Whole Cake? Cheesecake :)
2.8k 4 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30

 

POV Pudding

 

I couldn’t remember what had exactly happened last night after crying myself to sleep. Waking up, it was already time for the Wedding.

 

I remember following Mama’s orders and receiving my Anti-Germa Armor Pistol as well as the lines to read. I knew my role in the wedding, it was quite simple after all.

 

Linlin: Shoot Vinsmoke Sanji and let the cake be bathed in the blood of the Germa.

 

But putting that into action…it was hard. For too long I searched for love and affection. Sure I had my loving twin sister Syrup but she just didn’t seem to understand. She cares for me, she loves me, she treats me as an equal but I know myself that I am no equal to her…always standing in her shadows and achievements.

 

I am no beauty like she is with my hideous third eye on my forehead. A monster…that was who I was to anyone outside the family. I was not strong like Syrup is; I couldn’t fight against Admirals or even most Marines above the rank of Captain in the New World. I was not a Sweet Commander or held great importance in the crew. Perhaps that was why Mama chose me this time for her expansion game. Despite this, I couldn’t help but love my sister.

 

Sanji…Sanji…Strawhat Sanji. Blackleg Sanji. Sanji the cook. Vinsmoke Sanji of the Germa. My husband to be Sanji…

 

Ever since I met him, I just couldn’t let my mind wander anywhere else for long. It always returned to his loving smile, his caring words, and the sympathy he had for me…just like Syrup.

 

I couldn’t imagine myself pulling the trigger into his face and killing him. I knew, instinctively, that something or someone inside of me would die with him if I do.

 

Syrup: It’s called affection, or love.

 

Me: How would you know?

 

Syrup: Just call it a hunch Pudding

 

Me: *sassy* You’re just as much as new to a relationship as I am!

 

She simply shrugged before pulling me into a hug. Being taller than her, I had to slightly hunch my back in order to tightly hug her back.

 

Syrup: I know you’re worried about whatever you are going to do out there. Whether you choose to follow Mama’s orders or go with your true feelings is completely up to you.

 

She hugged me even harder and my back started to hurt a little.

 

Syrup: But I want you to remember that no matter which decision you make, I will be supporting you. Even if you kill him, even if you remain a puppet, even if you fire the gun at me…I will love you always sister.

 

It was something about those words that let loose all of my pent up feelings. All the years of acting, pretending, feigning to be content with what we had as Mama’s children…to be nothing but tools in her eyes.

 

*sob* *sob* *hicc* *hic*

 

*pat* *pat*

 

Syrup: There there sis. Let it all out. We’ll fix your makeup once you let it all out.

 

I…I think I know what to do now.

 

 

POV Syrup

 

 

The wedding was horrible as expected. My sister obviously holding her pistol behind her back in clear view…even for Sanji’s. Was she trying to warn him of what was going to happen? Seeing into the future together with brother Katakuri, I had to let out a smile when I saw it happen.

 

Instead of collapsing onto the ground like she would have done before, once Sanji whispered his words I saw my precious sister drop her gun and full on jump into his open arms. It seems like the blond cook had found a way to knew beforehand even after the precautions I took to prevent any windows being open yesterday. I guess I can only blame fate for taking its course.

 

Moments later chaos broke out as my siblings and Mama rushed to rash conclusions on what to do as Sanji grabbed Pudding and began to escape.

 

Daifuku: Catch Them!!!

 

He never got the chance as the Wedding Cake exploded in Luffys…quite literally. Dozens of them exploding from inside out the cake as the Wedding Cake Mama has been looking so so much became nothing but a pile of dough and sugar on the Chateau floor.

 

I didn’t bother to do much but block myself from the annoying attacks (which came at me randomly) while calmly walking towards the Germa Royals who were trapped in brother Perospero’s candies. Seriously, how could they call themselves superhuman when their main powers came from nothing but a vial?

 

Me: *sigh* Brother Oven’s still recovering so who does that leave me to again?

 

I caught sight of a Tiger mink-tribe member cutting through the Chess Pawn soldiers with ease.

 

Pedro: I still have time!

 

Me: You do. Not much but you do.

 

Before he could even turn his head around, I slammed my knee into his liver bringing him down onto his knees. Following up with my right hand ( which was free) I grabbed his blade before twisting it out of his grip.

 

Me: Surrender yet?

 

Pedro: It looks like this is it for me…

 

As he began to go for his suicide bomb I head butted him directly into his face, knocking him out good.

 

Me: We’re about to have the Tamebako explode. No need for yours yet Pedro.

