Chapter 2: Artificial cores? / Phil!
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Artificial cores? / Phil!

 

Evan studied closely what the cores that were inside his body were actually made of, and how they worked. He drew up a sketch of the schematics for an artificial prototype core. He called it a gen 1 artificial core.

The only thing he could see it having a use for is allowing normal people to have control over mana.

As he almost finished building it, Phil walked into his office.

“Morning Evan,” said Phil, smiling and holding a cup of joe

“Morning? Oh. Uh, right…. Wait, Phil.” Evan asked

“Mm. Yes?” Phil asked with a bright smile.

“I thought I asked you not to bother me while I’m working. If I lose focus on some of my inventions, it could cause a huge accident.” Evan said, pulling a pair of safety goggles from his eyes to his forehead. He swiveled to face Phil.

“Oh! Right. Sorry, I just wanted to say good morning. I’ll leave the briefing from the meeting on the desk. Plans for the war are going well. What is that, by the way?” Asked Phil, pointing to the odd machine on Evan's desk, and the weird schematics that littered the floor.

“I discovered magic, so I’m studying it and experimenting with it. I’m looking at something I chose to call mana circuits.” Evan said, holding up a tool that zapped with electricity whenever he pressed its button.

“I see. Impressive, as always! I'll be off then.” Phil said, turning to leave.

He froze,

“WAIT, HOLD ON! DID YOU JUST SAY MAGIC?!” Yelled Phil, pivoting towards Evan almost instantly.

Evan unplugged his tools and took off his gloves.

He put a hand on his head.

“Well, I discovered it from a form of exotic matter, and it isn’t necessarily magic, but it seems to have the exact same qualities as it does in a lot of the manga and comics I read. Things like creating or moving stuff with your mind, setting things on fire, moving the earth, and such. So it’s close enough I guess.” Said Evan, nodding.

Evan pointed to a corner.

It had a test dummy that Evan used to test his new inventions on. It had been built to automatically repair itself. And, other than stuff that he could make, it was nearly indestructible.

Yet there it was, on the floor. Ripped to shreds and burnt, and it didn’t seem to be repairing itself.

“I know we call you a technological wizard, but I never expected you to take it seriously!” Yelled Phil.

Evan sighed.

“Oh, right," Evan said.

"Phil, could you get Kane and bring him here for me, please?” Evan asked.

“Sure thing.” Said Phil.

He left, heading to the workshop.

"It's hard to believe that dude's the head director of limetech sometimes," Evan said, facing back towards his desk.

0