Volume 2 Chapter 13
3.5k 12 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

West Blue Academy Harbour.

Ezra jumped off the ship, anyone would expect a loud sound from landing to follow a jump of that height but instead, Ezra gracefully landed without a sound. The training at HQ for captains was a general type of training in addition to this it was an assessment to identify possible candidates for the elite training. At the harbour was an army of 220 marines with rifles mounted on their backs waiting.

“Captain!” All 220 of them saluted as soon as Ezra entered their line of sight.

“At ease! No. 20 is there any new reports?” Ezra asked his right-hand man. 

“Sir! a few of us have been promoted. I am now a Lieutenant Commander. No. 18, No. 5, No. 7, No. 12, No. 19 have been promoted to Lieutenants. The rest have been promoted to Lieutenant Jr Grade. The seamen on our previous vessel have been drafted into our troops, this is also including 195 graduated seamen of 2nd and 1st class for this year. We also have a recruit which we have been waiting for your decision on what to do with him. That is all sir” No. 20 reported.

Ezra: Recruit? 

No. 20: Yes, He is one of the young boys you rescued during the mission at Minion Island. The recruit's name is Trafalgar D. Water Law.

Ezra: “hmm, carry on”

No. 20: Vice Admiral Tsuru was initially planning to send both boys to marine headquarters, but no one expected that Law would refuse this offer. His excuse was to remain by your side. It was then Vice-Admiral Tsuru told him about your story, after hearing your hardships the young boy was determined to join the marines.

Ezra didn't know what to think, ‘it looks like Granny used me as an advertisement’

Ezra: What happened to Commander Donquixote Rosinante

No. 20: He should have recovered by now. His mission could be considered a failure but he had played a part in getting secret information and revealing a traitor in the marines. His rank remains the same but he will be assigned to the Headquarters for a few years till he is back in form.

Vergo was sent to Impel down.

Ezra: Impel down, I heard about this during the captain training. It is the world government's maximum-security underwater prison for the most dangerous of criminals and pirates alike. It is located on the calm belt and the Tarai current formation has been installed to restrict access to it.

No. 20: We also did not know what that was but Vice-Admiral Tsuru was kind enough to explain it to us. 

Ezra: Thanks, I will be counting on you, No. 20

No. 20: “Marines Attention!” he yelled to the troops

“Everyone listen up!  I previously had the alias Poseidon, now you can address me as Captain Atlant. We will be working hard to clean out West Blue one pirate at a time. 

Our Justice will be Impartial, No one is above the law.

Before we start our campaign; you all need training, we need better equipment ranging from engineered rifles to frogmen scuba equipment. We need a customised ship of our own and lastly, we need a name. Henceforth, you all will be known and addressed as Atlanteans and our ship will be known to the world as Atlantis. 

Together we will take control of the West Blue.

Each Lieutenant will be in charge of 10 seamen, teaching them all you know.

No. 20, I want everyone at a satisfactory level of proficiency with using a rifle. No. 1 will continue to lead the communications team, No. 5 in charge of Navigation and planning, No. 18 in charge of weapons training. No. 7 and No. 19 in charge of artillery training. No. 12 Frogmen training. As for the rest see to the details. 

Law, come with me to the academy. Dismissed.”

“Yes sir” the soldiers all replied

“Captain Atlant, Sir” Law announced, he was a little afraid of this captain who fought and won against Vergo. 

“Calling me Captain is fine as well. I was told that Vice-Admiral Tsuru told you a bit about my past. Like you, I am also a lone survivor of a massacre here in the West Blue” Ezra said looking at the young boy in front of him. “Yet I chose to be a marine, not just for my revenge but to stop my experience from happening to others. Tell me about yourself, how was your life in Flevance?” 

“Captain, I am the son of the once well-known Trafalgar surgeon in the North Blue. I have been studying medicine under my father for a number of years before the incident. I managed to survive the extermination by hiding in between corpses of my fellow countrymen. My only option of survival at that time was to join the strongest pirate group in North Blue, Donquixote Pirates, this was to help develop my plan to attack the world government for what they did in Flevance.” Law replied as he dried his eyes, stopping himself from crying. “Captain, I ate the Ope Ope no Mi (OP OP Fruit) with a bit of practice, I should be able to carry out some medical treatments when needed. If possible I want to remain on Atlantis” 

“Very well. But you still have to listen to my offer, I have two options on what I think should be the best aid to your growth. The first option is to join the academy, learn and train in combat then come join me when you are done. The second option is to join my ship as a recruit, I will provide you with enough materials to train as a doctor. This option is definitely the most difficult route as you will still have to excel in combat. The choice is yours” Ezra asked Law who was thinking about his future Academy or Atlantis.

It is the start of another arc, what type of adventures will Rose D. Ezra have here at West Blue.

Feel free to draw my attention to specific topics that I miss or could be improved on

82