Chapter 16
113 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahhhhhhh."

"Wait, it's not what you think it is!"

"Yeah, I am not really interested in a boyfriend right now, so, don't lose hope okay?"

"Its...I know it looks creepy but I have a very good reason for doing this."

"Even if you do, it's really bad to take pictures without my permission, you know? I should be calling the police."

"Just listen, listen first, okay! Flare. I believe that you are a messenger of God."

"Yeah, I should be going now."

"Atleast here the full story!"

"I am not really interested in joining the Occult club right now, so you would have to look for someone else."

"Just listen, listen. Flare. You have seen him, right? God?"

"Seen? Yes, technically."

"You see, we normal people can't. Only heroes are the one who see God, when they get summoned here, they have a conversation, correct?"

"Ahhh, not exactly a conversation. It was pretty one sided him telling me stuff, but yes."

"Now listen here Flare. I have a theory. Every thousand years or so, one demon lord arrives. And soon after that, a hero arrives too. This cycle has been repeating for 6 times now."

"Yes."

"Now, listen. I think this is not natural at all. You know Oliver's family? They are one of the few who are working on the First's regeneration properties. Doesn't that seem strange to you?"

"Not really no. I mean, they could be using it for medical purposes, you know?"

"Tch tch tch, you can't fall for their lies, Flare. That's just what they want you to think. There's no way the government cares for anyone besides themselves. They have an ulterior motive."

"And...where do I come in all this?"

"You, Flare, you has been sent here by God himself! He has sent you to this land to punish the wrongdoers..."

And I pretty much stopped listening at that point, it was all going above my head anyways.

"Hey, can you close your eyes, for like 10 seconds?"

"Huh?"

"Close your eyes. And then open then after 10 seconds."

"Okay, sure." He said while compiling.

Okay, back to what I was doing. I took out my wand and drew hearts as usual, wanting to teleport to the place I don't even know exist, and soon enough a perfect little pink heart was formed which covered me made me disappear from that room.

And I found myself in front of what seemed like a huge hotel. Like one of the 5 star ones. 50 floors or something and many rooms and all rooms had something sticking out of it, something which remotely resembled air conditioners.

If my magic went right, this should be it.

The Demon Lord's castle.

Sure doesn't look like a castle to me. Castles have an image of a cylindrical rather than a box shaped multi room apartment.

And well, there was a scary encounter right at start. There was a non human, reptilian looking man, with purple skin standing guard. If this were my original world, I would had blasted him off by now, but the peculiar thing was, this alien looking demon, was wearing a security guard uniform.

The blue kind with a blue hat and a whistle and brown boots and a radio in his pocket.

"Excuse me," I approach carefully, holding my wand at the back, "Is this the Demon Lord's Castle?"

"Are you the hero?" He asked in a gruff voice.

"That's what they tell me, yes."

"Aren't you supposed to be here after your school's over? I believe there are still 4 years left."

"I...wanted to just check some things out."

"You are free to go in."

"Just like that?"

"Are you suggesting we are lacking in security?"

Yes, actually.

"No, I mean..just, letting the enemy enter is usually not considered a good idea."

"Girl, have you studied about Kami?"

"The exception? I have heard his name."

"Just heard?"

"I have not really been focusing on studies lately."

The reptile took a deep breath, and then let out a big sigh. "He changed a lot of things here. Just go in and ask the receptionist to take you to Demon Lord."

The insides too were very hotel-ly. Or should I say, office-ly? Because there were lots of papers being carried here and there, there were many elevators going up and down and lots of peop-I mean demons just waiting at what seemed to be the waiting area. The whole area was well lit by many many tube lights.

But what was most standing out were statues. Just at the middle of this chatter, there were 7 statues. I recognized 2 of them.

One was of the first demon lord I saw in museum. The hinged back, horns and wings and looking like the type of demons you find in fairy tale.

The second was the statue of the third exception. The...man named Kami? Was it?

Okay, why do these peopl-demons have his statue? That too what seems to be among other Demon Lords.

As I walked towards the big table which was in front of me, which I presumed to be the reception, many demons noticed me, but they just took a glance and with a smile resumed with their work.

"Uhh, I don't really know what's happening here." I said at the reception table, mentally exhausted from all the new data which is pouring into my brain.

"I suppose you are here to meet the current Demon Lord then?"

"If she is available."

"Oh, she will always be available for heroes like you. Just wait a moment please." She said before picking up a phone and dialing some numbers. "Someone will be with you in a moment. Please wait for a bit."

As I was nervously sitting on a sofa, a slime looking demon reading newspaper asked me.

"Was it hard to come here."

"Ah, no. I had teleportation."

"Is that so. The new generation sure has it easy. All the other heroes actually had to actually climb the mountain."

"There was a mountain?"

"Pretty tall one too. About 2,500 feets. And full of monsters. It would actually take months before someone can reach here from the base."

"I see. Are monsters different from demons?"

"Monsters are just like animals. They don't have intelligence." 

"Excuse me," asked a third person, a dog person this time. By dog person I meant someone who is half dog, not someone who likes dog. But I guess he would also like dogs? Does being half dog makes you dog lover too?

"Excise me?" He repeated.

"Ah, sorry."

"I heard you wanted to meet the Demon Lord."

"If she is available, yes."

"Please follow me this way." He said.

Just as I followed him, I realised something.

"Hey!" I called out to the slime demon, "what did you said the height was?"

"2,500 feets."

Isn't that..feet. Feet is from my world.

What in the world?!

"This is, very similar to my original world."

"The Second Demon Lord, he ensured to incorporate his culture to our world."

"Even the looks and technology?"

"He was quite, a character. He did brought out some reforms and changed things for good. Not to mention his magical girl powers really helped us increase our productivity. And here we are." He said as soon the elevator dinged to 80th floor.

In front of me, was a single door. In the whole corridor, and what I assume to be the whole complete floor, there was just a single room. 

"Knock on it." Urged my escort.

And I did

6