Ch2 – Maria
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a Modern-looking train station there was a girl, a girl with an emotionless expression on her beautiful face, she was wearing a light blue pair of loose-fitting pants and shirt, pajamas, presumably.

She looked around the empty station and realized that she was the only person there.

The station was well lit and clean, it only had two things that stand out, a wooden bench on the middle and the door that had a strange symbol engraved on it.

The train wasn't there yet and the door from which she thought she came from was locked.

"Hm." She was a little afraid to be alone in a unfamiliar place.

She knew what train stations were, she had traveled by train in the demon continent, but the stations there were not as clean or modern as this one.

I'll just sit here and wait. She thought, as she sat on a bench at the middle of the station.

She stood there for about 10 minutes, in which nothing happened, neither train or people arrived.

I wonder if I'm stuck here. She thought, she had tried to open the only door in this station but it was sealed shut.

The bench were she was sitting and the rails were separated by a almost invisible wall, where she smashed her face, when she tried to see what was beyond the tunnel.

The only way out and in was through that door, and the place was silent.

She just stayed there hugging her knees, and waiting for something to happen, she wasn't afraid, not anymore, the bench had somehow made her feel comfortable.

After 40 minutes passed...

She remembered something important that was handed to her.

She searched for the box, but couldn't find it.

Where did i put it? She thought, as she lazily looked for the box in her pockets, her pants had some rather big pockets.

"Oh." She realized that she couldn't even remember holding it.

She didn't panic.

Maybe... i lost it? She thought.

Then she heard... Or... Remembered someone saying...

"... If you need it just extend one hand and think my name."

And so she did, as a result, a box the size of her head appeared above her extended right hand.

The box was a little different from what she remembered.

The first time she saw the box, it was a simple and small black box, with a matte finish, like the ones where you keep a wedding ring.

It was now, much bigger and had a glossy surface with a red stripe around it.

The girl tried to lift the box that could now be called a small chest, and much to her surprise, the box was very light, as light as two big apples.

She opened the box, inside was a small piece of paper, with something written on it.

I see.

It seemed to be a rundown of rules and some instructions.

 "??" She felt something softly landing on her head.

I'll read it later. She thought, as she closed the box and shifted her attention to the thing in her head.

She Swiftly moved her hands to try and grab it, but the thing quickly jumped up and avoided her hands, then landed on her head again.

"Hm."

She slowly moved her right hand to the back of her head and her left in front of her face.

While slowly moving her right hand to touch the thing from the back, she used her left to deceive it.

Got you. She thought, when she touched something very fluffy and round.

"Hn!" The thing made a cute high pitched sound, as it descended from her head to the floor, landing elegantly.

"Don't just suddenly touch people like that, humph." The thing said, pouting.

It was a fox, a White fox, its fur looked really healthy and fluffy, it was quite small, about 30 centimeters long.

A pup?

It had a bushy tail, with a single black stripe around it, cyan blue eyes that seemed to glow and small paddy looking paws.

"No, I'm a grown woman."

She... Read my mind.

"No i didn't, i just have very good instincts."  She boasted, puffing her chest.

So, who are you?

"..." 

I known you can hear me.

Hellooo?

Hm, maybe she can't hear me. The girl thought.

"Would you mind telling me... who you are? and... Where am i?" The girl asked, speaking softly.

The fox answered immediately. "I go by the name of Maria, a proud member of the High spirits. From now on, i shall be your spirit guide. I will be the one who will guide you in this journey, ask me anything, and i will tell you." The fox said, loudly, and she was... grinning.

Cute.

"Spirit guide?"

"Yeah-uhum..." She cleared her throat, then continued. "Yes, The path to mother is sometimes tricky, so you'll need a guide, a spirit guide. And there is no better guide than a white fox spirit."

"I see."

She had read that, to heal her soul, she had to meet "Mother", someone who can help her.

