Chapter 10: Trapped
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rearing its head back and roaring, it scattered the Wolves around it. It towered over them, its height nearly reaching the tops of the trees. Its fur was pure white, and its eyes were glowing sapphire blue. Its talons were long and sharp like daggers, its torso large and chiseled, its legs thick and firm… It stood on its hinds and roared into the air. Its piercing scream forced the group on the ground, covering their ears.

“What the fuck is that?!” Ivan yelled.

“Scatter! Now!” Dall gasped and called out to the others.

The Bear got on all fours and made a mad dash forward, head-first for Dall and Elran.

The two of them jumped out of the way, but the water-user wasn’t too lucky, and he was cut in half by its claws.

The bear turned on its hinds like a bull, and stayed in the circle.

Dall took out his greatsword and stood in front of it.

The Bear charged forward quickly. Elran knelt down, mumbled, and the ground shook and seemingly waves of earth rushed towards it. The Bear stumbled over them, knocking it off balance. James took his sword and tried slashing at it, but his sword broke and shattered into pieces. Ivan anxiously tried stabbing the overturned Bear with his knives to no avail. “H-How?!” He yelled.

“We have to run!” Dall yelled at everyone around him. Dall sprinted for the Forest, going towards a different place than where he showed Elran. Avice followed after Dall, Veral right on her trail. Elran and his soldiers ran in the opposite direction.

Avice, Dall and Veral ran through the forest. Shit, shit, shit! Avice yelled in her head. “W-Where are we going, Dall?!”

“Anywhere but here!”

“Let’s get out of the Forest then!” Veral yelled.

Dall started to lead them away when a bright blue transparent wall descended from the sky and landed in front of them. The ground rumbled and shook violently as it touched down. “T-That’s the way out…” Dall mumbled.

They paced and walked alongside the wall, finally noticing something.

“Is it… trapping us in the Forest?” Avice asked, frowning.

A terrifying howl shook her core and a menacingly tall figure emerged from beyond the wall. It stepped forward, and every inch it got closer, it felt like their very souls were being pushed down - like depression was taking over them. They all ran in the opposite direction.

It felt like an eternity before the three of them finally found a safe place to stop.

Avice collapsed to the ground and struggled to catch her breath. “W-W-What’s going on…?” She asked.

“Damn it!” Dall growled as he punched at a nearby tree.

“What is it?” Veral said, kneeling down, his breath short.

“My Father told me about it….”

“What…?” Veral said under his breath.

“I… I can’t remember well, but I think it’s like a barrier or something…? Something about the Forest feeling… ‘threatened’?.”

“What the fuck does that mean?” Veral snarled.

“I don’t know!” Dall threw his hands up. He sat down on the ground and tapped his foot impatiently. “We’re… All I know is that we’re trapped until we reach the Forest’s center.”

“Can we just… can we just chill out, real quick?!” Avice said as she leaned back. “I can’t… I can’t breathe.”

“F-Fine… Let’s rest for a while.” Dall said.

Veral sat down. The three of them sat in a circle.

Avice tried breathing in and out slowly, but her head grew fuzzy and she leaned against a tree. “Thanks…”

0