Chapter 105 Clear Minds
593 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Felerach of Desariel 1237

Petrasha's POV

Urgh... my head hurts... it is like I got trampled by a thousand alpacas in the middle of a savannah during a heat wave in the middle of an extreme summer when the sun is right on top of you...

Too specific but it delivers my intention.

" I see you are awake my lady," one of the servants that serve my house told me.

" Yeah, and having a huge migraine is not helping my mood. Tell the others to prepare me a hot bath and drinks." I said to him as I sat up and regained myself.

" As you wish," he said as he left the room.

Urgh, I don't even know what is going on. All I know is that I was talking with Raisul for one second and the next thing I knew, I am back here... 

" I wish someone would explain to me what happened...well the easiest way would be to go to Raisul and asks him." I thought to myself as I step out of my bed and went to take a bath.


" You do know that this is important right?" Raisul asks Ganmol.

" Of course! I mean, we rarely had a chance to get our hands on something like this, though there are dragons that are weaker and probably on my level, they would be protected by their clan leaders or are so isolated that I would probably die before even reaching them! But to think she would even go this far for her friends huh~ I guess sometimes water can be thicker than blood." Ganmol said as he looks at the jar of blood that is recently delivered by the Guildmaster of the Zara Continent - Zeyle Welk.

" Though what does he mean by giving it to her only when she wavered? Does it mean her bonds with her friends or the mind control?" Raisul asks.

" Sometimes even if you are the most clever genius in the kingdom, you can also face stupid situations like this huh? Of course, it is mind control! Plus, I think if we want to wait until their friendship wavers, we might need to live way over a millennium for that to happen hahaha!" Ganmol laughs at Raisul while the one subjected to it is currently frowning.

" But still, I still wish to investigate this blood... because judging by its properties, it could be our best weapon against mind magic, a cure for the mind-controlled. Whether it is the chemical or magical properties of blood if we could understand it..." Raisul continues to murmur as he stares at the jar of blood, if stares could kill, the entire jar would have been evaporated by it already. The blood will remain though. 

" Just ask the lass when she is back, I am sure she is willing to assist you with this problem. Well if she hasn't solved it already. You know how otherworlders do." Ganmol said as he continue to laugh at Raisul.

" But these aren't like other otherworlders though. You knew it, and maybe, this time they will have a lasting mark on this world. A mark that will outlive both you and me." Raisul said to Ganmol.

" I sure hope so." Ganmol said as he stood up and pick up the jar and head out, leaving Raisul alone inside the room.

" It would really help if they could leave a mark. It is sad to know that everything you did is eventually erased. As if you don't exist at all." Raisul said to himself as he look at his wristwatch.


After thoroughly cleaning and dressing up, I went back to the castle, hopefully finding Raisul and getting some questions. But I would also need to get some work done... I don't want to imagine how much paperwork has piled up since last week...

Maybe I should start bringing back computers... ManaComs are great but at this moment they are just inter-continental walkie-talkies, no games, no photo taking no whatever. Yeah... I guess I should start developing computers as my next target, or not, to get computers we would need to develop microelectronics first, but since the usual method of generating electricity doesn't work, I don't think normal electronics would work too, which is proven by the ManaComs... urgh, so many things to do yet so little time.

" You know, if you think longer you would hit the door." a voice suddenly said next to me, startling me. I looked at it and it Raisul.

" Oi! I know I am young and my heart can handle this, but you are too old for this already Raisul!" I yelled at him.

" Can't blame me when you have been standing in front of my room for more than thirty minutes already. Now, I can guess what you want so let's cut to the chase and come in." Raisul said as he invites me into his office.

" Why did I faint." is what I asked before even entering.

" Hmm, not the first question that I expected... but still one of the questions I expected nevertheless. You fainted because your mind is trying to purge malicious and foreign thoughts inside your brain. " Raisul said as he pours some red tea into my cup and gets himself his coffee.

" Then why did I have these so-called malicious thoughts? I am sure I can't have those since you all trained me about defending myself from foreign mental intrusions." I said as I took a sip of the tea that Raisul gave me... it taste weird, and it was very thick, it felt more like condensed milk than tea. 