 

Making some earmuffs (noise cancellers) out of resistant snow I filled my ears just in time as Mama witnessed her broken pictures of Mother Caramel. Seriously Straw Hats…bad move.

 

Linlin: Wah…wah…. WAHHHH!H!H!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I braced myself moments before the will of the strongest woman in the world hit me. Even when she wasn’t aiming at anyone or anything in general, the effect was staggering. As she fell onto her knees, I saw the short glimpse of blood being drawn as her will faltered in the face of losing her precious picture.

 

*boom!* *boom!*

 

Followed by Caesar’s Rocket Launchers…too bad. I already saw what was going to happen. Mama’s pain and loss brought forth another stronger round of Conqueror’s haki. This time bursting explosively outwards as the hopes of the Supernova Alliance went up in smoke.

 

Katakuri: Round them up! Target the Supernova captains and the Germa First!

 

Smoothie: It looks like we’ve been heavily underestimated.

 

Daifuku: We’ll have to fix that, don’t we?

 

I stayed silent as I whipped out my tanto. I wasn’t much for useless and meaningless fights but I was getting a little bored as well. A warmup against an overzealous supernova or a delusional Germa wouldn’t hurt.

 

Bege: BIG FATHER!!!

 

Law, Basil Hawkins, StrawHats, Firetanks, and the rest of the crew were absorbed into the Mafia boss as he turned himself into a giant living and breathing castle. For a moment I was reminded of an old anime Howl’s Moving Castle before I decided that this one was much worse.

 

Me: Brother, could you do something about those cannons?

 

Katakuri: You haven’t done them already? It looks like I’m ahead of you this time imouto.

 

Me: In your dreams you middle aged virgin.

 

My brother made a mock-hurt expression (which was surprisingly possible behind the scarf) before firing off the mochis to plug off all the cannons on the castle. Effectively making them useless.

 

Smoothie: You should surrender now. You are outnumbered, outgunned, and surrounded.

 

Me: Don’t bother sis. Mama’s coming anyway.

 

Right on time, an enraged Charlotte Linlin charged the stone castle as she jumped up and grabbed on the walls.

 

*CRACCKKKK!!* *CRACKKK*

 

Linlin: GET OUT OF THERE SSTTTRRAWW HATTSSSS!

 

Another devastating punch sent the debris of the castle flying all over the chateau but we, the Charlotte children, watched in amusement as we witnessed our mother rip apart possibly the most defensive Supernova with her bare hands.

 

Inwardly though…I had to cringe. Sure I didn’t really care about the other Supernovas but sis Chiffon was in there as well. Mama might not give a second fuck about sis but that didn’t mean we didn’t as well. I could only hope that things go like Canon and the Firetanks escape successfully. Of course…except the magician of course. Betrayal after giving me his word was like spitting on my honor. He would have to pay for that dearly.

 

As another hit devastated the stone walls of Big Father, The Germa Forces, Caesar exploded out of Bege as he shrunk back into his flesh and blood.

 

Perospero: GET THEM!!

 

The sounds of hundreds of gunshots filled the air as my siblings (especially the not-powerful ones) raised the specially made Anti-Germa Armor Piercing Pistols and fired.

 

Sadly, none of them hit (I call Plot Armor on this bullshit! Many of my siblings already awakened Observation!). On the bright side, the clueless and overconfident Germa forces were facing off against us, the Sweet Commanders.

 

Just like canon, I saw Ichiji (the red fire one) rush up to brother Katakuri and begin his fire attacks. What an idiot. This was followed by Reiju (Poison Pink) fighting against sis Smoothie; a horrible matchup to be honest. Finally, the biggest idiot of them all, Vinsmoke Judge (King and leader of the Germa Kingdom) trying to face off against Mama herself.

 

Wait, wasn’t there two leftover then? Rushing towards me I saw two idiot Vinsmokes. What were their names again? Something like Niji or Yonji? Blue (electric) and Green (muscle mass) respectively.

 

Me: *sigh* You could have at least let me fight Reiju with her poison you know? Because this…

 

Niji: ELECTRIC SHOCK!!!

 

Me: Does nothing…

 

I took the punch of blue-idiot full on as I let the voltage flow right through me. His fist connected to my face but already seeing the future, I held my ground and didn’t budge. Perhaps it was due to years of screwing with Zeus or perhaps something was just wrong with my body but electricity just didn’t do the job on me; at least not when it was so pitifully little. Heck, compared to Zeus’ charged up attacks this was like comparing a proper blade to a butterknife.