"!!!!??" Both the Girl and Fox's attention quickly shifted to the rails, they could hear the sound of a VERY, VERY loud horn that resounded throughout the station.

A train horn?

The trails shone blue, and as the girl was looking curiously at the station, the fox seemed to be more interested in the box the girl was holding.

"Hey, amm..."

"Oh, right, my name is-" the girl tried to tell the fox her name, but the fox quickly rebuked her.

"Didn't you read the rules?" She shouted, she was angry. "You want to stay here forever?" She continued.

After seeing the confused look on the girl, she asked.

"Read the first rule..." The fox said, softly.

"Do never under any circumstances reveal your name to an inhabitant of the spirit realm." And below that... "If you do, your soul will be bound to this realm, and you won't be able to see your parents again."

Oh shoots.

The girl went pale, she was so close to commiting the worst mistake.

"Thank you for that, why didn't The World tell me this beforehand?" She asked to no one in particular, after she sighed in relief.

"You were sent here by The World?" The fox was so surprised that, her jaw practically hit the floor.

"Yes.."

"Right, Right, that explains the black box and this VIP treatment."

"Huh?"

"I'll explain everything later, anyway, were you alive when you met The World?"

"Hum" The girl nodded.

"That's why. You can't talk about specifics of the spirit realm to the living, that's very dangerous."

"Oh, i get it."

"Now, read the rules, and don't worry too much, I'll always be here with you, nothing bad will happen."

"Ok."

"Now quickly, open the box, the train is coming, we don't want attention."

"Um, ok." As soon as the girl opened the box, the fox transformed into a white gas and was sucked into the box.

"Can you hear me?" A voice asked, inside the girl's head.

"Yes, i can." She answered in her mind too, as a test.

"Good."

Wait... Could she hear my thoughts from the beginning?

Hey! 

She didn't answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi, don't shout like that."

"I didn't... Sorry"

"Hehe, just kidding, you can't raise your voice using telepathy.""

Hmmm" she could still transmit emotions.

"Ok, ok, sorry."

"So, you read my thoughts from the begining, huh?"

"Nah, like I said, good instincts, besides,  telepathy transmits intended messages, not your thoughts."

"Hm."

"Trust me, I'm a white fox, not a red one, besides I'm your guide."

"Ok. I'll trust you."

"Good, now, read the rules, while i slee-aham while I keep watch."

The girl read some rules, some she immediately forgot, but she didn't worry, like the Maria said, she would help her.

"Hey, Maria, what is the sixth rule?"

"..."

"Maria?"

"..."

"MARIA!!!" The girl called, loudly, not using telepathy.

"I'm here, what happened?"

"Somebody stole my box."

"What? How? When? Where the did the thief go?" Maria said, apparently panicking.

"Hahaha" the girl laughed.

"What are you laughing at? This is serious."

Then the fox realized, there was no one in this station, there was no way of getting in or out and more importantly they were still talking to each other.

"Hmmmm." Maria seemed angry, but she was faking it.

 She was worried for the girl, she didn't show any emotions since they met, she seemed distant and the little fox felt bad for getting angry at her earlier.

"So you can hear me talking too?" The girl asked.

"Of course, even if you store the box, by the way, just think 'store' while the box is closed to store it."

"Oh,ok, do you know the sixth rule?"

"Of course I know, i wrote it"

"You did?" The girl thought that it was written by The World.

"Yep."

"Oh, ok." The fox would warn her, but she still read all the rules.

The rails stopped shining, and a train familiar acute sound of a train stopping, she stored the box with the paper.

"Wow, where did it go?"

"Somewhere... No one knows."

"Hm, ok."

She stood up and got close to the invisible wall.

"!!!" from beyond the wall, there was a very beautiful train, she could see three carriages, they all had different colors and had what seemed to be doors, weird door, they didn't have a handle.

Maybe someone opens the door? She thought.

"Get closer." Said Maria, the fox.

"Ok."

She took a couple steps and was surprised to find that the wall was no longer there.

