5. Mason Meets Grat & Kurdan
2.7k 5 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Especially the Orcs."

--------------

[Xorag's Underground Fortress: Mio 17, 3728]

Thelsea calmly walked from the portal as Mason followed behind her.

He was wearing a sleek, tailor-made suit: a red, black, and gold military uniform. He wore his black overcoat as a coat cape.

They began walking on the trail to Xorag's Fortress.

"Man! I finally get to leave my desk!" Mason said with relief, "How the fuck did you guys create so much damn paperwork?"

"You should blame the useless interns who came before you," Thelsea explained, "It got so bad that Kedro and I had to do paperwork all the time. Even when we were gambling."

"It's a lot of work, but at least I have Oppo and my tentacles," Mason said as he looked at Oppo. "With these two alone, I can quadruple my productivity!"

Thelsea chuckled as she rubbed Oppo's head.

"Is that right? That's good to hear. I know it's an immense amount of work, so I had Broggon adjust your salary," Thelsea replied. "Fortunately, your duties as an assistant involve more exciting work than dull paperwork. Otherwise, you would be wasting your time."

As Thelsea and Mason approached the Fortress, they noticed two gate guards. Both of the burly half-orcs were around 7 feet tall.

"The Orcs aren't fat?!" Mason said surprised.

"Given the Orcs are at the bottom of the Kilaqen Empire, it's not surprising," Thelsea said, "After all, they are doing physical labor the majority of the time."

As they approached the gate guards, they could hear their conversation. The Orcs didn't seem to notice their presence.

----------------------

"Alright, Alright, Alright. How about this one, Grat?" Kurdan said, "If life is unfair to everyone, does that mean life is actually fair?"

"No, no, no, no. How about this?" Grat said, "If money is the root of all evil, why do they ask for it in church?"

"Damn! That was good. After we get off the clock, I'll note it down, and then we might be able to use it when we actually do start murdering people again," Kurdan said.

"By the way, are we still going to the Succubus Cafe or are we visiting the 'Breeding Chambers'?" Grat said, "That will affect my choice of attire."

"Bro. How many times must I tell you that the Succubi are not interested in your ugly ass?" Kurdan joked, "You'd be better off visiting the 'Breeding Chambers' and clapping some Mindbroken ass."

"If you're trying to cockblock me, just say that," Grat replied.

"Nah, you're just ugly bro," Kurdan replied.

"Wrong. You're both ugly," Thelsea said.

A huge sigh escaped their lips as they turned to face Thelsea and Mason.

"Aw shit! The Sadistic Queen is here," Kurdan said.

Grat sighed. "How unfortunate."

Grat sniffed the air as he turned towards Mason.

"This guy smells funny," Grat said. "In fact, he reminds him a bit of the tentacle guy. But what was his name? Iggoth? Iggo?" he said.

"Iggith?" Kurdan replied.

"Yeah, yeah. Iggith. I remember now. That guy was amazing," Grat said.

"He certainly was," Kurdan replied.

"Can you guys just cut the crap and give us the translated Orcish Reports?" Thelsea said annoyed.

Kurdan muttered something under his breath before speaking to one of the interior guards in Orcish. An interior guard began running towards one of their buildings.

Thelsea rubbed her cheeks as she sighed.

"This is Mason. He's my assistant, and he'll be visiting this fortress in my place from now on," Thelsea said as she placed her arm around his shoulder. "So rejoice that you won't have to see me anymore."

With confused looks on their faces, the guards looked at each other.

"Is that...COMPASSION?" Kurdan asked.

"Astonishing!" Grat exclaimed.

"Why do you guys keep acting like Thelsea isn't nice?" Mason said.

"If you're being spoiled by the Succubus Queen, just say that," Grat said.

Kurdan joked, "I kinda hate you now out of jealousy."

"I am not being spoiled!" Mason replied.

"There's no way you could have bought that sleek, tailor-made suit. It was made by one of the best tailors in Kilaqen," Kurdan said.

"No question about it," said Grat.

"Ok. You got me. But why do you two have beef with Thelsea?" Mason asked.

"I wouldn't think about it too much. We just like to mess with her," Kurdan said.

"Although her personality leaves much to be desired...," Grat murmured.

A sadistic smile spread across Thelsea's face as an ice magic spear pointed at Grat's neck.

"Would the insect like to say it with their chest?" Thelsea asked.

"Hahahaha..." Grat exclaimed nervously.

"Why don't we just go into the fortress ourselves? Why do we have to wait at the gate?" Mason asked.

Thelsea replied, "We don't have time for that. You still have paperwork to complete."

"By the way, aren't you a Tentacle mage?" Grat said excitedly.

"Uh...yeah. But what's so exciting about it?" Mason asked.

An interior guard suddenly returned with scrolls. They were handed to Kurdan, who gripped them tightly.

"Iggith was a true revolutionary! He was a master of his tentacles! A true sexual demon! An icon amongst men!" Kurdan replied proudly.

Mason could feel the second-hand embarrassment, as Thelsea snatched the scrolls from Kurdan's hand.

"Bunch of fucking idiots! Let's go, Mason!" Thelsea said annoyed.

Mason turned to wave goodbye to the guards as Thelsea stormed off. He didn't know if they were joking or not.

CautiousTitan.com

54