Chapter 3: A Direction [6/24 ver]
390 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m not gonna be in a relationship with someone who is like a brother to me! Plus Qianfan has Wu Huiyin in volume 3! Did you forget your own story?!” Han Jingyi whispered to the author.

He could tell that the author was sick of him already. The author was definitely planning on getting him to be with Qianfan to just get it over with and kill him off. Unluckily for this author, the current Han Jingyi was a HARDCORE WU HUIYIN SUPERFAN.

Wu Huiyin was a strong rebellious woman who led a bandit crew that played a big part in Volume 3’s ‘inner conflict’ arc. She was beautiful and very feminine for a character with her kind of personality and role and yet she still managed to defeat Xia Qianfan and completely wrap him around her finger afterward. She was Han Jingyi’s favorite female character and even after being transmigrated and knowing his little sister personally, he still liked Wu Huiyin the most.

[Message from FatherOfTheDivine: I’ll just erase Wu Huiyin from the book, just take what you can get!]

“I will kill you.” Han Jingyi was completely serious as he glared at the message.

Xia Qianfan hadn’t reacted to any of his words for a while so Han Jingyi was a little confused, ‘Did I break him..?’ Then Xia Qianfan shook his head and blinked a few times as he noticed Han Jingyi.

“Why are you here?” Xia Qianfan asked, clearly very confused.
“You told me to come here…” Han Jingyi murmured.

“What…? When did I…?” Xia Qianfan murmured, he couldn’t recall any of this happening.

“Just go back to resting…” He said and waved Han Jingyi off as he kneaded his forehead, trying to figure out what had happened.

‘Did you give up…?’ Han Jingyi wondered glancing at Xia Qianfan as he left the room. The author had been quiet, maybe they erased what they wrote about Xia Qianfan?

Wang Zhixin and Zhao Yingjie were waiting outside. They had expected him to take longer so they were about to sit down on a nearby bench.

“Hmm…” Han Jingyi hummed a little and stretched his arms a little, it still hurt to move but he could bear it.

“Let’s start with missions and training again soon.” Han Jingyi said and smiled at his two disciples.

“...But Shizun…” Yingjie and Zhixin both said with nervous looks.

Han Jingyi didn’t listen to them though and started walking off to his room without bothering to get them to help him walk.

“I wasn’t asking if we should, I was just telling you what we’re going to do.” Han Jingyi laughed.

The two disciples quickly apologized for questioning him.

Something about making the author angry had brought Han Jingyi happiness and so he’d decided to rewrite the story the way he wanted. He was adamant about not dying but since he wasn’t going to die a lot of characters would have to suffer for a lot longer because they wouldn’t be saved by Zhao Yingjie or Wang Zhixin. Most of these characters were girls who would join their harems or other people who would be their subordinates.

He couldn’t do much about the demons on Wang Zhixin’s side and he had already saved his sister from pain by not dying so focusing on Zhao Yingjie’s people was the best idea. He had no intention of helping them add members to their harems though. They could do that themselves. He wasn’t really fond of Harems as a genre or anything. He mostly wanted to save them because he felt bad and because new disciples who were as strong as the members of the harems would be helpful for the sect.

"Ah...I have to ask the Sect leader..." Han Jingyi's face pruned up a bit, could he hide the condition of his body some way so that the sect leader wouldn't get suspicious? He thought about it for a while and then sighed.

"I'm going to rest for today. Tomorrow we will go to the Sect leader and tell him that we will begin going on missions again." He said and waved his hand, motioning to Zhao Yingjie and Wang Zhixin to leave him be as he arrived at his room.

"Rest well Shizun." The two said in unison as Han Jingyi enter his room.
--
Han Jingyi had gone to sleep early, he felt so tired so he figured that the extra hours of sleep would make him feel better. No one was asking much from him because of his injuries so he doubted that anyone would come looking for him.

