Chapter 106 Disguise Fail
602 20 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Sukurach of Desariel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

" So I guess you had a good sleep huh, young miss." one of the sailors said to me as I was going out of the room. The ship is reaching land soon so I guess I would just go out and prepare.

" Sort of, if you consider crying yourself to sleep as good," I said to him as I walked to the deck, leaving a confused sailor behind. Though it is good that he didn't probe in further. Though again, it's my fault for starting it.

" Ngggghhhh. I have slept for almost a week, maybe even longer... but it's good cause I don't have to worry about things. Since well, one moment staying awake is one moment to get more depressed~ Whatever, somehow it feels pretty refreshing out here in the sea. At least compared to before~" I said to myself as I took a deep breath of the ocean winds.

" Ah, it's been a while miss. If you haven't woken up, then I would have to 'accidentally' kidnap you to another continent. Hahaha!" the captain joked as he pats at my back. 

" Well, it has been a tiring few days for me, so I kinda just want to sleep away my worries," I replied to him, it isnt really the truth, but it is not a lie either. 

" Ah, so you're treating this like a vacation huh? Can't blame ya, I heard the human activities back there have been going quite hard. Well, luckily on the sea, there is nowhere to hide so we don't have to worry!" the captain said proudly. True, on land, there are caves and forests that make a good hiding spot, but on water? You have nowhere to hide. 

" Anyways, I will be going to prepare to land, stay safe lass!" the captain said as he left me alone on the deck.

Somehow, looking back at the sea makes me feel nostalgic. Back on Earth, I remember that we all once stood at the border of the seastead to look at the ocean like this too. This kinda feels different, maybe because back then, the seastead has prepared a lot of stuff to mitigate all the movement caused by the waves but here, there's nothing to prevent it at all. I wonder if those megacruisers that I saw before would shake like this too.

" Damn it... I am only awake for a few minutes and I am already missing them... but if I go back, I might cause them to do something that they will regret..." I mumbled. The past months felt like seconds and before I knew it, the damn fel demons caused this to happen and we have to be separated again...

*sigh*

At least we are reaching land soon, and after that, I guess I will busy myself with pest hunting to wash away my worries...

" Alright lads, get ready to dock!" I heard the captain shout from wherever he is. Well, guess it's time to disembark. 

It isn't that I don't like this continent but... my first impression of it isn't that good. First is that shapeshifting prank, then the fel demon, and then... that dragon fanatic Cyber... I can't help but wonder... is my disguise good enough?

Before I board the ship, I disguised myself to be an elf, first by hiding my horns and tails, then by dyeing my hair a more typical blonde color, and then crafted two eye contacts to make my heterochromia disappear. Visually, I am just like your other common elf, but deep inside I know there is a problem. 

First... if they were to touch my back, they will feel that something is wrong and that there is something protruding out from my back... the same also goes for my head. 

Second... I don't have unlimited hair dye... so... if I stayed too long in here, I might exhaust my dye supply. And no, normal hair dyes won't work for some reason, so I have to create my own dye...

Third... if... let's say... someone knew me before, I think they can recognize me by how I talk... which is the biggest problem here...

Alright, let's avoid Cyber at all costs. I don't want news that a dragon has come to this continent. I know how troublesome it is at HeartForge.


An hour later

" Ahahaha, that is cruel of you to leave me back there! Thank god that I met my sister there and that I am able to come back! But I guess it isn't a bad journey after all since I met a lot of other races there which helped with my research! Even some of your comp-" 

My disguise failed miserably... this guy literally broke through my disguise within a glance...

" Sorry to interrupt you but... how the hell did you know it's me..." I stopped his own long winding monologue and ask my biggest question.

" Oh, I have a skill that allows me to put some sort of tracker on my target. Because you know, I always have to track down different races, so whenever I saw someone or something interesting, I place a tracker on them! Sadly it doesn't work once the target is 500 meters away from me though... but, my determination to meet you and study you made me make the decision not to remove that tracker from you! Not to mention, after not meeting for so long, you-" 

Great... a stalker... as if having one in the form of a fel demon that controls people's brains isn't enough, I now have a mad biologist on my tail... figuratively and literally... I am holding him with my tail...

How did this happen you say... I was just walking on the street to find a nice inn to stay at night when I felt someone following me. I purposely lure him into an alleyway and then... you know the rest... 

And now I got a serious headache from this guy... either from his nonstop nagging and bragging, or the fact that I forgot that skills that track people exist... which means... if that fel demon has more than one skill, or has allies that have the tracking skill, they might track me to this continent... I am not sure if I should be happy or not... happy because they will leave the Zarcara continent and leave the rest alone... unhappy because... I have stalkers...

Whatever, I guess I will face it when it happens, no use thinking about it at the moment. Right now, solving the issue of this one is more urgent.

" You do know that I currently have a disguise on right... it means that I am doing something. If you broke my disguise and exposed me what the hell should I do..." I asked him, not really wanting an answer but just wanting to know what is he thinking.

