Chapter 99 Mind Magic
600 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Tekulach of Desariel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

This isnt right.

Nothing happening is right.

They wouldn't do this...

This isn't the gang that I knew...

Those are my thoughts as I continuously dash out of the streets of Heart Forge. The residents here though don't look too surprised. They also don't bother to give more than a glance to me that is running through the streets.

" Hey, why are you running?" I heard a loud voice saying in front of me. It sounds familiar.

" Ganmol? Why are you here?" I asked him as I stop running and head towards him. 

Currently from what I observed, he is just sitting on a bench in front of a random shop. What it is selling, however...

Better not touch it.

" What, it's time to go home, so here I am, plus I heard a certain dragonkin is running on the streets like a headless clucker," he said... this is embarrassing...

" Plus, your face tells me that something happened, and judging by your mood, I am correct, now, come, let's go somewhere to talk," Ganmol said as he stood up from the bench and start dragging me to a nearby eatery. Urgh, sometimes I forget that he has the highest strength in this kingdom... 

" I know you said you wanted to talk... but do you have to bring the rest of the council members here... even the owner is a bit scared of us now..." I said to the group of people in front of me. Though not all of the council members are here, the one who has the most power sure is...

Ganmol, Srash, and even Raisul are here... but most importantly...

" Lord Paelisher... shouldn't you overextend yourself? I know I and the healers halfway heal you, but to just directly come so far just to drink..." I said to him. Why... am I sitting down and eating with four of the most influential people in this kingdom...

If you want to talk about Petrasha, shut up, she is a friend.

" No matter what, drinking is important for us dwarves, young ones," Paelisher said while he gulp down more beer. 

" Plus, it isn't that rare for most of us to go out and drink together. Well, except we mostly go to the same few taverns. So when Ganmol told us that we are going somewhere new and bringing a special guest, we all agreed to it." Srash said while also drinking wine. That kinda surprises me, I thought she would drink beer like the others.

" So what is your problem? For someone that defeated three out of four of us, it definitely has to be some hard enemy right?" Ganmol said with a laugh... meathead is the only word in my mind right now.

" Its... Petrasha and the others..." 

"..."

" What happened," asked Srash.

I used a few minutes to explain to them what happened at my home, luckily, the waiters that are delivering the food is good enough to leave the food outside of the door and wait for us to finish.

" This is certainly abnormal..." Raisul said.

" Especially when it's Petrasha... I know she wouldn't do that." Srash added.

" I mean, that girl has been working hard to unite all of you, especially you. She invented countless things just to save you you know? So her acting like this is very weird." Ganmol said.

We are discussing all the weird points in Petrasha's behavior, well only Petrasha since they interacted with her the most. However, throughout the entire conversation.

" It happened after the human raid right?" Paelisher suddenly stops everyone and asks me.

" Huh? Ah... yes, just the day after." I replied which made him think.

" Anything on your mind?" Srash asked.

" Human magic." Paelisher only muttered two words.

" But humans can't use magic, they can't even sense it," Raisul said.

" Back in the war, some are able to use it, we call it mind magic," Paelisher added. Mind magic... why does it sound so familiar...

" Wait, are you telling me that my daughter is getting controlled by humans?" Ganmol reacted to that the most. Slamming his fist on the table as he stood up angrily. 

Though Srash stopped him before he is able to get angrier, she is also looking at Paelisher for more answers. Raisul though not really showing, is also wanting for Paelisher to continue. Paelisher simply look at me and I understood what he meant.

"ᛖᛚᛖᛗᛖᚾᛏᛋ ᛁᚾ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᛟᚱᛚᛞ, ᚠᛟᚱᛗ ᚨᚾ ᛁᛗᛈᛖᚾᛖᛏᚱᚨᛒᛚᛖ ᛒᚨᚱᚱᛁᛖᚱ ᛏᚺᚨᛏ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚾᛟᛏ ᚨᛚᛚᛟᚹ ᛚᛁᚷᚺᛏ, ᛋᛟᚢᚾᛞ, ᛗᚨᚾᚨ, ᛋᛗᛖᛚᛚ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛁᚾᛏᛖᚾᛏᛁᛟᚾᛋ ᛏᛟ ᛈᚨᛋᛋ." I chanted and the barrier formed, covering the entire room.

" Listen, what I am going to tell you should not leave this room no matter what," Paelisher said and all of us nodded.

" During the last great war, other than the anti-mana weapons that they used even until now, they also have mind mages that can affect the mind of our people. These mages are extremely dangerous, even the weakest of them is able to give suggestions to the mind to let them suicide. While the strongest of them could even directly control them and force them to kill others. Those who are controlled will become a mere spectator in their body, unable to do anything except watching their bodies do whatever those cursed mages want..." Paelisher said with a heavy tone... I even saw his eyes starting to get a bit watery...

" How... do you know this..." Ganmol asked. Oi you insensitive-

" I was controlled to kill my wife and my sons..." 

