Volume 2 Chapter 8
3.6k 5 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flevance, also known as the “White City” was a country in the North Blue. It was led by a royal family which was connected to the world government. Flevance looked like a place straight out of a snowy fairy tale country. The earth, trees, grass and flowers were all pure white. The presence of Amber Lead Ore in the soil gave the flora the distinguished white tint hence the name White City. This beautiful and stunning city left visitors wondering whether the island was real or not. Flevance was known for its Amber Lead. This was a very special and extremely rare ore. It was discovered underneath the kingdom, this discovery turned the mining and production industries of Flevance into money making opportunities. Varieties of goods such as Utensils, Paint, Sweets, Makeup and weapons were made out of the ore. People from all over the world bought these high-quality goods, leading to the kingdom’s eventual rise to affluence.

However, a hundred years ago when the industrial age was in full force at Flevance, the world government and the royal family discovered that amber lead was poisonous, but chose not to inform the country of its harmful nature to maximise its profits. Over the years the effects of people being exposed to this poisonous Ore caused each succeeding generation to have a shorter lifespan than their predecessors. By the time the world discovered the toxicity of amber lead, it was too late to save the heavily poisoned country.

The royals selfishly escaped with the help of the world government, abandoning their people in the process, all of the citizens became sick and died very slowly. Neighbouring countries, fearing that the disease was contagious, responded by shutting their borders. This made the citizens desperate to leave the kingdom even if they had to fight their way out. This eventually led to the downfall of the kingdom a few years ago.

Getting to Flevance, Ezra and No. 20 made their way to the main ship of Vice-Admiral Tsuru on a boat.

“Young Ezra, where have you been? You young kids have so much energy these days. Come let me see how much you have improved”

“Granny Tsuru, You are looking as young as ever,” Ezra said as he walked into the captain's cabin.

“You stinking brat, Didn't you see me here? Did you hear about the riots on Mary Geoise, it was reported that all the slaves died. Why would they even bother to escape if they were going to all die like that” this comment was from Captain Momousagi who casually walked into the cabin, she was the commander at the battle of Oykot Kingdom, her real name was Gion.

“Big sister Gion, I have missed you. I saw your ship but I wasn't sure if you were here if I had known I would have brought you a present.” Ezra replied cheekily.

“You stinking brat, I still remember the days when you were still at the academy, you were a cute rookie. Always did everything seriously, but look at you now making jokes, at least you know how to treat a lady. Sigh how times change.” she added.

“Get serious you two! Ezra this mission is considered a test for you. I want to see how much you have grown over the past 3 years. I want you to show me what your justice is. We have received intel that the Barrel pirates somewhere in these waters have acquired a devil fruit which they are planning to sell to the marines. Beware their captain was once a decorated marine officer that defected to being a pirate.” Tsuru said seriously.

“Captain we are under attack” a female seaman reported.

“Don't worry, I will be there in a moment. Ever since the death of Roger, all these nobodies now sail the seas. I need to wash out the evils in their hearts.” She grumbled as she stood up from her seat.

“Ezra you head to Rubeck Island, you will receive a call from the informant along the way,” She said. “Handle this case however you want, but this will show to the world where your justice lies, I will stay here to handle this mess caused by the world government. Pirates sure never learn, treasure-seeking in Flevance, they must be insane” she added.

“Captain, they seem to be pirates who are part of the Doflamingo grand fleet” a report came in

“Capture them all, leave no one behind” Vice Admiral Tsuru ordered before using an advanced skill.

“Soru”  This technique allows the user to move at a very high speed by performing steps imbued with explosive force. Using this technique Vice-Admiral Tsuru appeared on the ship of the approaching pirates without warning.  Before they could realise the situation they were in.

“Woshu Woshu no Mi (Wash Wash Fruit): Mass Wash and Dry”

All the pirates on the deck were turned flat and malleable like fabric, they had all been washed and hung out to dry as if they were clothes. This move disabled the pirates and also reduced their aggression as some of them were commenting on how nice it felt to be hung out to dry.

Ezra and Captain Momousagi looked on from the main ship.

“That is Big sisters Woshu Woshu no Mi (Wash Wash Fruit), it is a Paramecia type devil fruit. You have seen the effect, but the hidden effect it has which is the core foundation to her justice is the ability to clean a limited amount of evil off her victims. To some pirate, the evil in their hearts is what has allowed them to survive the seas till now, meeting her is like meeting a predator” Captain Momousagi said seriously to Ezra, “You have been under big sister for a while you should know she is a very smart marine, she might not have grand achievements like some others but they all respect her because she stands firm to her way of doing things and doesn't waver. I am looking forward to your type of justice, younger brother” she added.

“No. 20 let's go, they don't need us here,” Ezra said as he jumped into the boat which was tied to the main ship.

“We finally have a mission, Sir, everyone has been itching for some action” No. 20 excitedly said as he sat on the boat heading towards a 2-mast marine ship. Instead of the regular white sails with a blue text and symbol of the marines, this vessel had the opposite. The sails were blue like the waves and the symbol and text were written in white.

 

I'm getting excited about the next few chapters, I only hope you guys are too.

Use the spoiler tags, please! I want to know if you can guess where this arc is headed

80