Volume 2 Chapter 26
3.1k 14 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the end of the first year, only a handful of Captains remained. This was a testament to the difficulty of the training. One thing could be said, all those who were left were very different from when they started.

 

Ranking

Doriki

Momonga

2250

Doberman

2000

Onigumo

2000

Dalmatian

2000

Ezra

2000

Strawberry

1750

Ainz

1750

Shuzo

1500

Yamakaji

1500

Comil

1250

Binz

1250

 

The changes to the ranking were very shocking for some, each person was at least higher than the 2x the basic limit. This in itself was considered powerful. Most were shocked at their rankings as well, Doberman was shocked that his progress on Armament Haki and Tekkai did not nail him the first position on the ranking, Momonga was also shocked as a trained swordsman, he has a high requirement on his body but he had fully focused on Observation Haki and Kami-e during the first year. Others had a similar experience, the only one who had put everything he had into training was Ezra whose figures had increased from 900 to 2000 Doriki.

“Congratulations to the 11 of you, you will be progressing to the second year of training. I really want you to think of the first year as a foundation year. You must push yourself to breaking point, then successfully break yourself into parts and lastly rebuild yourself. An award will be given out to the most hardworking trainee every year and this year goes to Rose D. Ezra.”

Instructor Z walked up to Ezra with a box in his hand. “Take it when you get back to your dorm, you really worked your ass off. Listen up, don't just learn the techniques, think about how to apply them to your fighting styles. That will be all.”

Ezra gave a nod in the direction of Dalmatian, he didn't respond but Ezra could see his tail wagging behind him. Ezra from all the years of knowing Dalmatian already understood that it was a sign of happiness.

Back to training!

Ezra continued like a mad man, he even added underwater training to his schedule. Here he could continually push his body. He found out about this cheat by chance but he was not going to shy away from getting stronger. He was not in competition with any of the captains, he only wanted to be strong enough to fulfil his dreams.

Another year of pain, blood and sweat went by. It was a very slow long year for the captains, the next day was always harder than the day before, but they all completed the training program successfully.

“You are all a bunch of madmen and women, you are the craziest bunch that has ever completed the training program. Normally the second year is difficult enough where you focus on the advanced techniques to those you learnt in the first year, but who would expect a few of you to pick up new intermediate techniques. It looks like having a Crazy person in the midst of normal people, that craziness rubs off on the others too.” Instructor Z took a glance at Ezra as he spoke. 

“Ezra, did you consume the content of the box you received this time last year?” Instructor Z asked

“Yes Sir” Ezra replied

“What do you think of the medicine?” Instructor Z asked

“It was okay Sir” Ezra replied

‘He truly is a masochist’ Instructor Z thought

“Very well, before we take the final ranking and call the training program to a close, each of you will be given a red pill. Since Ezra seems to like the pills very much we will be giving him a black pill, this will also be his reward for being the most hardworking captain this year also. Each of you, find a place to sit, close your eyes and enter meditation.” Instructor Z was going to guide the captains on how to ingest the pill properly. "Swallow the pill, I placed in your hands. Whatever you do, don't break your stance, no matter what you feel, see, hear, don't break your stance. These pills are another of Dr Vegapunks research products called the Rebirth Pill, one has to have a high enough Doriki level and tolerance to pain to completely ingest the pill. If you remember my advice to break your body down and rebuild it, that is what this pill does. As for the black pill, it has 3 times the effect of the red pill.”

Ezra could only twitch after hearing this, he almost broke his meditation. ‘Damn, I have been set up’ he thought before the pain hit him all over.

Breathe

Don't give in to the pain

Don't lose focus

Don't collapse

Bare with it, it's almost over

The rhythmic sounds of Instructor Z voice kept the Captains connected to reality. A puddle of water had already formed under Ezra he was going through something 3x more difficult than any of the other Captains.

10mins...20mins...30mins - Halfway there.

50mins...60mins 

As soon as an hour was up the effect of the pill started to reside, everyone could only let out a long breath as they felt the changes in their body. No one noticed the bloody man sitting on the floor.

Instructor Z could only praise the willpower of Ezra, as he sat there not moving as if nothing had happened. The others were shocked at the state of Ezra, every part of his body was covered in blackish-red blood.

“Sensei is he ok?” Ainz asked

“He should be fine, that should be blood filled with impurities that are very hard to get rid of from the body, after a quick rest his body will start to feel different, even strange to him.” Instructor Z explained.

Now we will begin the ranking, One by one the captains walked into this chamber and successfully graduated. Only Ezra was left to be scanned as he sat cross-legged in meditation, no one was to disturb him.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he didn't even look at the others who had been waiting for him for the past 3 hours, he walked straight to the chamber to be scanned. As soon as he stepped out the scanner showed 5000 Doriki in red text. Ezra had already reached the danger level in Doriki putting him at least at Vice-Admiral level in physical strength. 

The information of the training was already circulated amongst the higher-ups in the marines. In a meeting Instructor Z had with the Fleet Admiral, Admirals and Vice-Admirals, it was decided that these Captains will be promoted to Commodores and set to various bases across the first part of the Grand Line. Instructor Z sang all kinds of praises about Ezra, but ultimately he was a marine and had duties to perform, there was no favouritism.

At the end of the training, Ezra and Dalmatian could finally catch up. It had been more than 2 years since they met properly and training even though they were on the same island was so difficult to make time for a chat.

“Ezra back in the academy I knew you were a mad man, but now you are even more of a Psycho than you were back then. I am just happy you ended up as a marine, if you were a pirate you will probably be a tough nut to crack” Dalmatian said as he spoke to Ezra

“My starting point was worse than anyone here, you at least had Garp teaching you things. I only learnt about leadership and being a captain during my 3 years with Vice Admiral Tsuru. So I had to work extra hard and it paid off.” Ezra replied

“My assignment came in, I will be heading to G-2 base, which is not far from Drum Kingdom,” Dalmatian said nothing thinking much

“Drum ay is that not where Warhead was from” Ezra replied, this made the conversation a bit awkward. “He is gone now, no need to feel bad about it. I have been assigned to G-8 on Navarone Island” 

“Good Luck Mad God, I am sure you will shake things up over there also. I am friends with a celebrity” Dalmatian joked before saying his goodbyes.

After watching Dalmatian leave, Ezra took another look at the marine HQ which had been his home for  2 years, he looked at the town and the busy streets. He knew it was going to be a while before he was in such an environment again. This time he had been given a desk position at a base, but that didn't mean he could not patrol the seas if he wanted to, but the rank had the power to also avoid being on the frontline.

While reminiscing about all this he felt someone connect to his mind, it was a weird feeling as if someone opened a door in his mind inviting him for a conversation.

“Captain, it is me Brains, we are here to pick you up!”

One more chapter in Volume 2. Just to warn you it might end up being a longggggg chapter

82