don't have to do anything. But I would appreciate it if you guys would learn something to make though. I kinda feel bad leeching of Petry you know." suddenly another voice adds in and it's Bel's voice. She is unloading some food back into the kitchen and is preparing to cook something.

Truthfully, I felt the same. But what can we even do that they can?

" Maybe if you told us what you need then maybe we can work on something? I mean, right now we are just playing around with the stuff inside here. And I am sure that this stuff isn't really marketable you know?" Frux said that.

" Plus, after seeing the equipment of those guards at the tunnels, I don't think our forging techniques would be worth anything too," added Flux.

" Good luck thinking cause I for sure won't be doing that. Though it's alright to not do anything. We aren't occupying any of their land and we aren't really doing any sales so I guess it is alright to do nothing~ I can have the food problem solved easily anyways." Bel said as she starts cooking what seems to be like stir-fry vegetables.

" Meh, I am alright with this cozy life. I mean, we used the last few decades to track you down and organized the rescue plan you know~ Just to see that you yourself are handling it quite nifty~" I said as I let out a yawn. This is bad, I am getting real lazy now... I dont really wanna be like Christine and be a useless member of society...

Wait...

Christine is an idol now...

So she isn't a useless member of society...

Does that mean I am the only useless one of the five now?

Isnt this bad?

" Well, if it isn't because Flux, Frux and the princess is human, I would have suggested opening a diner or cafe. I mean I like to cook and I know May has a knack for good coffee brewing. But it would be bad to let the three go out now." Bel said as she moved on to the next dish which looks like pan-seared moltenfish. How did she get that? I thought moltenfish are hard to find?

Then again, a cafe huh... I remembered that big sis also wanted to start her own cafe but she became an office worker instead to earn money for a shop plot. 

" Cooking huh, doesn't sound too bad lass. I might just hop on board for that!" Frux said, with Flux nodding with him. Just what can you two not do? From assassination to peddling then woodworking and now you guys want to try cooking too? Don't you guys have too many skills?

" Wait... would it work here? Don't dwarves would prefer to just drink beer than any other drinks? I mean, they literally treat beer as if its water!" I said my opinion. 

" Nope, that's for the night. They would still drink other things during the day. Can't let the beer affect their work." Bel said as she prepared one last dish before setting up the table... damn that is fast.

" But but... won't us being humans make it hard?" the princess finally joined the conversation. She was just there listening to us for the past hour or two!

" Which is the main problem here..." " Which can't be fixed..." the two brothers said.

" Anyways, stop that for a while and let's eat! I want to explore the town later~ May you wanna come?" Bel said as we all go to the dinner table to eat. To be honest, it still feels weird eating with two guys in here. But since the princess and Bel don't mind... I guess I shouldn't too... wait what? 

" Hell no. I still want to laze around in here! It is very comfy in here!" I said, answering Bel's question.

" Oh, alright, just asking. Thought you might wanna exercise a bit. Well maybe try to think of a plan to let those three work a bit." Bel said.

...

I am really living a cozy life...

More like lazy life.

 

27