Chapter 103 Disowned
405 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Felerach of Desariel 1237

Lucy's POV

This is the second week after reaching back to the old man's place, and he isn't even telling me why is he even calling me back! At least tell me why did you call me back. But then, at least Amy is here with me... so I guess we can treat this as a sort of date vacation? Well, I am already treating it that way, we have been going on after a few days coming back~

" So he still hasn't told you why he is calling you back huh..." Amy asked me while munching on the crepes that we had just bought. Somehow seeing her eating it like a chipmunk is very soothing~

" Not yet... but I do hope he will tell me soon, even though I enjoy our time like this, I still want to be with the gang," I said as I stole a bite of the crepe from her.

" Mou... you have your own crepe, don't you... Why would you steal mine!" Amy said with a pout on her face. I chuckled a bit which earned me a glare at her, which made me start laughing.

" Hmmph... bully..." Amy said as she looked to the other side and continue to munch on her crepe. 

" Can't be helped when you are so cute~" I teased her, which she then suddenly stop... and her crepe dropped onto the floor.

" I know I can be a flirt sometimes but you don't have to drop that don't you~ doesn't matter though, we can just go buy another one~," I say as I continue walking, but Amy is still there frozen on the spot, her eyes look like she saw some sort of super ultra horror movie or a flying cockroach.

" Lucy... we have to go back... fast..." Amy said as she quickly rushes back to our house. Huh? What?

" Hold on a minute, calm down, and tell me what happened!" I yelled to her as I also start running to meet up with her speed. Urgh, Amy is faster than me... just a few more weeks and my leg would be back but...

"It's Petry, I just saw her icon that she just got disabled. Which means that she got knocked out unconscious." Amy said. Damn! Why not! Who could it be... an attack from inside? But I am sure there are no more humans inside here. Could it be someone from the kingdom? But why killing her won't do anything good for the killer since the kingdom runs based on one's merit... is it her opposition? But that would be too obvious...

" What are you standing there for? Quick!" Amy yelled at me, snapping me out of my thoughts. Thinking now won't do anything.

Reaching our home, we went to start packing our things in our room. But entering our room, the first thing I saw, is the old man standing inside.

" What are you doing here? It's my room! Give me some privacy!" I yelled to him as I went to drag him out. But...

I can't... it is as if I am trying to drag an entire mountain...

" Sit down." He said sternly. I haven't heard of this voice for years... the only time he would use this voice is when his children have done something wrong or during training.

" We can't! Petra-"

" Yes I know, Lord Petrasha has collapsed in the palace. Do not worry as it isn't an enemy attack from the humans or dwarves." the old man replied, promptly cutting me short. While I am happy that Petrasha is safe, I am still worried. Not to mention, I am also angry because he is stopping me from going to her side!

" Calm down will you? Also little miss, please leave us some time, I will come to you later." the old man said before looking back at me with a stern face. What do you want?

" Al... right..." is what Amy said before leaving nervously. Granted, ever since she came here, she never saw this side of the old man. So it's normal for her to be scared by the sudden change of attitude.

" Now that the lass is gone, sit down." the old man... no...Zeyle Welk ordered me, and I can only obey as I know how scary he is when he is angry.

" Alright, first things first. Lucy Welk, tell me the slogan of the hunters guild." he stared at me as if he want to bore a hole inside my body.

" For hunters we trust, and vice versa." he nodded as if that is the correct answer.

" What does that mean." he continued.

" For the hunters to be trusted by the public to fulfill their duties in both hunting and quests in obtaining materials, the hunters will also trust the public to have their back and fulfill their promises in quests," I replied and he nodded.

" What is the taboo of the hunters guild." another question.

" Failing a quest on purpose to tarnish the guild's reputation, killing a member of the town that the hunter resides in, and betraying the hunters guild," I replied, though all three of these are not listed in the rules since the law of the country would punish murder, some people would still do it, and betrayal isn't really that uncommon no matter where you are, whether it's because of money, split of spoils, or for partners, it is still common for this to happen.

" There is still one more. One more taboo that you yourself have set. The one that you swore that you will not touch." Zeyle stared at me even harder. One more? But I didn't...