 

Me: I don’t do electric based attacks so you’ll face to settle with frost.

 

I grabbed his fist with my left hand which was still sparking from the electric discharge, effectively holding him in place. I kicked away green-idiot with a side kick to buy some time before I gathered my Yuki-Yuki on my right hand and focused it.

 

As my hand began to get colder and colder, I didn’t stop there.

 

Me: Kichen “Configuration-Ice”

 

The soft power of the snow began to frost over as my fist was coated in ice.

 

Me: This should break through your toy armor.

 

I didn’t bother giving this move a name since I came up with it on the spot, but heck did I already know it would cause an effect.

 

*CRASSHHHHH*

 

Punching the blue-idiot right in the gut, I saw his transformation raid suit freeze over before short-circuiting out. I soru-ed over directly above him before crashing down onto his crippled form.

 

Niji: It’s no use, I don’t feel fear *chuckle*

 

Me: I see…then should we put that to the test?

 

The will of the Supreme King gathered on my right hand as I grabbed him by the collar. The sparks of my will clashing with his mind.

 

Me: Let’s see which is stronger. Your little pill which holds back emotions or my will to make you fear me.

 

I throat-lifted him up as he began to claw at his neck to breathe. All that technology and yet he still leaves such a vulnerable place open…how disappointing.

 

I felt my will grind away at his feeble mental defenses. His so called technology nothing but a glass wall in the face of a true world power. The change was immediate as Niji’s eyes widened and began making incorrigible sounds.

 

Me: There there…first time?

 

Niji: !!!?!!

 

Me: Don’t worry though, it’s only temporary.

 

With that, I crashed the blue idiot back into the ground, Mama-style, leaving an unconscious and brutally injured Germa Prince.

 

Turning around, I saw the limping form of a green-idiot facing off against Mama. Looks like that’ll be over quite soon as Mama grabbed Zeus.

 

Looking around, I saw the others who had also exited Bege. Straw-Hat, Sanji, Law, and Hawkins. While Straw Hat and Sanji were busy running away, Law was locked in combat with sis Amande while Hawkins was wiping up the chess soldiers stationed around the wedding venue. Now we can’t have that, can we?

 

As I teleported in front of the man, he didn’t even look fazed at my sudden appearance.

 

Me: Did your card read that I was going to face you? What is it this time, 100%?

 

Hawkins: I’ve learned my lesson of not trusting the numbers when it comes to you…but they still give a good pointer to what will happen. I, for one, know that you will not kill me here today with logic alone.

 

He picked up one of the floating blue cards and showed it to me. It showed a grave with constantly morphing image of a Spector floating above it.

 

Hawkins: No matter what I try, I cannot see the outcome of yours or my future. Tell me, what is it about your ability that counters mine so well?

 

Me: I just happen to be someone that a higher order favors. Nothing more.

 

Hawkin: Higher than destiny?

 

Just as I dialed my luck up to 11/10, a Green-idiot Germa prince crashed directly into the magician, sending them both flying…and it didn’t look like they would be falling anytime soon.

 

Me: Jesus…Mama…seriously this puts my King Punch to shame if this is only a casual throw of yours.

 

Using future sight, I found the place where they would fall. Hawkins having no natural ability to fly with and green-idiot too confused to know what was happening. Soru-ing over to the place before them, I summoned snow around my hands as I formed a bat.

 

Me: Configuration-Ice

 

The snowy bat crystalized as it became harder, heavier, and solid. I got into a batter’s position as I waited for them to fall directly into the right position.

 

The shining bat turned pitch black as I reinforced it with haki. It would be a shame if it just shatters against the Germa armor, wouldn’t it?

 

I saw the two of them tangled up with each other as they began to lose altitude (since they follow the laws of physics this time). I checked once more into the future before I swung my bat with all I could.

 

Compressing the snow on my arm to temporarily multiply my muscle strength to godly amounts before fixing it into position with haki.

 

Me: Edge Snow, HOME RUN!!

 

I heard the tell-tale signs of a crack and shatter when the bat made contact before I sent the two directly back to Mama, whom instinctively caught the two in one hand and began cackling madly.

 

Linlin: Mamamama, so you came back to me!!! Great, let me show you Napolean now!

 

I used future sight once again on them expecting a nice mashed version of Basil Hawkins from Mama’s grip but what I saw shook me…even though I knew it was coming.

 

Me: INCOMING!!!!

