Part 0: Prologue. The Countdown / The Endless War // Chapter 1: The First Core. / The Beginning.
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 0: Prologue. The Countdown / The Endless War // Chapter 1: The First Core. / The Beginning.

Evan flipped a switch.

A machine started to count down, and he ran into place.

On his right was his wife, beautiful as she had always been, regardless of how much time passed.

She threw something from her pocket onto a table a second before the machine activated, in a hurry. It was a clear purple stone.

[3…]

[2….]

[1…….]

[Detected user: Evan. Directing installation to first user]

[installing omnipotence]

[80%]

[95%]

[Installation complete.]

[Executing program: Omnipotence.]

[Activating omnipotence.]

[Installing omniscience.]

[Installation complete.]

[Executing program: Omniscience.]

[User interference detected.]

[Omniscience program has been put into mode: hibernation.]

[Completed tasks: (1/2)]

[Detected user: invalid user.]

[Installing omnipotence]

[Separate activation of cores required. Completing installation of first core.]

[Generation core installation completed]

[Error: instability detected in second core. ]

[Error: golden core system not found.]

[Completed tasks: (2/2)]

[Powering down. Goodbye, Re-. I hope...to seee….you agaaannnnnn…..]

The machine finished its final task, just before an explosion destroyed the room.


It had been going on for nearly all of time. The Endless war. It contained all manner of creatures, and they all fought, on a planet, in space, anywhere. There were safe zones, for obvious reasons. However, our earth was not inside of such a zone. And yet, somehow, it had gone unnoticed. It was untouched by the war that had been ravaging the universe, completely unaware. We lived in peace, for the most part, our world a happy place. But, a world destroyed is just another day in The Endless war. Earth was no different, and it happened to be in the middle of the war zone's path. Except, we had no idea it was even heading towards us. Or we wouldn't have, if not for a single person.

 

Part 1The beginningbefore the blast.

Chapter 1: The First Core. / The Beginning.

There appeared a person one day, a young boy. This boy brought extreme advancements in almost every scientific field, equivalent to virtually centuries of progress. He had formed his own government, and took over the world. There had been no violence, neither had there been any protest. The boy had proven himself to have dedicated all his efforts to further progress our technology, and improve anything he could. When asked why he worked so passionately, he said something nobody expected.

“To save everyone.” He replied.


"Ugh. Finally, I'm done. God, the smell of chemicals is starting to make me woozy. I mean, when I look at this it feels-Holy shit. I'm not woozy. I succeeded. I did it! Computer, open logs!" A voice cried, holding two vials.

He took liquid from two containers and stored them in the vials, shoving them into his pocket.

"Error. Access expired. Please state your name and password." The computer beeped.

"Huh... I should fix that... Whatever. Computer, open account: Evan. The password is Lime06...Stupid computer." Evan said, sighing.

"Login successful. Welcome back, Evan." The computer said.

"Fine, open logs," Evan said, slightly annoyed.

"Logs open. What do you wish to record?" The computer asked.

"Substances 100,000 and 100,001 are showing interesting properties. Further study to be done after log recording. And for the love of god, remind me to make you an AI! I can't stand these crappy low tech computers." Evan grumbled.

The computer beeped in acknowledgment.

"Ugh. Whatever. It's time to actually take a good look at these things. I wonder what it's going to be this time. It feels special...When did I think of this project, again? Ah, whatever...But still, exotic matter, huh? I have to say, I never thought it would work. Yet in the last few years, I've made some pretty incredible things. Impossible substances, matter that doesn't exist, yet is still there, matter with negative mass, matter that disobeys physics, liquid light, solid light, and now these two. One of them seems to bend reality. The other seems-!" Evan rambled, actually taking a good look at the other liquid. It had a weird aura and seemed to flow into him.

"This is...I know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know why, and I don't know how I know. But I know that I need to put these two substances together." Evan hurried, dumping the reality-altering liquid into the odd, shiny purplish-blue liquid.

Once the two had combined into a translucent light blue liquid, the new liquid became a gas that seemed to rush into Evan almost instantly, knocking him to the floor.

