Volume 1 Chapter 23 (II)
4.6k 6 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Captain!” The 15 remaining officers of the Blue team now dressed in the blue teams uniform and armed with rifles arrived with the detained Goldilocks and Sheriff Laffitte.

“No. 20, arrest these men also, Ezra pointed to the injured gangsters laying on the street. Secure the prisoners with the rest and wait for my orders, No. 5 will remain here to assist you.

No. 18, I need 10 sharpshooters including yourself to follow me, this young gentleman will be taking us to the base location. We need to move quickly before the information about this event spreads.” Ezra did not need to question Goldilocks or Sheriff Laffitte, his job was to capture as he saw fit, a marine investigator will be sent to the island to verify all their findings. There was also a chance that all their actions were being monitored by a supervisor as well.

“Let’s go. Double time to the harbour” Ezra said as he jogged ahead of the officers.

 

Getting to the harbour.

The team looked ahead and it seems the information about the gangster’s arrest had indeed reached their base. Ezra and the officers could only watch from afar as the security of the clubhouse tightened. 

The clubhouse was an island building connected by a long pier, It was surrounded by the sea. The pier walkway was the only way in or out for the marines, whereas a getaway boat must have been prepared by the gangsters to escape in. Snipers were positioned on the roof, glints caused by the contact of sunlight on the metallic barrels of rifles could be seen at every window on the top floor of the clubhouse as shooters lay in wait.

“It looks like they are not planning to run away,” No. 18 said seriously.

“This makes it easy for us,” Ezra replied.

“It looks like fate has once again sent you my way” Ezra grinned as he willed a dome of water to seal the clubhouse, with himself, Byron and the officers inside preventing any escape.

“Water Dome”

Shouts of panic could be heard from the clubhouse.

“What is this?”

“They have a sorcerer?”

“How can we fight this?”

“Maybe we should surrender?” Someone asked 

Bang! 

The person who suggested a surrender was shot in the head by a brute who was covered in stitches, he had different patches of skin visible and a horrific stitched up scar across his neck as if his head was transplanted onto his body. 

“No one is going to surrender today, there is only a handful of them and there are 40 of us. Don’t forget who our backer is. Those attacking are probably a group of pirates looking to make a name for themselves. Let them come.”

Ezra shouted from afar, “You have been surrounded, surrender and you would be arrested without harm. If you resist a few of you will die and the others will be injured before being arrested. You have 5mins to decide before we begin our assault.”

“Hahaha, it’s a kid. I thought as much. You are probably trying to use me, Frankenstein, as a means for quick fame. We are not that easily threatened. Go back for more of your mother’s milk. Hahaha!” he laughed.

“Men, kill anyone who comes close” Frankenstein ordered.

 

Ezra was angry, even though it was not an insult to his mother, but Frankenstein made him remember the pain he had tried to suppress in his heart.

“Kill the snipers one by one,” Ezra commanded as he started walking. He had absolute trust in his team.

Bang!

10 shots rang out from behind him, as bodies fell limp at their post. Those who died on the roof rolled as they fell into the sea.

As soon as reloading was completed more shots rang out from behind Ezra. One thug was lucky enough to fire his rifle before he was killed, the bullet flew straight at Ezra only to be slapped away by a hand made of water.

“Water Hand”

This hand of water folded its fingers tightly into the centre of the palm, clenching it into a fist. Before flying at the door of the clubhouse.

Boom!

The doors flew open as vibrations shook the building to its foundation.

“Get him” the thugs who remained alive attacked to ambush Ezra as he stepped through the doorway.

Instantaneously, a second, third, fourth, fifth… a water hand was created for as many people that were present.

Smack!

In just a split second, all those who planned to ambush Ezra laid flat on the ground with foam frothing out of their mouths with eyes rolled backwards.

Leaving just Frankenstein, the boss of the gang all by himself with no place to hide or run, shaking in his boots as a golden like puddle slowly formed beneath his feet. Fear could be seen in Frankenstein’s eyes. ‘Why did I have to meet another monster?' he thought. “I will tell you all you need to know, please don’t hurt me,” he said quickly.

Ezra: “You have been gathering corpses” 

Frankenstein: “Yes”

Ezra: “For what reason?”

Frankenstein: “Our backer need it”

Ezra: “Who is your backer and where can I find them”

‘This might be a good idea, to set two monsters against each other Frankenstein thought before saying “He is Captain Gecko Moria, he is located on Thriller Bark here in West Blue”

"Very well, you are now under arrest, you will be sent to a marine base where you will be sentenced based on your crimes."

‘Shit, he is with the Marines’ Frankenstein thought, knowing he had been wrong about this kid from the very beginning.

 

A day later, a marine ship was moving away from Fontwell harbour. On one side of the deck were bodies of dead gangsters while on the other side were cages with Frankenstein, Sheriff Laffitte, Goldilocks and other thugs who made it out of the ordeal injured but still alive.

The instructor on board the ship saluted the brave marines who had just completed another mission. "We will take it from here Blue Team Captain, an investigator will be sent to the island. Those arrested will be interrogated before your assessment is completed."

“Thanks, instructor, is it possible to ask for a favour? There was a young man who helped us during the mission. I would like to request his release and return to his hometown.”

“Don’t worry Ezra, a background check has been completed on him. His name is Byron, he is from Toroa Island in the West Blue, He is a descendant of a long line of musicians, His father owed a fairly large sum of debt, which his son took over after his death. His mother is still alive on Toroa, we will send him back there.”

 

Yet another successful mission. If you have any comments/feedback/suggestions please let me know. The last part of the story in book one is about to start. What lies in store for Ezra this time - Find out in the next Chapter :)

98