" Oh... didn't notice that, I only thought of finding you. To be honest, your disguise isn't that good. You look almost the same as your elf friend except that you're slightly taller, have a ponytail, and almost fla-" I didn't want to hear him finish the last one and immediately feed him my fist. 

Yes, I am a guy before, but living as a girl for almost years already made me think as a girl, not to mention the influence of Amy and May on me... 

Sometimes I wonder how did May accept this so fast... sometimes she is even more girlie than Amy... who was already initially a girl.

" Hmm, your strength increased, even your control too. I can feel the power behind the punch but most importantly your control over it. Not to mention, your perception is quite good to notice me tracking you... Hmm, I have to record this down... and judging by the mana density, you must have evolved! So, are you a noble or high dragonkin? No, it must be higher, past records sh-"

" Shut up or I will tear your research paper into shreds." I threatened him, and thank Astrea, he finally calmed down and start working quietly. His constant mumbling is starting to rip my eardrums...

But what should I do now, while I am not sure if there are any others who noticed me, I am a bit hesitant to go back out so fast. Not at least this guy can stay quiet the entire journey.

I think I should make a deal with him... even if I feel that I will regret it later...

" Say, you said that you want to research me in detail right?" I asked him and this made him stop writing and immediately snap his head in my direction. Scary... you are not an owlkin... you shouldn't be able to turn your head that fast...

" Just accompany me while I am at here, I need a guide to lead me through my mission, and it is not going to be inside the city, most of my job will be outside of it. Just, guide me and I will let you stare. No touching touch." I said to him, which made his eye gleam in excitement. Sometimes I wonder what is his true race, it definitely isn't a demon.

" Though, a warning first, the place I will go will have a lot of fights and death, so if you are not pre-"

" I am ready! I am used to seeing dead guys Don't worry!" he said almost instantly. Also, used to seeing dead people? I wonder what that means... Wait... does he uses corpses for his studies? Urgh... whatever... there's something like this back on Earth too, not too shocked about that... there is probably an institute like this here too, to dissect dead beings to analyze them...

" Also, do not call me dragon anywhere, call me by name, Belgrynd, if you somehow missaid anything, the contract ends. Alright?" I asked him the final question, and to be honest, the most important one.

" Aye, ma'am! No slip-ups!"  with this, I am finally not traveling alone! Even though I am traveling with a creep! Anything beats loneliness!

" So we are going to live in the sa-" 

" Separate rooms. Separate tents separate whatever. Also, no peeking at me whenever I sleep or bath. Or you can kiss your eyes goodbye." I said to him.

"Don't worry, I am not interested in that." 

...

I forgot, here, being male or female just means you have different sexual organs. Since both can create babies, it doesn't matter who, and thus, the problem of being gay isn't a problem here...

But does that mean he is also one of them? I am not interested in that. Single all the way...

" Good... now, let's find a place for me to rest for today... you still live in the orphanage right?" I asked him.

" Yeah, Berk still kept my room as it is. He knew I would be back sooner or later anyways. After all, he is my only gateway to the institute." he replied, clearly not in creep mode now.

" What is the institute, by the way, I heard you two say this since last time," I asked.

" Oh, basically it is like a demon club for us to hook up with those with the same interests." 

Excuse me...

Isnt an institute... for learning? Not for hookups? 

" Oh, we call it the institute because it is very friendly for us nerds and geeks, some even use it as a base for them to do their own research. It is by no mean a school or whatever to learn. There isn't a single teacher there!" he immediately answered me, clearly not the first time doing so...

But still, sort of like a club huh, I wonder if somehow somewhat Petrasha or Christine manage to spread anime to this world, would there be an institute of anime? Then we would be back where we are before even coming here huh...

Gonna suggest that to them after all these sheesh are done.

Astrea: Oh yes, YES, YEEEEEES MAKE THAT HERE! SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO PAY TERRA MONEY!
Terra: I brought you... alright, no more future shipping huh, Astrea-chan~
Astrea: Wait no no, I still want your anime too! Where is the new season of NGNL!
Terra: Sheesh... I told you there is no new season of it like... a few thousand cycles ago...
Astrea: Petrasha-chan! Make a new season for it please! Even if it is not canon! I just want to watch it!
Terra: By the way, it seems we have a new delivery coming...
Astrea: Huh? I didn't order anything else.
Terra: You didn't, but it seems Beno did.
Astrea: Huh? How... oh, a picture of May huh, alright, put it here then~
Terra: Enjoy~

Spoiler

Cute May~ 

[collapse]

Sorry for the late chapter, work has been very demanding but it is alright, cause work gives me money to commission artwork! Finally, our first character is finally not computer generated! Behold, May! (I know you want to say Belgrynd is the first but shush, she's special). Our cutest May is drawn by Ayuumiko! You can check her twitter out here!

https://twitter.com/AyuumikoChan

Other characters are also in commission! I will reveal them one by one~ Next one is Lucy~

Do you think May is cute?
  • Yes Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Pat material Votes: 16 36.4%
  • F L U F F Votes: 18 40.9%
Total voters: 44
17