Chapter 2: FatherOfTheDivine
413 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the hell Han Jingyi...I already cried for you what makes you think you can just start getting better all of a sudden?!” Xia Qianfan murmured.

Han Jingyi’s breathing had suddenly stabilized and his wounds were actually being healed by the efforts of the other cultivators. He was seriously about to die for the past 5 hours. Wang Zhixin and Zhao Yingjie were lucky that some other cultivators from their sect were in the area and could feel strong energy from Han Jingyi’s attacks and fleeting spiritual energy.

Wang Zhixin and Zhao Yingjie only started crying more when they heard that he was getting better and Xia Qianfan flipped his head around and glared at them furiously.

“He’s gonna live so stop crying already! You’re gonna have to take responsibility and take care of him while he’s healing so man up!”

The two teens quickly rushed to dry their tears and tried to keep themselves from crying again.

Han Jingyi didn’t awaken for a couple of days but his condition stabilized. And the chaos that had been going on within the walls of the sect calmed down. There was a lot of panic in the She Wan Sect when Han Jingyi was dying. Not only because they were losing a beloved member but also because Han Jingyi was a very important part of the cultivation world. His immense natural talent and power completely changed the status of She Wan and completely changed the way all of the sects worked. She Wan sect would be in a dangerous position if he died because he’s their strongest.

When Han Jingyi awoke he was immediately greeted by his disciples holding back tears and Xia Qianfan who immediately began scolding him for being rash and not thinking before letting himself get injured like that. He wasn’t listening at all though. He was looking at the air in front of him, shocked and confused.

[Message from FatherOfTheDivine: WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY STORY?]

The blue message in front of him looked like a hologram. It didn’t come from a specific source and it seemed like no one else could read it. Another message quickly appeared in front of him after he processed what the first message said.

[Message from FatherOfTheDivine: WHY ARE YOU NOT DEAD?]

Han Jingyi couldn’t help but smirk as he read the message, he was quite pleased with the development. He didn’t want to die, and he especially didn’t want to die without falling in love so the fact that he got an actual chance to defy the story and to do things how he wanted made him very happy.

“Didn’t I tell you? I refuse to die without a husband.”

Xia Qianfan and the two disciples looked completely baffled after hearing Han Jingyi’s sudden words. Zhixin and Yingjie turned red and became embarrassed as they heard this and Qianfan just felt confused and a bit flustered.

“I… didn’t need to find that out right after you almost died,” Qianfan murmured and looked at him awkwardly.

“Hmm?” Han Jingyi almost told him, ‘I wasn’t talking to you’ before he caught himself and realized how crazy that would sound. He just chuckled a little and smiled, patting the heads of his two disciples.

“Good luck with your goal I guess...Your wounds are very bad so don’t try and get on that too quickly.” Xia Qianfan murmured, cringing as he saw how his words could be taken the wrong way.

Jingyi chuckled and just turned to his students.

“Shizun! I’m so sorry! You got injured because of me!” Yingjie said and bowed his head to the ground immediately as Qianfan left, letting his tears run down his cheeks.

“Hmm…? It’s fine, I can’t have any of my disciples getting hurt.” Han Jingyi murmured. He turned from Yingjie to Zhixin and sighed.

‘It’s a shame they had to become enemies in the original book… They’ve been such good friends this whole time.’

“B-But Shizun...Your injury is very serious and—“

“It’s fine, I was too powerful anyway. I can let people think they have a chance to defeat me now.” Han Jingyi said and smirked, his smirk was wiped away when he tried to sit up and felt a burning pain in his chest.

“Please don’t try and sit up, Shizun!” Wang Zhixin exclaimed as he saw Han Jingyi’s pained look.

“I-I’ll get you some pain medicine!” Zhao Yingjie said and ran off, he felt guilty and didn’t want to cry in front of Han Jingyi anymore, he had already done it enough.

“Ah… A healing spring would be nice right now…” Han Jingyi murmured looking at Wang Zhixin. In the novel, Wang Zhixin’s base had a healing spring that was capable of healing demons. It probably wouldn’t work on him because he wasn’t a demon but he almost wished it would, the pain from his chest was excruciating.

“I’ll work to learn a healing technique, Shizun.” Wang Zhixin immediately exclaimed and bowed his head.

Han Jingyi wanted to tell him that it would be a bit out of character for him to learn healing techniques as someone who would be a master of demonic arts but he decided to keep his mouth shut. He didn’t plan on being the reason why Wang Zhixin became evil but he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to stop it from happening. He was already definitely going above and beyond by just refusing to die so he wasn’t sure how much more he could encroach on the plot.

Throughout the next week, Han Jingyi finally managed to stand up without wanting to throw up from the pain. His injury wasn’t one that he was meant to survive so no one knew how to help him with the pain weakness he felt. He was more comfortable now that he could stand, he still needed some assistance to walk but not being confined to one place felt much better than staying in his room all day.

He had only gotten one message from the author since then, it was just the word “Fine”.

Han Jingyi was helped by Zhixin and Yingjie to walk to Xia Qianfan’s room. He told them to stay outside before he walked inside with a smile.

“Shixiong? You called for me? I hope it was important, it still hurts to wal—“

Han Jingyi almost cursed as he was pressed to the door of Xia Qianfan’s bedroom suddenly. It actually hurt quite a bit. Xia Qianfan’s hand was right beside his head and Jingyi was taken aback by the action.

“Kabedon…” Han Jingyi murmured with wide eyes, he was a little flustered by the action. It was something he’d only seen in his past life in novels and manga.

Xia Qianfan didn’t react to his words and that made Han Jingyi realize the position he was in.

“Marry m—“

“No way!” Han Jingyi cut off Xia Qianfan with no hesitation and pushed Qianfan away. Almost immediately afterward a message appeared.

[Message from FatherOfTheDivine: WHY THE HELL NOT???]

25