The Fallen – Chapter 1
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 15, 2030.

The world has fallen into chaos.

The Chinese Government has been messing with famous historical sites all around the world. 

Stonehenge, England. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. Machu Picchu, Peru. Acropolis of Athens, Greece. Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Easter Islands. etc.

And strangly enough, in all of the locations they've checked out, they accidentally stummbled uppon these gigantic bluish rocks which will be known later as 'Mana Stones' which keeps on emitting an incredibly dense and huge amount of some sort of unknown type of energy 'Mana'.

At that time, no one knew what this energy was and what it could actually do this world. So China, of course, got into work almost immediately and started experimenting

So when China finally understood it's fundamental principles and found out what this new type of energy 'Mana' could be used for, they decided monopolize it and disturbuted it to the rest of the world.

The was the biggest mistake they've ever made in their life.

3 years later after China made that amazing discovery, most of the people on Earth started to use Mana in their everyday life.

Humans even started to develop minor supernatural abilities such as, Strength Enhancement, Body Modification, Telekinesis,

Telepathy, and in rare cases, the ability to slightly manipulate the natural elements.

Since then, Earth has made a lot of technological advancements.

And finally, almost everyone in the world got to live a peaceful and happy life with barely any troubles at all.

Then, a few more peaceful years has passed.

And the amount of Mana all over the world has increased to a noticeable degree, that even the plants and animals started to be strangely affected by it.

At first, not a lot of people were worrying about it, thinking that it was just a natural phenomenon.

But then, something strange happen.

The animals that have been affected by the amount of Mana in their surroundings started to mutate and attack people.

The plants, that have a always been docile of millions of years has suddenly gained sentience and sometimes attack people as well.

All of the countries were in panic.

No one knew something like this would happen and a lot of big cities all around the world actually fell to ruin.

New York, United States.

Tokyo, Japan.

Ottawa, Canada.

Berlin, Germany

Seoul, South Korea.

And what was even more surprising was that an entire country, Philippines, literally got devastated by all of the mutants, and only an extremely small amount of the citizens survived.

Fortunately, most of the remaining citizens managed to emigrate to other countries.

And after that, humans have decided to limit their actions around nature and started constructing gigantic walls around almost every city in the planet.

And finally, peace and stability has once again returned to Earth.

Or so we though...

Just as all of the people of Earth finally got some time to relax and reorganize ourselves...

The day of their Invasion came.

Suddenly, some huge cracks started show up all over the world.

They were emitting huge amounts of Mana that rate of mutation of the plants and animals all over the world started to accelerate.

Then, something even more horrifying than mutated plants or animals showed up.

Monsters and Mythical Races.

Cthulhu, an ancient mythical octopus-like beast, the size of a skyscraper sprouted out of the middle of the Pacific Ocean and caused massive tsunamis and nearly destroyed all the lands near the Pacific.

Ancient Dragons that have actually been sleeping for millions of years suddenly started waking up all around Europe and incinerated almost all of Europe. 

Elves, who are so beautiful that words aren't even enough to describe their beauty started coming out all over that cracks all around the world and started marking their territories and have openly declared war to the entire human race.

Dwarves, who also came from the same cracks that Elves came from were carrying large amounts of resources from god knows where and started building massive fortresses that can make any major city in this planet look like little hut when compared to it.

They've also launched full scale attacks with their siege weapons on the small human cities they've encountered and stole the the valueble resources.

And many more creatures from myths started showing up one by one.

Now, we humans are in a desperate power struggle against these other races. Our human leaders decided to fight back so we can finally reclaim the lands we've lost and the resources that were so one-sidedly stolen from us.

To be completely honest, I'm not exaggerating when I say that extinction was just right round the corner.

But nevertheless, here I was, inside one of the bathrooms in the military base, taking a huge dump without a care in the world.

0