Prologue: The Beginning
4.5k 6 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Kilaqen Empire: Mio 4, 3728]

"Kedro, I'm bored!" Empress Viessa exclaimed. "When will my husband finish his meeting?" she asked, tapping her foot on the floor and looking at Kedro expectantly.

Trying not to show his impatience for Ogis' return, he answered calmly, "He should be finished soon."

Thelsea laughed. "Do you think you have a chance against me?" she asked.

"We shall see, Thelsea." Kedro replied. "In my last game, I didn't perform as well as I would have liked. Perhaps I should reconsider my strategy."

Thelsea pointed to the pile of paperwork as she said, "The person who wins this game must finish it. Don't forget that the winner gets bragging rights and two Quatinum coins."

Kedro snapped annoyed, "You don't have to remind me! By the way, when will the interns arrive next, Viessa?"

As she sat in the nearby chair, Empress Viessa pondered for a few moments. "I don't know, not many interns pass the Trial Of Death," she said, "and even then, it's hard to find demons who can be trusted amongst the Tenacious Enforcers."

"That question just cost you Kedro," Thelsea said after she made a number of winning moves in the game of Blitz. "You should have been paying more attention."

"How did you do that?!" Kedro shouted. "There must be a rematch, dammit!"

As she stretched, Thelsea had a smile on her face. "Sore losers are a type of person," she teased. "However, before you complain, don't you think you owe me something?"

Kedro threw the two Quatinum coins at the Succubus Queen as she let out a triumphant laugh. With her left hand, she swiftly caught them.

Kedro said, "You're one arrogant bitch, and I bet you'll still take my money when I visit the Succubus Cafe later today!"

Thelsea said proudly, "Of course I will. There are no taxes that pay themselves, don't you know?"

After picking up his paperwork, Kedro stormed out of the room. "You are welcome to kiss my ass, Thelsea. Just let me know when the meeting ends.”

Thelsea shouted, "Come on, Kedro! Don't be silly like that! Let me get you a discount for the Succubus Cafe! I will keep my word!" Thelsea shouted.

"I don't think he'll hear you," Viessa jokingly stated.

"It's probably true," Thelsea said. "But you know what they say: A succubi has to do what a succubi has to do!"

"But they never say that," Viessa said.

"No one has said that...yet!" said Thelsea, confidently.

"If you say so, Thelsea," Viessa replied. "In any case, do you know what they're talking about in there?"

"It appears that The Sorcerer Of Light has finally arrived," Thelsea said. "We don't yet know where Owen Woods is located, but he goes by that name."

In contemplation, Lord Secretary Thelsea gazed at the ceiling, considering the steps the demons must take to repel Owen.

However, it was during this time that she came up with the idea.

"Isn't it possible to just reincarnate someone as my assistant?" she wondered.

--------------------------------

Kilaqen's Hierarchy Of Power
1 (Highest) Supreme Demon
2 Demon Lords
3 Demon Lord’s Secretary
4 Lord Commander
5 Royalty (Bloodline Of Supreme Demon/Demon Lords)
6 Generals
7 Lt. Generals
8 Captains
9 Soldiers
10 (Lowest) Citizens

--------------------------------

[Kilaqen, Lord Broggon's Castle: The Citadel. Mio 8, 3728]

Xorag, the Orc king, let out a huge sigh as he looked at the Orc children below.

"Fine. I'll instruct my orcs to build outposts in Adrios," Xorag said. "They'll report back to me what they find in Orcish, but I'll translate it for you."

"Excellent!" Broggon said enthusiastically. "Keeping my promise, King Xorag, I shall no longer take your time. You have been dismissed."

King Xorag got up from the table, bowed, and walked to the door, leaving the room. After a few moments, they heard the Orc King punching the walls in anger.

Before speaking with Secretary Thelsea, Lord Broggon sipped again from his tea.

"Ugh. Negotiating with Orcs is terrible," he said, "Because they should not even be breathing my air."

"It's no argument in my book," Thelsea said, "Just take a look at the way they treat my succubi. The Half-Orcs are at least more civilized."

"What is the status of your little project, by the way?" asked Lord Broggon.

"My chances of reincarnating someone within the next few days are pretty good," Thelsea said.

"What will he be like?" Lord Broggon inquired.

"Either a Demonic Paladin or a Tentacle Magician," Thelsea said, "Though I'm leaning towards the Tentacle Magician for now."

"But why a tentacle magician?" asked Lord Broggon.

"Why not?" Thelsea said jokingly.

Lord Broggon remained silent for a few moments before responding.

"I trust your judgement," Lord Broggon said, refusing to ask any further questions.

Taking a moment to reflect on the quote of Lord Ogis, Lord Broggon looked out at the horizon with the Succubus Queen.

"Demons are the most efficient animal on the planet, but humans are the most inefficient," Broggon continued. "With magic, they rise to become the most efficient, but if we can take it away, they will fall."

CautiousTitan.com

87