 

*BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM*

 

I felt the Chateau shift and crumple under me as the Tamebako Chest, the Teasure of the Sea Floor, exploded. Without waiting for anything anymore, I summoned my wings and grabbed Pudding from Sanji’s arms (Sanji held on) and sis Amande (and her a couple more) as I suspended us in the air.

 

Like a Snow Avalanche, the massive layered cake collapsed as its foundations were destroyed.

 

Amande: No way…how dare they!

 

Pudding: Sanji-kun, did you know about this?

 

Sanji: *cleans off nosebleed* Uhh, I might or not recall King Neptune saying that the chest was booby trapped. heh…Boobies

 

Pudding gave the pervert a smack before I lowered us to the ground where the other Charlottes were waiting. Thankfully none of them were seriously harmed (except the head chef of course)

 

Daifuku: *che!* It looks like those pesky rats have escaped! They must have some immense luck for there to be an explosion right at that moment!

 

Perospero: Chase them! *lick!* We cannot allow them to get off this island alive!

 

But there was a bigger problem on the horizon as a column of the Whole Cake Chateau crumbled away, exposing a very very angry Charlotte Linlin. Complete with orange swirls in her eyes and her dripping mouth in which she no longer has control over…she has entered her hunger pangs.

 

Linlin: WEDD…WEDDING CCAAKKKEEEE!!!

 

Perhaps except for myself, the voice of Mama in her pangs sent fear straight through our hearts and a chill down our spines.

 

Smoothie: No…no…why now?

 

Me: Brother, get a team to lead Mama away from here. Drain her of her stamina by making her go across the entirety of Totta Land!

 

Katakuri: How?

 

Brother Perospero had an idea for that.

 

Perospero: Mama! We had prepared a lovely Wedding Cake for your enjoyment! Made with the best and only the rarest ingredients to make the greatest Wedding Cake…for you! But those darn Supernovas stole them Mama! They have teamed up to steal the cake and now we don’t know who has it!

 

Brother Perospero’s words shook Mama out of her stupor as a dark gleam replaced her orange swirls. Mama in her mad state leaned forward to pay more attention to Perospero’s words.

 

Perospero: Mama, we will go after the Surgeon and the Magician (The Bishop)! We already have our forces chasing Bege (The Rook). Mama, go and get the Straw Hats! They are the most likely to have stolen your cake and is currently shipping it out of your territory!

 

Mama didn’t need to be told twice as she threatened Perospero once (like in canon) before charging towards the Seducing Woods where the Straw Hats were at a speed one wouldn’t believe for an overweight elderly woman.

 

Me: Not looking so comfortable there brother.

 

Perospero: Syrup! This isn’t the time for jokes. Mama will kill me! You hear??! Once she finds out that I told her a lie…

 

He left the remainder of the sentence silent but we knew what would happen. All of did. Every one of us had saw Mama’s Devil Fruit in action.

 

Wedding Cake or Life? She would ask

 

Was there a choice? If we only had the cake we would give it to her in a heartbeat…but we didn’t. Mama didn’t like lies either so the only choice in the end was life. Life in which brother Perospero didn’t have to spare at the age of 50.

 

Me: Well, we’ve got my lovely twin Pudding-chan here. I’m sure she could help as the Minister of Chocolate.

 

Pudding: I can recreate the cake don’t worry! But I’ll need Chiffon’s help. She’s the only one who can make the cake as fluffy and light equal or better than the Head Chef!

 

Katakuri: So we’ve got a plan then. 5 Parts in total.

Team Cracker. I know you’re still healing up but I need you to lead your forces to take down the Magician Hawkins!

Team Smoothie. Follow the trail of Bege and kill him on sight or arrest him if you can.

Team Syrup. You do the same for The Heart Pirate’s captain.

Brother Perospero. You guide Mama in the direction of the StrawHats if she gets too far behind and delay her once they are too close. We must stall for as much time as possible for the cake to be completed!

Finally, I will lead my troops to apprehend the StrawHats and have my crew lead their Ship as bait for Mama.

Once you are done with your duties, Brûlée, it is your duty to get everyone in the Mirror Realm for our next course of action!

 

All of us nodded at his orders before dispersing.

 

Bishop Piece: Lady Syrup, how can we be of help?

 

Me: Go help Sis Smoothie or something. I work alone.

 

The Chess Soldier nodded before leading my troops to join forces with Sis Smoothie. Either they’ll help her or become fuel for her beams. Either way, I got the eyes off of me.

 

How long have I waited for this moment? For the Stars to align themselves perfectly in my favor.

 

This would be the night.

82