"GAH! What the-What...I'm surging with power, what is this? It feels like..." Evan wondered, amazed.

A faint voice whispered into his ear.

"Yeah! Like...Wait, who said tha-" Evan started, passing out.


"What the heck happened?" Evan asked, waking up. It felt like there was a new part of himself somehow. A new sense.

"What is thi-" Evan flinched, accidentally smashing a lightbulb with an odd, invisible substance that he seemed to be able to control.

"This..." Evan muttered. He felt something inside of himself.

No, inside isn't exactly correct... More like a new part of reality attached itself to him, he thought.

There was a golden gemstone in the center of this new aura. On the inside, it looked like an infinity symbol had been engraved into it and it glowed with holy light.

A second gem seemed to have formed as well, but it was much smaller than the golden one next to it.

"Wh-What! ACK!" Evan shouted.

The golden gemstone seemed to be releasing a near unlimited amount of the substance he had just absorbed, but it wasn't tangible like it had been before. It seemed.....Complete. It began to rush into the other gemstone, which started to grow until it was the same size as the other stone. It was green and pink, and it reminded Evan of watermelon tourmaline.

"What the heck was that?! What is this?....No way," Evan said, astounded.

He realized he could control the substance as if it were another limb entirely. As he messed around with it, he discovered that it wasn't only capable of picking things up from a distance. It could do much more.

"Holy fu-Damn, that scared me. You can turn this thing into damn near anything, can't you? You can even make flames. It almost feels like magic....Yeah. That's a good way to put it, actually. Magic. No, Mana. This is Mana." Evan said.

It seemed to surge with power as if it were expressing its joy with its new name.

"Huh? You're...Happy? Wait, you're alive?!....I...I see." Evan said as Mana whispered into his ear.

"You have very little control?... And it's fading. Are you going to be able to help me any further than what you just said?" Evan asked.

Mana whispered into his ear, one final time, and then everything went silent.

"I...see...Gems...No, that doesn't sound good...Hm. Cores! I'll call them Cores. It seems to be sitting in the middle of my Mana, so that sounds a lot more fitting. But what does it mean by running the mana through the other Core?" Evan asked, passing mana from the golden core through the green and pink core instinctively.

As it went through, something seemed to take shape in Evans's hand, eventually solidifying.

"What? Ohhhhh! The Cores seem to have different abilities. So....The gold one only seems to produce a near unlimited amount of mana as far as I can tell, and the green-pink one can...create things out of mana? No, the mana seems to change when it gets passed through the cores. It's not the same anymore. I guess I should name them, then. To differentiate them." Evan said, thinking.

He grinned, the answer forming in his head almost immediately.

"Yeah, that sounds right. I'll call the one with the infinity symbol the infinity core. And I'll call the green-pink one a creation core. Plain, yet awesome sounding names." Evan said happily.

"But how exactly does this creation core work? I'm guessing I should just... Imagine what I want to make?... What should I try to make, then?" Evan wondered, looking around the room.

The first thing he noticed was everything still being a complete mess, and the second thing he noticed was a flashlight that he had left on.

"I guess a flashlight is good enough a test as any." Evan shrugged, activating the creation core.

As the object finished forming in his hands, Evan looked it over.

"A perfect replica. I guess you need a decently sharp image of whatever you want to make." Evan said, trying to turn on the flashlight.

It didn't work.

"What? Oh, it probably doesn't have any batteries." Evan laughed, unscrewing the bottom and confirming his assumption.

Rather than make some, he just got some batteries out of a drawer and put them in.

It still didn't work. Evan tried taking the batteries out and putting them back in. It still didn't work.

He frowned and took it apart.

"Ah. It doesn't have any of the components that connect the flashlight together properly. That explains it. Of course, it wouldn't work....What if..." Evan thought, drawing up some schematics for a flashlight in his head and activating his creation core. This time he also imagined batteries inside of it.

Evan felt the heavy steel flashlight fall into his hand, and he tried to turn it on. This time it worked perfectly.

"Woah!... I wonder what else I can do with this...?" Evan asked as he continued his tests tirelessly for the next few days.

1