Zhenmen In The Distance
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Tian continued his journey in renewed spirits as he looked at the wolf in his arms. He didn’t think that Bolin would make it before. By the time he had reached the carriage, Bolin’s condition had actually grown quite grave to the point to where the chances for him to survive for much longer were bleak, but that pill stabilized him somewhat once more and he thought the wolf should now be able to make it to the town.

As long as it wasn’t too far away that is. He wasn’t sure exactly how far away it was, but based on what he knew it shouldn’t be too far or at least it wouldn’t take him that long to travel to it with his great speed.

He continued at the fastest speed he could, leaving a path of destruction in his wake that would be easy for anyone to follow.

With each step he took, he was getting a better grasp of the Wolf’s lightning skill. He felt if he toned it down a little he could make it so he caused much less destruction on the path he traveled, but he didn’t pay any attention to this thought even after realizing it.

He didn’t care about anything at this moment except for going faster and doing his best to help Bolin. As for the destruction he caused to the path or whether something or someone would follow his tracks, he didn’t care about any of that.

In fact, it wasn’t only the destruction he was causing that he didn’t care about. He was also neglecting his own life somewhat. He was wasting a lot of qi as he travelled. It kept constantly pouring out of him. With the great amount he was outputting and his short time in this new level of both the skill and his cultivation realm it would take him some time to get used to everything and use less qi to achieve greater effects. He could go slower and get used to it so as to not waste so much qi, but why would he do that?

Right now he only needed to go as fast as possible, not slowly train his usage of qi and the skill. All else could be put off for later including recovering his qi. He didn’t care even if his dantian was almost empty by the time he reached the town. Bolin was the absolute priority.

However, this also meant that he could be in some danger when he reached the town with his low reserves of qi. It was evident that he would cause some commotion, but he was ready to take whatever risks he had to to save Bolin.

His thoughts while inspecting his usage of his qi were even, ‘Who cares if I am in danger, this is what I cultivate for after all. I will protect my loved ones even if I die in the process.’

His demonic core was expending demonic qi to heal and enhance his body, but it was still nowhere near the amount of qi his dantian was expending. So, he would at least be able to use his demonic qi to enhance his body in battle even if his dantian was low on reserves.

Luckily though, his dantian didn’t run out of qi as it didn’t take long before he saw something in the distance. As he looked at the sun in the sky, he estimated only three hours had passed. He had taken only three hours whereas they would have taken days of travel if he went with the wolves.

He felt excited, especially as he saw Zhenmen town in the distance. The town was big, extremely big. In fact, he felt it should be called Zhenmen city not Zhenmen town. It was completely incomparable to the previous towns he had been to.

The walls were extremely large, at least several zhang tall and they surrounded the whole town as it stretched out into the distance.

Inside the walls were many very large and tall buildings. While they couldn’t be compared to a skyscraper back on earth, he saw some that were around five stories tall. However their height wasn’t the important factor, it was the sheer number of them. There were thousands of them, but he didn’t have the time nor care to count how many there were exactly. 

There were some smaller buildings, but there were also many extremely huge buildings and he even saw some areas walled off that probably belonged to a certain force or clan.

All this put together made it look extremely magnificent while also stunning him at the sheer size of the place. It was a gathering of many powerful forces and no one would want to only live in a small area so it was natural for the place to be huge.

It occupied an extremely large area as even the areas surrounding it were a large grassland with no trees. On this grassland there were farms and many houses. This area spread out to an even larger area than the total area inside Zhenmen town’s walls. While the farms and other buildings outside the walls were not more magnificent than the buildings within the walls, there were much, much more of them. It seemed there were even more people outside the walls than within them.

As he saw the whole thing, he thought, ‘Back on Earth nothing this big could be called a town. It seems the standards here are different.’

The size of the place brought awe upon him, even when he had seen cities back on Earth. 

Besides the buildings, the roads inside the town were large enough to contain at least six carriages widths and he saw many moving throughout it with the others either on mounts or on foot.

He could see all this as the path went over a large hill that overlooked the town. The hill was still a good distance away and allowed him to get such a clear look. If he was any closer than it would have been hard to see everything so clearly and he also would have noticed the town with his other senses before he saw it.

1