He had rarely dreamed of anything before but now that he remembered his past life he dreamed of it a lot. He didn't know if these dreams could be considered good dreams but they weren't bad dreams per se. He felt a little empty when he thought about how that life ended but he couldn't really feel too sad. Compared to that life, life as Han Jingyi was much more...fulfilling? Happy? He wasn't quite sure but it was definitely better.

He slept peacefully but the pain in his body made it hard to stay asleep. He didn't want to open his eyes, he wanted to try and continue to stay asleep but the pain was relentless. He vaguely remembered that Zhao Yingjie was on patrol in the area around his bedroom today and he opened his mouth. The words almost refused to come out.

"A...A-Jie..." His voice was barely above a whisper, he felt like he was running out of air and couldn't repeat himself though.

'...Whatever...Just bear it...'

"Shizun! Are you Oka-- What are you doing to Shizun?!"

Hearing Zhao Yingjie's voice was already surprising enough but hearing what he had to say was even more surprising. Who was he talking to?

Han Jingyi opened his eyes and immediately noticed the dark aura of negative energy covering his body. It wasn't super strong but it was definitely hurting him.

'This was where the pain is coming from?' Han Jingyi thought and struggled to turn his body to face the sound of clashing metal in the room. Zhao Yingjie was fighting against a cloaked figure, he seemed to be doing badly until he glanced at Han Jingyi's expression and suddenly seemed to be full of energy and started actively fighting back.

That's when the cloaked figure seemed to realize they might lose and opted to jump out of a window and escape. Zhao Yingjie planned to go after them but he saw Han Jingyi's current state and decided against it.

"Shizun! Are you alright?!" He exclaimed and used a purifying technique on Han Jingyi's body.

Jingyi wanted to assure the worried boy that he was alright but he was anything but. He was sure this was the Author's doing. The Sect's security wasn't so frail that someone like that could sneak in.

"What's going on here?!" Xia Qianfan and other senior members of the sect quickly entered the room, their rooms were close by so they heard the ruckus caused by Yingjie's fight.

"An intruder came in and used demonic arts on Shizun." Yingjie quickly explained as some seniors went over to help Han Jingyi.

"Send people to search all around the area, find the intruder as soon as possible!" Xia Qianfan ordered some of the seniors. He was furious that the sect's perfect security had been breached.

"...I'll alert the sect leader." Xia Qianfan murmured, looking at Han Jingyi for a second before leaving.
--
Han Jingyi was doing much better by the time the sect leader came. He tried to greet the sect leader properly but he stopped him.

"Don't push yourself." Sect leader Yao said and placed his hand on Han Jingyi's chest, checking his body.

"Your body's condition has gotten worse. You'll need to rest for a long time." He murmured and used his power to try to calm Han Jingyi's wounds some more.

"Ah!" Han Jingyi cried out and the sect leader quickly removed his hands.

"...Send someone to buy medicine from the LuoHua sect." Sect leader Yao said to Xia Qianfan who looked reluctant as he nodded.

"I...I'm fine Sect leader...You don't need to spend so much on me." Han Jingyi murmured, the LuoHua sect had the best medicine but they also had the highest prices, to the point where it was almost a rip-off. It actually was a rip-off when you realized that traveling doctors could make the same medicine for less.

The sect leader planned to respond but he was cut off by hurried footsteps and someone entering the room. It was Wang Zhixin.

"I don't think your disciples would forgive me if I let you die knowing that medicine could save you." The Sect leader murmured with a slight smile before standing up. Han Jingyi reached out and pinched Zhao Yingjie's cheek harshly when he saw that he was going to speak. He knew this cheeky boy would definitely say something like "That's right" in response to the sect leader so he quickly distracted him.

Wang Zhixin rushed over after greeting the sect leader and looked at Han Jingyi worriedly as he got on his knees worriedly.

The two disciples were talking to Han Jingyi, asking how he was doing but Han Jingyi wasn't listening, he was just thinking about the Author.

'If they planned this...Then why was the negative energy placed on me so weak?'

20