Bonus: Makoto
12 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abandoned Aviation Museum 15 Years Ago:

A... are you sure?” 

Yes. Look, you may have found me and taken me in, but you’re not my dad, all right Klein?” The young teenager looked at the middle-aged man with a smirk on her face. 

But you’ve been having trouble sleeping since you got here,” he protested. 

It’s been longer than that, and having an old man sleep in the same room is just creepy. Get out!” She shoved a slightly wounded Klein out the door of her room and wiped her brow. “My God, he’s such a helicopter parent.” 

She yawned slightly as she crawled into bed. It was about 10:30 Japan standard time—the perfect time for bed, if she could actually sleep. She sighed as she propped herself up, tears trickling down her cheeks before she slapped her hands against them. Snap out of it, Makoto. Think about it now and you’ll have the dream again for sure. She really didn’t think giving herself an inward pep talk was going to help, but she would try anything at this point. She had been living with Klein for about a year now after being bounced from home to home since she was about 7 years old. She sighed as she covered herself up and drifted to sleep.

***

No, don’t! I want to help!” Hands wrapped around a small girl’s frame, picking her up and carrying her away from a small boy. Pounding could be heard from somewhere in the distance. The child was carried into a dark room. 

Stay there Makoto,” a woman’s voice rang out as she shut the door. The child’s eyes became red and puffy from tears as they stained her cheeks. A slam was heard followed by a blood curdling scream...then silence.

***

N..no... no... no ...no! Makoto bolted up screaming as the door to her room flew open. Klein ran in and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her as her eyes suddenly changed...to a brilliant blue. 

Makoto, snap out of it, it’s me Klein!” He shook her again until finally a huge gasp escaped her lips and she collapsed into his arms in tears. After about 10 minutes or so she finally released him, looking him dead in the eye. Her voice was low as she spoke. 

You saw it, didn’t you?” 

To be honest he wasn’t sure what he had seen. Looking now, her eyes were their regular gray colour. Had he imagined it? She lifted her knees to her face, backing away from him a little. “Klein, its time I told you the truth. You know my name is Makoto Oshiro, but there is another reason I decided to live with you that day. It was kind of inwardly...selfish. I did it in order to find my younger brother...Kai.”

***

 

A Look Into the Past May Answer Questions of Today

1