Volume 2 Chapter 20
3.2k 22 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words cannot describe the devastation Whale Island faced by this attack. The seawater tide was a catastrophe of its own, the added explosion at random was the worst part of the attack. Who would have thought that those apples were bombs, some of those who died did not even figure this out before they passed on.

Those who survived by being in proximity to the Don, as well as Underboss Carlos, could only listen to the horrors from those injured and dying.

‘My men’ the Don thought

“Take those who are injured to the ships, leave this place” Underboss Carlos yelled

Half dead gangsters made their way out of the debris, more than half of their initial number had been laid to rest here at their base of operations.

“Don't look back, if you want to remain alive, leave here before the Boss goes on a rampage” Carlos continued yelling.

Captain Neko and his crew were lucky, the prison facility was an underground bunker. They had survived both the high tide and shockwave. ‘What is going on?’ they thought

After all the alive gangsters and associates, injured or not, had left the island. 

DON could not hold himself back anymore losing control. “I know you are watching in the shadows, I will make you pay for this,'' he shouted into the sky as he grew a few metres larger. His loud voice caused soundwaves that pushed broken buildings out of his way.

Only 12 people which included The Don Vic ‘The Mammoth’ Rossi, Underboss Carlos were left standing in this cleared up space, The whole Whale Island had been evacuated.

“Capos spread out to kill anything that comes this way” Carlos instructed.

 

On every pirate ship, the injured gangster covered the deck. Those who managed to survive were given the mission of moving them to a nearby town for treatment.

“Shit, the rudder has been destroyed” these types of angry cries could be heard from all the ships. No one noticed a small boat with two marines and a little boy moving further away from the scene.

“You all are under arrest, we will provide first aid to the injured so come with us quietly.” Frogmen armed with rifles popped out from the shadows

 

Bang

“Man down!”

“Shooter southwest!”

Bang

“Shooter down!” No. 18 replied

“How's he?” Bomber asked 

“He will live, but he can't go on” No. 10 replied

“Take him back to the ship,” Bomber instructed. “No. 18 you are in charge now. No one in this troop can outshoot you, save as many of them as you can” Bomber said to his teammate before running ahead.

“Gather round, We need to sweep the area, there are not many shooters left. Each team will have 5 officers, I'm in Team A. No. 10 you lead Team B. We are not in a rush, use your night vision goggles and avoid any source of light. Let's go!” No. 18 instructed

 

“It looks like some rats are on my island, I will have to kill them all to draw out the king rat” a furious Don Vic spoke with his loud voice

“That is unnecessary” a voice came from the clearing in front of Don Vic. A marine in a draped commissioned coat was sitting in the wreckage of a house “My name is Captain Rose D. Ezra, but you call me Atlant. Pleased to finally meet you”

‘When did he get there? Pleased to meet me? All this to just meet me? Is he having a laugh?’

"Smoke him, boys"

Bang 

Gunshots sounded out in different places as the young marine was shot dead.

“I think you got him” the same voice, which no one expected to hear, this time sounded out from behind Don Vic,

‘What! how is he still alive?!’ they all thought

“Seawater Clone”

The figure of Ezra riddled with holes burst with a splash of water.

Don Vic's anger had already passed the point of no return. His blood was boiling and this could be seen by the steam rising from his body. “Congratulations young marine, you have managed to enrage me, I haven’t felt this angry in years.”

Although Ezra was alert he wondered how someone of this size will fight. ‘What’s with the smoke’ while being distracted by his thought, he was a second too late to block the attack of Don Vic

“Armament Haki, Mammoth Punch”

Young marine, you haven’t seen anything in the world yet. You are just a frog in a very big well. Do you think you are unstoppable because of your Logia powers? 

As the steam rose, leaving a mammoth-like man with a Black Haki enforced trunk and feet.

“Sea Shackles”, Ezra emerged from the wreckage, he had a bruise on his face, his coat had also been blown off his back. Sea Water slowly coiled around Don Vic.

“I don’t know the trick you used but the Seastone effect is very crafty, Your only miscalculation was that you didn't know that I was an Ancient Zoan that excels at stamina and endurance.” With a yell, Don Vic freed himself from his binding.

Ezra was surprised he had never been in this type of situation before and frankly his vision of the world was still too little.

“Sea Giant” “Armament Haki” “Sea Gods Trident”

“If that is the case, I can only drain your stamina,” Ezra said before taking control of all the seawater that flooded the island into his body, Ezra rapidly swelled transforming into a crystal blue giant, he was now the same size as the transformed hybrid mammoth. This watery giant was holding a massive black trident as it stood under the rising sun in all its glory.

Shit everyone has been captured, those rats sure have skill. Guess it’s time for me to get serious.

Not many people knew how strong Underboss Carlos, They always saw him with a smile and regularly being scolded by the Don. They didn't know that anyone who knew the real Carlos had already died. 

“Knife Master Carlos, you are under arrest.” Bomber said as he walked into the street Carlos was standing in.

“Here, I was starting to feel left out.” Carlos said, “I will go with you only if you can make me.”

“Naifu Naifu no Mi (Knife Knife Fruit): Knife summon”

Two sharp knives appeared in his hands.

Bomber pulled out a katana as he got into a low stance.

Clank

Rapid Contact between the two continued, cuts started appearing on Bombers body as the fight progressed. A gash already opened on his cheeks as his sword was knocked out of his hand.

“Mirage Knife”

A created knife was thrown at Bomber. 

Bomber could only dodge, he was scanning the area for objects he could prime to attack.

“Mirage Storm”

Several Knives appeared behind Carlos as he threw them all at Bomber. 

Bomber looked at the sand under his feet and he had an idea.

“Timed and Primed”, “Detonate”

Sand particles released all exploded dispelling the multiple knife attack.

Using the explosions as cover, Bomber made his way through the smoke to the front of Carlos before grabbing his hands saying “Little Flower”

I hope the fight scenes are okay, it looks dope in my head lol

I am starting to upload some useful information to the Glossary. There is a recent one about Mafia Hierarchy!

70