Week 1, Day 7: Punishment (Edited)
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

June 28rd, 4:38 pm

Well, I finally learned what punishment was. It was even worse then I thought. A kid was caught using his power and how they found out was unknown, He was a notioner, a slang for hypnosis, and he was caught by his very obvious position by a soldier, who calmly shot the kid. Everyone had heard the gunshot as well as a scream from the kid who was shot. The kid wasn't dead, but he was left bleeding on the ground with holes in his leg. The soldier just looked on with a calm that was super freaky and didn't call for anyone. It was us who had to let the counselors know, we didn't want him to die. I ran over and tried testing his pulse as he had gone unconscious from blood loss, and I honestly thought he was dead.

It was the first time everyone was aware of the dangerous position we were in. It wasn’t just potential soldiers for the government, it was cannon fodder. they didn’t care for us at all. Everyone was to follow the rules and anyone who broke them would be punished with violence, as he wasn't the only kid who was nearly killed, many kids ended up in similar states, if caught using their powers outside of class they would be shot down or worse, beaten by the counselors. If a kid was caught by a counselor they were let off with a brutal punch, and we all bore witness to the ability of the counselors.  The counselors all had the power of enhanced strength, and the kids who were beaten almost died from the blow. Gossip spread fast that the counselors were the true judges of our fate.

I was only slightly intimated though, I found that my ability wasn't frozen, it was a growth type. One of the things we learned was the classification of powers and why we were in green camp. The green camp was mainly frozen powers, powers that only had to be controlled and wouldn’t improve and further. We were taught that our camp was mostly weak manipulation  abilites, telekinesis, hypnosis, extremely weak elemental control. Since mine was growth it meant I was in the wrong camp but I feared telling anyone and just continued to practice in secret. I practiced with the ground when nobody was around and I am getting better, albeit slowly. I could hold one pencil before, and now I can lift around 1 1/2 of a pencil. I was practicing with precision as well as strength as i was not able to move 5 pieces of sand seperately. Not a big improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

0