Chapter 95 Strategic or Reckless
373 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Tekulach of Desariel 1237

Amy's POV

" Are you sure this is a good idea... I mean, we should have at least told them right?" I asked Lucy.

Right now we both are rushing straight towards Edolophini with me running below and Lucy flying at full speed. Thankfully that the path we are running... or flying? Isnt that full of vegetation. This means that we shouldn't be delayed too long. But the problem here is.

Once we got the news of the attack on Edolophini from Petrasha... Lucy just decided to rush out of the cave and here we are... while I usually would say this is pure reckless... I think this would be the best course of action. If we think about it, once we rush out like this, Petrasha would quickly go and inform Bel, and then the rest of them would come to our support...

If, we could hold that long that is... Man... I can think of how long the lecture will be from both Bel and also Petrasha... but Lucy decided on this already, so it is my job to make sure that it doesn't go south... well even more south... it is already south the moment we head out without directly telling the others.

As we both are rushing towards Edolophini, we start hearing loud sounds, sounds of sword clashes, arrow volleys released, and also gunshots, by Lucy, my hearing isn't that good. But that gives us an advantage as it means that we are attacking the enemy from behind, allowing us to potentially cut off their supply points... if there are any, as we haven't seen anything resembling a supply line.

" Lucy, if possible, start pre-chanting some spells, I can feel that we will need as many advantages as possible," I call out to Lucy as I also start chanting out some spells that I learned.

As the sounds of battle get louder, we are also getting closer to the border of the forest, and along with that, is Lucy's sudden subtle change of immediately clenching her hand. I can know how she feels... her family is getting endangered when she isn't there...

" Lucy, no matter what you do, do not attempt to beeline into the city. We are not Bel that we could just stampede across enemies as if they're nothing." I warned her.

*tsk* 

Now, that is loud enough that I can hear it. But I am sure she understands that too...


Cain's POV

" How is the siege going?" I asked the soldier that is now relaying information. Though we have numerical advantages, what I don't like is the fact that we have no siege weapons to directly attack the wall that they erected using their cursed witchery. If it were only the wooden palisade that our scouts told us about earlier, we wouldn't be in such a stalemate.

" Our troops are now divided against three sides of the city walls, we have encountered some loss but we are still managing to start breaking down the walls. Private Leo even managed to kill some of the defenders of the gate, boosting everyone's morale!" the soldier reported.

This isn't too bad our losses aren't too great and we are pushing in. I guess these demis are too proud of their witchery that they left such little defenses on this town. But it doesn't help that our progress is too slow. At this rate, they would all be evacuated before we break in, or they would have reinforcement. While I have not seen any messengers going out to request help, they might have other means of witchery to call for help.

" Tell all the troops at each gate to focus on one single point to spearhead in. There is no way that this witchcraft could last long if we continuously hit the same spot. Tell the archers to provide cover fire in order for the frontal units to break the wall, and tell those at the back to start gathering materials for more battering rams, and chop down some trees if needed. " I yelled out the orders to the soldiers and they will follow them.

" Do you think it will come?" Schwar asked me. I know who he meant. The mysterious destroyer of our frontier base. Since it is destroying our bases, our assumption is that it is the working of these demis, hence, with us attacking this town, there is a high chance that we would attract the destroyer to this place too...

" Right now, let's not think of that. If the news of that spreads, the soldiers would lose morale. There is no need to inject them for an uncertain fear." I told Schwar. I understood that what we are doing now is only praying to god for the best scenario ever, and most of the time, this type of scenario doesn't really exist as they are too good to be true, but what options do we have anyways...

" Sir we just have news! The east wall is starting to crumble!" great timing there!

" Good, send the main unit to the east wall now, redirect the current team at the east wall to the other two walls to assist in tearing down it! Once the walls are down, the main units will charge inside and capture as many of these demis as possible, dead or alive doesn't matter!" I gave the orders. 

" Finally, some progress... now,  we should be ready to also out and-" 

*booom*

" Schwar... I hope you didn't just jinx us and called the destroyer here..." I said to him as I readied my sword and headed out, with Schwar also doing the same.

What welcomed us can be described as hell... 

The camps that we have set up are now either on fire or have burned into ashes, occasionally another fire pillar will appear inside our camp, not only that but there are also blood red spears that are raining on the troops. The source of all this chaos... is a man and woman that is probably not older than 20 years old. The man has blood-red eyes and also wings and is currently flying in the sky while the woman has a horn on her forehead and is wielding a sword that I have never seen before and is currently killing anyone that got too close to her... are these two the destroyer? They do have the capability to do so... 