" It can't be helped when the source of the magic isn't even something that is from our realm. From what I know, whatever happened to you is something that nothing in this realm could handle, but because it is similar, you do have your resistance against it, hence why you recovered so fast." Raisul explained though the explanation doesn't really help more.

" But if something like this is happening now, does it mean that it will happen more times in the future? This time it is in our group, their goal is probably to kill Belgrynd who is rising in power, but this shouldn't be known to the public, and Belgrynd has her ways to hide her power. Which either means we have an insider or we are being closely monitored. Though what worries me more, is that if it is used on the leaders of each country. For example, Paelisher." I said to him, shocking him slightly.

" Back to work fast huh, that is true, that is why we are finding methods to fix this. Currently from what we experienced from you, we found out that one of the ways to break one out of its controlled state is to reaffirm them of their closest persons."

" Which in my case is the bond I have with Belgrynd and the others," I said, finishing what Raisul wanted to say. He nodded, which means I am correct.

" But this is not stable, as some people might not have close people to them, such as the people in the slums, or those that have lived secluded. Also, this will be useless if the entire group is controlled directly, which also in my case, is all of us against Belgrynd. Hence, we need a method to do this without relying on unstable factors such as bonds. We need something material that could cure or at least alleviate it." I said, continuing my previous statement, which also earns a nod from Raisul.

" And one of the steps to that is inside the tea that I just served you. Inside that tea, contains the blood of a powerful dragon." Raisul said which surprised me.

The blood of a dragon... dragons are not ones that are willing to trade something like this. The blood of a dragon is so rare, that even in the treasury of this kingdom, there are only two small vials of it. Yet here it is, being mixed in with tea just to cure me... I do not think that I am that important to warrant the use of such national-grade treasure!

" This... I don't think I am worth being used as such a national treasure... aren't dragon blood also counted as an elixir? The one that could heal even the most severe injury... to use one right now is totally not worth it!" I said to him.

" That is fake, dragon blood does not do this, the only reason dragon blood is stored inside our treasury is that it contains rich enough mana to assist one in evolving into a dragonkin. Plus, this blood is donated to us by another powerful dragon." Raisul said which got my interest. Another powerful dragon? This means it isn't the red dragons above of HeartForge, but I haven't heard of another dragon wandering into our kingdom...

" It is your friend Miss Belgrynd, she gave us this blood to help all of your situation regarding the mind control spell. From what I knew, one friend of yours who lives in the port city decided to tell her about a tale that drinking dragon blood will provide the consumer a brief mind clarify, and she without any hesitation draw blood out of herself and gave you all these. It is too bad that you didn't figure it out though."Raisul said with a hint of disappointment.

" Don't worry, she isn't here anymore, from what I knew she already departed for the Desarrkti continent. So chasing her to say anything would be too late already. Not to mention, you are still needed in the kingdom for a lot of stuff. Such as the documents." Raisul said. Not them again... didn't I finish a month's worth of it last week...

" Oh, she also produced three jars of these apparently, though it takes more than half a jar just to bring you back, and I have no intention to give up the remaining ones inside here. It won't be enough for your other friends anyways." Raisul said as he stored the remaining jar of blood.

" Now go, figure out your own stuff, and then head back to work. " Raisul said as he shoved me out of his office.

It is inexcusable... for me to do that to Bel...

" Will you forgive me if you ever come back?" I asked. Not to anyone, but to myself. 

I guess... we will only know when the time comes... time to go to work, I don't think Bel will be happy if I wasted time thinking about useless things.

Belgrynd: I can't believe the first time I donated blood is in an isekai...
Astrea: Why didn't you in the past?
Belgrynd: Medical conditions. Plus, am scared of the syringe.
Astrea: So a dragon like you also has things that you are scared huh...
Belgrynd: I am a human before I am like this...
Astrea: Oh... I forgor...
Belgrynd: Dont follow that owl vtuber... 
Astrea: Teehee~
Belgrynd: Neither the emergency food.

This was supposed to be completed last week... but my craptop decided that it doesn't want me to write... I used it to write half of it, took a shit then come back the page has unloaded... WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

19