Chapyer 13
144 13 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Miss Rodewood?"

"Redwood."

"Can we learn about time today." I ask, lazily, half sleeping on my desk. 

"We will learn about them in future, don't worry about that."

"But I wanna learn about them now."

"Okay, how about this. Let's finish today's lesson quickly, and we can learn about time during the rest, okay?"

"What is the time right now?"

"A quarter to 6 moeniar."

"But I don't know how much that is! Is that a lot, or is that too less."

"It is neither. It is just a quarter to 6 moeniar."

"Say, Ms...Redwood. In my world, the basic unit of time was second. One second bieng as small as time taken for me to say 'ten'."

"I see. Well, we have something similar, called gulab, which is equal to your 'seconds'. 48 gulab make one rang and 48 rang make a moeniar. 37 and a half moeniar make one fey. Fey is the time between one sunrise and another. 365 Fey make a moir. Moir is the time between one summer and another."

I noted all that in my notebook. For the first time in my life, I am going to say this but, I need to study.

So, 1 minute should be almost equal to 1 rang.

So, 1 hour is equal to 60 multiplied by 5...which is..300? Yes. 300 rang.

Wait, I did this all wrong, I have to restart.

1 rang is equal to one-fifth of a minute.

1 moeniar is equal to twelve fifth of a minute.

What after that?

What am I even doing?

"Flare, say. Are you inquiring about what happens at 6 moeniar?"

"Yes!"

"At 6 moeniar, there is a break between classes. I assume you want to talk to Clare during this period?"

"Yes!"

"Then I am afraid we would have to expel her."

"What?"

"You are an important student, Flare. We can't let you be distracted by these, unsophisticated elements. If you want Clare to remain in this Academy, you would have to obey all its rules."

"I-I see. Sorry."

"Coming back, today we are going to learn about ruins today. Now, Flare. You must be very interested in knowing how was humanity managed to save data from all these thousands of years so perfectly. The answer is ruin making. Ruins are basically any surface which have data engraved into them. It can be anything from a letter to an entire book. Historians, writers, and even scientists record their observations on ruins.Today, we shall try to make a simple temporary ruin for ourselves. Here take this rock and this brush."

"Okay."

"So, the first ruin we will create is going to be your own name. Just write it with this ink so that the letters don't go out of the surface."

"Say, Ms Redwood."

"Yes?" She said holding a bottle of ink in one hand, and a small rock in other.

"What is insight?"

With a small bang, the ink pot in her hand broke into pieces, the ink imploded everywhere, and the glass shards dug themselves into her hand. The red blood was slowly  mixing with the blue ink, dripping all over the floor. But she was not vexxed at all. She wasn't showing any emotion at all, for that matter. She just had this blank face and was looking at me like she really wished I wasn't here. Kind of like how I feel during Maths class.

"Wait, what happened! Are you okay?!"

With a forced smile covered with ink, she asked in the shakingly calm voice. "Flare. Where did, where did you learn that word?"

"Does it matter, oh my, there is just so much blood! We need you to get to a hospital or something!"

"Ahh, don't really worry about that. The doctors here are talented enough. Just tell me where you learn that word."

"Vivian told me."

"Ah, I see, I see. It was her. Do you know what it means?"

"It means to get an idea or something."

"That's..correct, but you would have to learn the textbook definition if you want to score good marks. I will be paying a visit to the infirmary." She said while holding her wrist tightly, as if to prevent her hand to fall of. "I'll be sending a substitute so be a nice girl, okay?"

Of course, I wasn't a good girl. That would be weird at this point. Just, one two three, poof. I was back at the garden at the common dorms, or whatever they call it. And, thankfully, I wasn't late like last time. Clare was actually taking a walk.

"Hey, Clare!"

"I don't remember hiring a maid."

"Eh, still rude as ever, aren't you. You do remember me, right, we are friends."

"I don't associate myself with commoners."

"Ahhhh. I totally understand. Remembering names is really hard. You really can't expect someone to remember a name just after hearing it for first time."

"..."

"Say, do you know what is insight?"

"Has the intelligence of commoners fallen so low that they need to be taught elementary again?"

"..ok."

"Insight is the phenomena due to natural forces like movement of planets and expansion of universe, which lead to generation of random thoughts due to hormonal imbalance. Did that got into your bird brain? I suppose I need to teach you about Depravity too."

"Yes, actually."

"Yes what?"

"Yes, please teach the stupid me about depravity."

"Depravity refers to physical symptoms like headaches and stomach aches due to not adhering to Insights."

"I see. Say, Vivian..she told me about the body exchange. Did you, did you really-"

"Yes."

"I didn't finished."

"It doesn't matter what a commoner accuses me of. Even if she claims me to kill her parents, my answer shall still stand."

"But why?"

".....commoner. You come from another world, correct?"

"Yes."

"And you wish to hear my story?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes, please..bestow upon me, the..ways of..science."

"Such childish speech. If it weren't a noble's duty, I would had never tolerated it. If you would had dared show such insolence in the royal castle, I would had sentenced your whole family to prison."

"Sorry."

"...as I was saying, you are from another world. And I hear you don't have the translation magic properly implemented."

"Yes."

"Such poor performance could only be expected from a poor man's blood. Listen carefully, for I do not wish to repeat.

There was once a time. A time before the Academy started. This is the time one summer back. The Academy was only occupied by nobles like me, since the commoners give exam later in time. Hence, the soul named Vivian had not entered yet."

"You mean Clare."

"Yes. That is indeed what I meant. 

The soul named Clare had yet to make an appearance in this time. 

On that period of time, every person, whether worthy or not, everyone but one, recieved an Insight. This was the first time an insight had been recieved by all but one. There are cases of a group of people receiving similar insights. Rebels, terrorists, robbers and other low lives are often just group of people who recieved a similar insight.

But it wasn't the nature of Insight that caused the world to change. It was its contents.

On that period of time. Everyone but one person in entire world recieved the exact same Insight.

Never Interfere With The Soul Named Clare."

8