Volume 2 Chapter 10
3.5k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That's enough Captain Vergo?” a voice called out from behind Vergo who was on his way to Law.

Law who was on the floor could see another Marine who appeared out of nowhere. He was wearing a blue marine uniform instead of the regular white, he knelt next to Corazon who was knocked unconscious on the ground as he read the information on the secret letter Vergo dropped.

“I have heard enough to understand the situation, Captain Vergo you will be coming with me. I am sure HQ will like to hear your story” Ezra said while holding his pole in his hand.

“Let me read your crimes to you first before arresting you. You as the captain of a marine ship abandoned the ship for a solo unauthorised mission here on this island. That would have not been too much of a problem but now you have been exposed as a member of the Doflamingo pirates, who had been sent to infiltrate the marines. You have been tampering with intel and abusing the power of your rank in conducting illegal activities. You led your men to the slaughter, just to deliver 5 billion to your captain and now are here to retrieve the fruit on his behalf. Did I miss anything?” Ezra asked

“Yes, you missed one thing, Lieutenant Commander, I can kill you and then you will be the one to take the blame for all of this” Vergo replied with a grin.

“Don't worry, I had the den den mushi connected to HQ as we spoke, you just confirmed all my investigation so there is no need for any further interrogation?” Ezra said seriously.

On his way to Minion Island he had found out some information about Captain Vergo, He had an innate skill that many marines trained years to achieve. The skill is known as  Armament Haki; where he could create an invisible armour around himself providing incredible offence and defence. The important part of the information was that this form of Haki could be used to injure devil fruit users that are otherwise immune to ordinary physical attacks such as Logia users.

‘This was going to have to be a fight fought solely on martial techniques and physical strength.’

“Don't worry about reinforcement, The harbour of this island now has two marine ships on code Red. Any unidentified vessels will be fired on. In other words, Doflamingo will not be coming here today” Ezra said with a smile.

“What can a Lieutenant Commander do to a full-fledged Captain. I should warn you boy, the power of a Captain is on a different level. Although I have spent less than 2 years in the marines and have not yet received the elite training due to my mission in G-5, my Haki has not developed past the basic stage. I am still out of reach for a  Lieutenants Commander.” Vergo taunted confidently, to him he found the situation a bit ridiculous, yet another righteous young marine who could not turn away from his doom.

“I guess your main card is the use of Armament Haki. You are indeed correct until today I had never heard of this type of power before. I still want to fight you, show me how different our levels are” Ezra said as he ignited his fighting spirit. This was not one of his regular spars with his officers. This was a battle to the death, Vergo had to kill Ezra to escape. Ezra had to do whatever he could to restrain Vergo even if he had to kill him.

Ezra: “Water Armament” 

Vergo: “So this is why you are so confident. Logia powers. This is going to be easier than I thought”

Upon getting in range, Vergo who was about to kick with his right leg felt something hit his right leg stopping his attack.

‘His martial competence cannot be overlooked’ Vergo thought.

Ezra performed a lunge attack, his pole shot out at a speed even Vergo could not follow, smashing into his right leg which was about to extend into a kick.

This continued with every attack, whether it was a punch or a kick each of them was stopped at a range by the pole strike.

Enraged by how a puny low-ranked marine could fight him on equal grounds. His Armament Haki turned his skin black as he was reinforced. “Prepare to die” he yelled before walking in Ezra’s direction,

Ezra: “Water Armament - Trident” 

Using the water covering the pole, Ezra formed a solid three-pronged spearhead attached to his pole.

‘I might not know about Haki, but I won’t lose out in fighting spirit’ Ezra thought to himself.

Vergo: “Enhanced Punch”

A storm of Haki reinforced punches were thrown in Ezra's direction. This attack was different from the previous ones. Ezra used the hardened tip of his trident to pierce at Vergo, hence stopping some punches, but he could not stop all. 

Bam Bam Bam

3 punches made it through Ezra's defences, landing directly on his body as he was sent flying into the wall of a nearby building. The force of the impact created a series of cracks on the wall as it came crumbling down on top of Ezra.

“Wow, Haki is no joke, Thanks for clarifying some of the doubts I had in the past few years. You see when I developed a method to harden seawater in creating this trident. I touched on something which I was not too sure about. Today I finally learnt it was Haki, I still wasn't sure until I experienced it myself.” Ezra said as he spat out a mouthful of blood. He had blood flowing down the right side of his face, but his aura changed as he got into a wide stance holding his trident forward.

Ezra: “Water Chains- Trident Javelin”

A chain of water connected to the trident and his hand. Holding the trident like a Javelin, he threw in at Vergo.

“It is not easy to learn Haki, young boy. Some people were just chosen by God to rule this world like my Captain with his…” before Vergo could finish his sentence he could feel the pressure radiating from the tip of the trident flying in his direction.

‘WHAT, that is Armament Haki. Why does this kid’s Haki have so much pressure’ Vergo thought. ‘I have to dodge it quickly’

Having missed its target, Ezra pulled the Trident back to himself.

“I will not lose to a Kid, my Captain was chosen to rule this world, he is the possessor of the Conqueror Haki” Vergo shouted as he ran to reduce the range between himself and Ezra. 

“If you were any stronger than you are now, I would have been in serious trouble. I am also lucky enough that you haven't learnt any of the elite techniques from Marine HQ. I am grateful for your help in developing my Armament Haki, Although I don't fully understand its application, just knowing there is room for improvement.” Ezra said as he covered his three-pronged spearhead with Haki as the water solidified.

Ezra: “Sea Dragon's Vengeance”

This was a different thrust of the spear, A dragon illusion formed surrounding Ezra as he attacked.

Vergo: “Enhanced Block”

The dragon illusion made its way along with the attack as it opened its mouth swallowing Vergo. A loud bang echoed out from the collision, a small crater was created as shockwaves spread in all directions pushing Law and Corazon a distance away.

“It's all over,” Ezra said as he sat next to the knocked out Vergo who was covered in blood, his eyes rolled back and foam frothing out of his mouth.

 

Phew Chapters 8 - 10 completed and uploaded. Counting on you to help spot errors.

I have read these 3 chapters too many times.

That's all for today.

75