Week 1, Day 1&2 : Camp (Edited)
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

June 21st, 12:00 pm

Writer: Alex James

This camp awful, and to distract myself I have decided to write a journal of my experiences while I’m here. While this camp pretends to be normal, the true purpose was to control our powers. Yep journal, you read right, powers. Something happened years ago and on the random kids were given supernatural abilities. The government very early on made “camp correction centers” where we were entitled to go once anyones power manifested. It was advertised like a normal summer camp, but once we were in the governments grasp we were treated like potential soldiers. They separated everyone into different camps based on our strength and isolated us from the world. I am particularly worried about my brother. We have the same power telekinesis, but while I can use it to lift up things about the weight of a pencil, He could lift up people, and even things much heavier then his own weight. The was probably sent him to one of the more "powerful" camps meant for the dangerous powers. If things are so bad for me I’m scared to imagine what he’s going through.

The reason I know so much is I’m pretty perceptive, and I have overheard the counselors talking. I wonder what my parents are thinking, having us be taken away from them. When I arrived at my cabin and found a bunk, I set my things down and pondered my life here for awhile. I heard a lot coming from the person leading me here, seemed to be some kind of soldier, he didn't even bother to mute his walkie-talkie, but I ended up hearing some bad stuff happening, which seemed to cause the soldier to look at me funny from time to time. I think they fear us, regardless to how much power we have.

I was in a green camp, supposedly meant for the weaker powered kids, but that didn't let any of the patrolling soldiers stop glaring at us. We were given some solace as the counselors, older kids but supposedly had powers like us, would direct us to play some normal games. My schedule, that I was given when I got to my bunk, was pretty empty, I only had 3 things to do. Go to the classroom for "re-education" for an hour, then lunch for 2 hours, and finally an hour and a half of selected games where the counselors would let us use our powers in some common camp games. 

Everywhere there were signs with big bolded letters warning the use of Powers outside of the selected games class. It said whoever caught would be subject to punishment, which was kinda intimidating, but I myself ignored them. It's only been the first two days, and it’s pretty normal. Maybe this won’t be as bad as it seems?

0