...

Ganmol, you meathead...

" This is horrible..." Srash said. She also lost one of his sons so I guess she can relate to the feeling of losing her loved ones.

" Unforgiveable..." Raisul himself is also getting angry about this...

" You have a wife????" ...

I gave the insensitive man a chop at the back of the head and continue to listen.

" Is there any way to counter this? Or at least save them from these mind mages?" I asked Paelisher. If my guess isn't wrong, right now they aren't at the stage of being controlled yet, since if they are being controlled, I would think the one controlling them would want me dead. At most the level at the moment is just suggestions.

" Normally these magic are given a goal, which is mostly destroying something or killing someone, so either this magic fades out, or your body fulfills its goal... which is what happened for me." This means... either it fades out... or they kill me...

" Will killing the caster undo the magic?" I asked Paelisher. 

" I think it should, even if it doesn't, you can just wait until it fades away since it would require the caster to refresh it." Paelisher said. But still... mind magic sounds familiar... I think...

*Urgh*

My head hurts so much...

" Oi, are you alright?" I heard them yelling at me before I fainted.


Paelisher's POV

" Urgh..." the dragon lass holds her head in pain as we are talking about mind magic.

" Are you alright?" Srash immediately rushes to her and checks on her.

" She fai-" before Srash was able to finish her sentence, the lass woke up and hit Srash at the back of her head, immediately knocking her unconscious. Ganmol and Raisul both stood up to stop her but were immediately dealt with the same way as Srash.

" Do not worry, this is not her doing." is what I heard from the lass's mouth, but it doesn't feel like her...

" That is right. I temporarily knock her out for her own safety. Ruler of the dwarven kingdom." this feeling of divinity... it's the goddess!

I immediately stood up from my chair and knelt down to her.

" Rise up. I am grateful that you remembered me but this is not important right now. There is a reason why I am controlling this girl's body right now." I listened to Her and stood up and sit back on my chair.

" Remember this, mind magic is a magic that does not originate from our system, its origin is from another universe that functions very differently from ours. As you speculated, it is the very same magic that the humans used in the last war. While I made sure that every single being that dabbled in mind magic has been erased, it still somehow came back. I am currently investigating why did this happen." the Goddess said.

" I understood... then should I-" 

" No, do not do anything. In fact, attempt to stop anyone who tried to investigate this matter. I am only letting you know this since you are a direct victim of this vile magic. This girl will go ahead and investigate on my behalf. You are allowed to assist her and her only." the Goddess said.

" Understood. May I ask why the dragon lass is the only one allowed? Is it because she is a reincarnator?" I asked.

" No,  its because she has access to the same system that contains the mind magic, except me and another god decided to lock part of the system from her as we don't want the god that governs the other system to know about this." the Goddess said this fact as if it isn't anything big...

Does that mean the weird magic that she uses is also from that system? That would explain a lot of things...

" And lastly... her soul and body do not belong to our system."

...

" Explaining it entirely would take too long, so I will exclude it for now, but remember, let her use that system as little as possible." the Goddess said before I felt the traces of divinity leaving the lass...

Just what is going on with the world... is another great war coming? 

And just what are you... I looked at the lass before sighing and looking out of the window...

Things are definitely going to be very chaotic now...


" Is it necessary that you go down like that,"

" Yes, this magic is very dangerous and the fewer people know about it, the better it is Ars," (Astrea)

" Doesn't mean you have to go down by yourself though. Don't the other admins usually give oracles or messages like that? At least my last superior did it like that." (Ars)

" Hahaha, I know, but I like it this way, at least this way those below will get what I meant 100% and the chances of misunderstanding are almost zero!" (Astrea)

" Aclite would never do that. He would just give the oracle and let the inhabitants figure it out themselves, if they can't then it's their problem." (Ars)

" And that is why his message got misunderstood and he ended up dooming the entire civilization in his realm and has to work under others while he gets his realm back." (Astrea)

" Tsk... who would know that the inhabitants would understand the phrase 'friendly' competition as an arms race?" (Ars)

" Thats why my method is safer right? If I just message him 'Don't use mind magic and don't tell others about it what do you think will happen." (Astrea)

"... they would research that instead of ignoring it..." (Ars)

" Yep, that's why I gotta do this, now, help me with some more paperwork on the realm resources~" (Astrea)

' I now understand why he decided to retire and let me take reigns...' (Ars)

Astrea: Nice place you have here.
Beno: This place is just a void though... not as good as your gardens.
Astrea: I mean, I am sure Akre cant detect me here right? Ars also wont be able to~ So this is the best place to be lazy!
Beno: Anything to say?
Ars: Nope, well, thank you for giving me access I guess?
Astrea: !!! You!
Beno: They cant detect, but that doesn't mean that they cant come though?
Astrea: Betrayer!!!
Ars: Come back to work, please.
Beno: There they go...

I regret not making a list of all the characters, I almost typed Akre as Aker...

15