Reminiscing
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two Yun Tian hated the most in the Yun clan were his grandfather, the clan leader he had previously looked up to, and his uncle, who had appeared kind and appreciative of him. His early images of them completely faded over time though. 

When he failed to break through into the dantian building they had dropped their kind facades. He excused this as himself being incompetent though and held no huge grudge against them.

A grudge was soon born though. They had tried to kill him along with forsaking his parents after their deaths.

But, he had already killed them, so he no longer had any major grievances with the rest of the Yun clan.

Still, these Elders and the rest of the clan had completely shunned him once he lost his ability to cultivate. Thus, while he did not want to kill them, he held no remorse in taking the rest of the Yun clan’s skill manuals and making them miserable.

He just said, “Let’s go Shen Yu, Bolin, Jin, Qing, Zan, and Zhi” and proceeded to ignore the Elders as he walked past the destroyed gate into the Yun clan. The wolves growled menacingly as they walked past, while Shen Yu shot those of the Yun clan hateful glances.

Shen Yu was cute and beautiful, while also not being especially imposing or tall, but when they felt her glare the Elders felt as if they had already been pronounced dead from the iciness and killing intent she exuded.

In response, the Elders could only lower their heads and tremble. Yun Tian’s group was stronger so the Elders could only do their best to survive. Suffering in silence meant nothing as long as they could survive.

After he walked into the clan grounds, Yun Tian called out to the Yun clan members in the surroundings, “No one is to disturb us.”

Besides taking some things, he planned on reminiscing a little on the past first with Shen Yu and he didn’t want to be disturbed.

So, he said to Shen Yu, “How about we take some time to remember the past?”

Shen Yu nodded and held his hand in response.

The wolves could read the mood and did not bother them, besides following behind them.

Yun Tian and Shen Yu had walked around the clan many times with their parents. The sights they saw rekindled these memories within them.

They talked about their memories and the scenes played out within their minds as they discussed them happily and downtrodden at the same time. They both ended up on the verge of tears while they slowly walked toward the courtyard where they had spent most of their lives.

When they got to the front of it and looked inside, they were at least relieved to see that nothing had changed about it and it appeared exactly the same as when they left it. They walked inside and Yun Tian told the wolves, “This is where me and Shen Yu grew up. We lived here with our parents.”

He spotted the wooden training swords they would use to spar and picked up the one he would always use. He reminisced and continued talking to the wolves while Shen Yu stayed close to him.

“My parents sparred with me and helped me train to grow stronger even when I showed no hope for the future. They believed in me. This is the practice sword my father carved especially for me.”

After that, he was about to put away his sword in his spatial bag to keep it when Shen Yu stopped him and asked, “Can you put away mine too?”

She still could not use a spatial bag, so she had to ask Yun Tian to help her out.

Healing what she said, Yun Tian instead put his sword back in the rack that was holding the four wooden swords each member of their family used and then stored away the whole rack.

Shen Yu watched on with teary eyes and said while choking up a little, “Good idea.”

This would be a memento of their parents for them. The two of them sat on the ground reminiscing the past. Seeing as they wanted to stay here for a while, the wolves came and silently laid around them. This brought some warmth to their sad hearts and comforted the two of them.

They did not even go inside the house inside the courtyard and just stayed outside the entire time. They stayed there for hours. Shen Yu laid against Yun Tian and had fallen asleep. 

It was already nighttime, but Yun Tian had no plans on resting yet. He had reminisced happy memories and felt sad, but at the same time he had reignited his passion for revenge. And he wanted it soon. He did not want to delay any longer.

He looked at Bolin who lay next to them and said, “I’m leaving for a while. Stay here and look after Shen Yu.”

Bolin nodded and then inched closer motioning to his side. Yun Tian shook his head with a smile and slowly and gently slid Shen Yu from laying on him onto Bolin. Bolin wanted to be her pillow instead of the ground. Yun Tian lost his parents, but he was at least happy to still have Shen Yu and the family member, although they were wolves.

After that, Yun Tian silently slipped away and continued on silently towards the clan’s pavilion used to store skills. He got near the entrance and realized that even the people who would usually be guarding it were gone. The Elders had made sure that no one would disturb him.

He went inside and immediately went to the second floor from the first. The first floor contained all of the clan’s random books with basic knowledge like the language they spoke or even basic fighting techniques.

Stepping onto the second floor, he was not surprised or disappointed when he saw the four books since he had been here before. He knew these were the only low spirit grade skills stored here. He took them without a second glance and then continued onto the third floor.

2