" Cain, we have to stop them, if they continue to kill the main unit, we would not have enough people to attack the town," Schwar said as he move towards the destroyers while signaling the other soldiers to stand down.

" So the destroyers have come..." I heard Schwar attempting to talk with them.

" Us? Destroyers? Arent you the one who is the one destroying our peace!" the man yelled as he is coming down.

" We are just rightfully cleansing the world of filth such as you demis!" Schwar yelled.

" Calling us filth huh, at the very least we do not kill our own kind just to gain a few more coins compare to you lot! Not to mention that while you barbarians are claims that your wooden toys are state of the art, we already surpassed that!" the man continue to yell. Right now the yelling is just between Schwar and the man. The woman is staying still looking at them.

" A quiet one are we," I said to the woman in front of me.

" I just don't want to waste my breath on people that are going to die soon," she said silently as she stared at me while also releasing a huge amount of pressure...

" You know... even if you are individually strong, I am sure you two would not survive against our numbers... so how about this, you two surrender and we will not capture you both," I said to her, while knowing that no one sane would actually accept it, I still wanted to gamble.

*snorts*

" Would be me saying that, surrender now and I shall give you a clean and painless death, humans..." the woman said as she raised up her sword, preparing to attack.

" Tsk, are all demis this unreasonable that they don't want to talk it out!" I yelled as I quickly raised my sword to defend against the incoming attack. A loud crash is heard as our swords clash!

It's too fast! I can even barely react to it!

" I thought Bel's training would make me better than this... but doesn't matter, I suppose this is also another training." the woman said as she mercilessly swing her weird sword onto me.

" Tsk, this is why you demis must be culled for your barbaric behavior!" I yelled as I continue to parry or guard her attacks. But it is getting harder with each strike as my arms are getting number each time I block her strikes... is this her goal? Damn...

" Hmmph, barbaric, it isnt even us who started this war but you humans, I guess no matter which world, the human greed will always bring destruction wherever they go huh..." the woman said as her sword clashed with mine. This time I know that I don't have time left, a crack has appeared on my sword.

" LUCY! AMY!" I heard a yell from far away, I look to there and saw an azure figure flying here... tsk reinforcements...

" We are alright here, in fact, we are kinda having fun, so go ahead and go crazy on their main army alright?" the man...? said towards the new incoming figure, from here I can see that she had the two azure wings, an azure tail, and two horns, wait...

" Isnt that the blue devil from the mainland? When did it come here?" I heard Schwar yell out. That made sense... if the blue devil is on this continent... then it would explain all our bases get destroyed... tsk... just our luck...

" Getting distracted when you're already losing is a bad thing you know..." I heard a sound behind me as I quickly swing my sword backward but what welcomed me, isnt my enemy, in fact, there isnt anyone there... 

Quickly turning back to face her but this time, I was caught unprepared for her strike, and the cost that I have to pay, is me losing my arm and more possible... losing this fight.

" Seems like a little distraction is what I needed to end this huh... this does prove that I am still not strong enough... makes me wonder what will happen if I never took Bel's spartan training though. Anyways, it seems that Lucy is also finishing soon." the woman said as she looks at the fight between the man and Schwar.

" Aren't you ranting about eradicating us for a better future? How will you do that when you're dead huh? Not to mention, I think the world doesn't need is you freaking human supremacist! So be a good guy and die for the world please!" the man said as he cut away Schwar's main arm, rendering him unable to battle like me too...

Looking back to the attack, I truly felt despair... the soldiers that we brought, are currently being massacred by the blue destroyer... our soldiers... there are holes getting placed into their heads... some are being frozen to death, but most of them are getting cut into half by the weapons of the destroyer... 

" Did we even have a chance, to begin with..." I said silently... despair filling up me entirely as I look at the current situation... 

" If you decided to come peacefully, maybe, but since you come with the intention of capturing us, we will retaliate. Now, goodbye, I hope your next life will not be as bloody as this one." the woman said as I can see my vision turning. I guess... this is the end for me... 

Do not ask why Cain call Lucy as a he...

It is intentional... 

Lucy: OI STOP MISTAKING MY GENDER

 

 

 

 

21