Vol. 1 Chapter 4: Justin’s Troubles
27 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out of all the places the new guy had to sit, it had to be right next to me. I felt really awkward sitting next to him in class, so I was happy when it was over. When I put my head down, I'm approached by a guy I find annoying.

"Can you tell me anything about the new guy?" he asked.

"Shut up, Justin." I said, looking up at the guy with too much hair.

"Hey, there's no need to be like that." said Justin, "I'm just curious."

"How would I know anything, anyways?" I added, "He just got into our class and we didn't talk."

"So, you're useless, then?" said Justin.

"I… will… hit… you." I responded.

"Ah, that's right!" he said, seeming nervous, "I got go… clean the toilets at work."

"Uh, we've still got… school." I said.

He had already run off. I let out a sigh.

"Hey, Mona?" a voice I don't find annoying said.

"Yes, Vera?" I responded.

"H-hurry up or we'll be late." she said.

"Oh, right!" I responded, "I'm sorry!"

I grabbed my stuff and hurried to my next class. Throughout the day, we saw more of Sheldon and he seemed really popular with the other girls. When they asked him where he was from, they wouldn't really answer him. Because all of these girls were in the way, Justin wasn't able to interview him like he wanted.

"God, I hate that guy." complained Matt when we were eating lunch in the cafeteria.

"What'd he do to you?" I said.

"He's surrounded by all those women," he said, "how could I not be jealous?"

"What are we?" asked Vera.

"You two don't count." said Matt, "I only hang out with you two because my best friend happens to be Mona's brother."

"Do you not think of us as friends?" I asked.

"Oh, I didn't mean it like that!" exclaimed Matt.

"This. Freaking. Sucks." interrupted the annoying voice from this morning.

Justin was just standing in front of our table and then he fell face-first into its surface. There was a pretty loud noise and everybody turned to look. After realizing it was just Justin being Justin, they returned to what it was they were doing.

"You can't get an interview, can you?" said Matt.

"No… all those girls are in the way." complained Justin.

"You jealous?" asked Matt.

"No, I'm pissed." answered Justin.

"Are you giving up?" I asked.

"For now." said Justin, "I just have to wait for a good opportunity to approach him."

"But what if that never happens?" I asked.

"DAMMIT!" he says, falling face-first into the table again, "Please don't jinx it!"

Nobody even bothered to look that time. Everyone knew it was just Justin being Justin.

"Stop doing that." said Vera.

"Oh, are you worried about me?" asked Justin, looking at Vera.

"No, I'm worried about the table." responded Vera.

Then Justin slammed his face into the table again.

"I said stop that." complained Vera.

There was no response. A minute passed and there was still silence.

"Oh, crap!" said Matt, "He's not moving!"

"What is wrong with that guy…?" I muttered.

"A-anyway," said Matt, "I'm going to take him to the nurse."

"Yeah, you do that." I said.

I sat and watched as he took the reporter's unconscious body with him. Today certainly was a weird day. When school was finally over, we came to visit him in the nurse's office.

"You must have been worried about me if you came to visit." said Justin who was laying down in one of the beds in the room.

"No, I was just worried you'd end up breaking the bed." said Vera.

"Why do you have to say that kind of stuff to me?" complained Justin.

"But you're alright now, aren't you?" I said.

"My head hurts." he whined.

"Deal with it." I responded.

"I can't believe it." he said, "I can't get an interview and my head hurts. Can this day get any worse."

"Don't say stuff like that," said Matt, "it's tempting fate."

"Don't be ridiculous!" I responded, "This isn't some strange fiction. This is real life!"

Right after I said that, something crashed into the wall from outside and made a huge hole. I suddenly couldn't see anything due to my vision being covered by smoke.

"W-what's going on here!?" exclaimed Matt.

"I-I'm scared." said Vera.

"Guys?" I said, "Where are you?"

After a minute, the smoke finally cleared and in front of us was a huge purple spider. It was a bit taller than Matt, so we knew that something definitely wasn't right here.

"I might need to change my pants." said Matt.

3