She took a couple more steps until she was 2 meters from the door of the middle carriage, a purple one.

The door opened slowly as if welcoming her, she tried to get in but she was stopped by a... Kid?

"Please wait a minute, miss." He said, standing in the middle of the opened door.

The little boy seemed to be 13 years old, was short, had blue eyes but, without pupils and had short hair.

Weird.

He was wearing a sleeveless black suit, with a red tie, the sleeves appeared to have been ripped off.

"Ticket please." He requested, smiling innocently and extending his hand.

Amm.

"It's in the box, just think 'Ticket' and it will show up."

"In the box? I only saw that piece of paper there."

"Relax, things show up if you need them."

"Ok."

Ticket.

A long half silver and half golden ticket appeared on her hand.

"Here." She said, handing the ticket.

"Oh, Mother, huh?" He said, smiling gently.

"Amm, yeah." The girl stammered, something about the boy made her feel like the kid here.

"Everything's good." He said, returning the ticket. "We'll depart in 5 minutes, please get in." He said, smiling, then he disappeared.

"Mm?"

"Hahaha, he teleported, look at your face, you look like you've seen a ghost... Wait... We are all ghosts, hahahahahaaa."

"Old jokes for an old lady."

"Hey, i said young lady, not an old hag, anyway, let's get in."

"Right."

The girl went inside the train carriage, inside she found a variety of races, some chatting, some quietly reading books, others playing table games and some were just daydreaming.

Wow.

She wasn't surprised with the diversity, she grew in the demon continent after all, she was surprised with how calm the atmosphere was.

When this many races get together, there's always a fight, a lot of noise and people breaking things.

"Look at your ticket, check the seat number." Said Maria.

She looked at the silver half of the ticket.

"C100-S20B."

"Ok, then let's gooo."

After 1 minute of searching, she found her seat, B section, the right part of the carriage, seat 20.

The seat number was written behind the actual seat head.

Each side of the carriage had 3 seats, all looked very comfortable, she took her seat, the outer right one, by the window, alone, there weren't any passengers sitting in the other seats.

"How long will this journey take?" She asked Maria.

"I don't know, we first need to get rid of the darkness ."

"hm?"

"Look beneath your shirt."

She lifted her shirt up a little, and... Darkness came flowing out of her into the seat close to hers, causing it to decay and become as deteriorated as a seat from a very old abandoned car.

"What..." She opened her eyes wide, her heart began racing, she could feel cold sweat pouring out of her forehead, she reflexively lifted her hands, to not touch that dark substance that was oozing out of her, she began to hyperventilate, even though her body didn't need to breathe.

*Huf* .*huf* .*Huf*.

"Calm down, calm down, it's okay nothing will happen if it touches you." The fox said softly, after she got out of the box.

Slowly her breathing began to return to normal.

"Thank you, thank you... what happened?."

"You panicked, remember this, you're not alive, you don't need to breathe, eat or sleep."

"But i am br..."

"Yes, you are, but that's unnecessary, if you want you can just stop it, there are stores that sell food and people who eat it, but that's just for the pleasure, you are a spiritual being now, you breathe spirit energy, but that's only if you want to."

"I see, isn't that dangerous?" The girl asked, looking at the state of the seat.

"It's just corrosive to objects, nothing much." Maria said, lifting one paw.

The chair returned to it's original state.

"Magic?"

"Yep."

"Oh, ok, where are we going now?"

"Well, our first stop is... Hysen."

"!!!" The horn sounded, this time it was a little muffled.

"Please fasten your seatbelts, we are now departing to Hysen." Said a calming voice, the voice was coming from a speaker on the ceiling.

The train started to move, and was slowly getting faster.

Destination: Hysen.

Hello! It's me! The author!

What do you think about this chapter? Nothing? well, nothing really special happened, so i guess it makes sense.

"The girl will get a name... Eventually."

-The World

Let me know if you're interested in more chapters.

1