" Looking at your face you probably forgot, whether intentionally or not. Well, let me tell you. That is to never betray a friend." Zeyle said with a very cold voice, probably the coldest so far. But... I don't think I broke that...

" Lucy Welk. Tell me, what happened with you and Belgrynd? What prompted you to not only oppose her but even decided to fight against her? Normally betraying all of her trust in you." Zeyle said. Belgrynd, that bitch again... just why cant she leave us alone! Not only-

" Do not continue that train of thought Lucy Welk. You also haven't replied to my question." he pressured me more...

" I..." 

" Enough, think about what you have done and what you could have done in the future, you are not allowed to leave this room until you figured it out," Zeyle said as he started to stand up. I don't understand why would he do this! Moreover for that damn bitch!

" How can you do this? She is just an outsider. You don't even know her properly yet! Didn't you also forget the mess that she damn caused when she first arrived? Why would you even prioritize her over the others that you have known far longer than her! It's unfair!" I yelled at him as I stand up to chase him.

" Then let me tell you one thing. You, along with all of your friends, came in first as an outsider. Yet we do not treat you all the way you treated your friend this time. Now, while I didn't know her long enough, you all do. For you who is the closest to her to treat her like this. Who is the unfair one now? And do not even get me started. If it isn't because of her. You would have long lost the method to regenerate and would have to live the rest of your life losing one limb. Not to mention that you can still live purely because of her too!" Zeyle scowled at me.

" If it isn't because of her that time, we wouldn't even be in such danger! She held us off by holding in information! Not to mention, she could have warned us beforehand and let us prepare, but she just let us in blind! And-" 

" ENOUGH!" Zeyle immediately shouted out, stopping me from complaining.

" Listen, Lucy. You have no right to complain anything about that little excursion of yours. Everything that happens at that time is purely on all of you. All of you, including Lady Petrasha, are absolutely underprepared to fight against any of those. It is thanks to Belgrynd that all of you even came out alive. You yourself know how low is the survival rate of the hunter's guild mission on these human bases. For you all to charge in with less than ten percent of the hunter groups is already a suicide mission alone. Yet the only price you all have to pay for your carelessness is only a single limb, which could even be regenerated thanks to Belgrynd's powers." Zeyle said.

" I didn't raise you to shift blame to others, Lucy... I am disappointed in you. Until you figure out what happened. Do not call yourself a Welk. And do not try to leave this room either. I have cast runes to prevent you from leaving unless I said so. I will give tell the others to give you your meals at times. That is all." Zeyle said as he left the room.

" This... but... urgh!" I grunted as I slammed my fist into the wall, seeing it unharmed at all made me even more frustrated.

What the hell does he even mean by that? Is it clearly her fault that all of this happened? Why am I taking the blame for this?

" Also, you are barred from seeing your girlfriend while you figure things out." I heard Zeyle's voice from outside.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH AMY YOU DAMN BASTARD!" I yelled out at him. Not even caring that he is... was my adoptive father.

" Nobody will touch her. She will be locked in just like you. You both need to think about this thoroughly." Zeyle said from outside.

Hearing that, I slump down onto the floor. Whether it's anger, grief, or sadness... I don't know...

I am not even sure how should I feel now. Zeyle clearly said that Belgrynd isn't at fault for all of this, but my mind keeps telling me it is...

But my heart is telling me the opposite...

I don't know what should I even feel now...

Now that I cooled down a bit, I try to think back on those events that the old man told me, but every time I tried to think of them, my head hurts tremendously. But... to get to the truth, I have to do it. There is definitely a reason why the old man does this. He wouldn't use such drastic measures unless it is necessary...

Why does it feel like something is missing... or is messing with my brain...

Astrea: Poor girls...
Ars: Doesnt includes you.
Astrea: Poor me... getting bullied despite being the admin of this realm...
Ars: Don't force me to confiscate your BL manga.
Astrea: Dont make me confiscate your GL manga.
Ars: YOU DARE
Arke: Don't make me do both.
Ars & Astrea: SIR YES SIR!

The other side of the good old man Zeyle! He might look like a wonky guy, but he can be serious for sure. Maybe... probably...

Work is lessening so I may have more time! That means more time to read no- I mean write! I totally didn't get addicted to read novels~~~

15