Volume 4 Chapter 2
2.8k 10 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ring Ring

“This is the G-5 base, who's speaking?” Yarisugi replied the caller.

“Rear ADMIRAL!” Yarisugi wiped off the drool on his face, as he focused his attention on listening to the message.

“Okay, Rear Admiral Atlant. Unit 1 is currently on a secret mission. It won't be too difficult for you to mobilise Unit 3 - 5. My Unit 6 will remain at the base to protect it, Sir” he replied “I will pass the message on to the Commodores in charge of Unit 3, 4 and 5 Sir”. As soon as the call was terminated, he thought ‘What mess has Rear Admiral Atlant created, this was sure to be enough reasons for closing down the G-5 base.’

Ring Ring

“Commodore Major, we just received orders that you and your Unit 3, are to head over to Dressrosa. Something big has happened on that island all Units available have been mobilized. Sir” Yarisugi reported.

Ring Ring

“Commodore Force, we just received orders that you and your Unit 4, are to head over to Dressrosa. Something big has happened on that island all Units available have been mobilized. Sir” Yarisugi reported.

Ring Ring

“Commodore Lazer, we just received orders that you and your Unit 5, are to head over to Dressrosa. Something big has happened on that island all Units available have been mobilized. Sir” Yarisugi reported.

‘That’s all the calls done, now I can just kick back and relax.’ Yarisugi thought it had been almost 2 months since Rear Admiral Atlant left on his campaign, the base which was affected by the highly motivated Unit 2 slowly returned to their lazy casual ways. But, today it looks like something major has happened.

“Popo, get me the latest News Coo Paper, I need to know if anything had happened in the past few days” Yarisugi instructed

“Nothing Captain, I will keep an eye for any news, Sir” Popo the assistant captain of Unit 6 replied

“Ok, return to what you were doing.” After saying this Yarisugi put his legs on his desk, relaxed into his chair, covered his face with his hat and quickly fell asleep.

****

A few days later, HQ, Marineford.

A white-haired, muscular and tall man with a long, also white in colour braided goatee and moustache was seated at the head seat of a conference room.

“You all have heard the announcement of the World Government. We, Marines, are no longer needed. We will soon be wiped out and from our ashes, the new Corps will be formed. I cannot say that this announcement was unexpected, most importantly the one who stirred up the water is not here for questioning,” Sengoku said. He had aged over the past few days. The balance of good and evil he had worked hard to protect was gone. Now the marines were no longer the bridge, people could only take sides.

“Sengoku, no need to sound like that! You have always tried to manage everything. The world government might not support the marines any longer but does that mean we all have to sit here and wait till we are killed?” Garp replied.”I am sick and tired of how things have been, We all joined the Marines to protect and serve, we thought the higher our ranks the more changes we could make to improve the system. But that was not the case, the higher you got, the more restricted you were, you became dogs for the World Government.”

“Garp watch what you say” Sengoku tried to speak but was cut short by Garp

“There is no need for that, they will be sending an army to fight us soon, so what I say won’t matter in the end. But it’s time for us to think about what we are doing. You all might criticise Rose D. Ezra for being rash with his actions, but I dont. I think he is the only Marine amongst all of you. If you can only continue to side blindly then go to the World Government and beg. I am sure there will be positions for you on the new army”

“Garp, WHAT ARE YOU DOING. We should be talking about how to resolve this issue not splitting the Marines up” Vice Admiral Tsuru mentioned.

“I think Garp is right, so far we have had so many double standards of Justice in the Marines. It’s time for those who feel Absolute Justice is the way forward to make a stand for themselves” Admiral Akainu said after thinking about it for a while

“I knew you would take the offer of the World Government” Admiral Aokiji commented.

“It is not just me, some of us really have been fed up with the Marines, we don't necessarily agree with the World Government but we will create a force that will replace this. I am not hostile this time, but the next time we meet it will be on the battlefield.” Admiral Akainu said as he got up from his seat. He was followed by more than half of the Vice-Admiral and Rear Admirals.

“See what I said, Sengoku, the split had already happened a long time ago. All Ezra did was push the date for this take over forward. Let them go!” Monkey D. Garp announced, he looked at the speechless Sengoku, who looked on in disbelief.

“Garp, I will be resigning from the Marines. Those of you who are planning to stay in the Marines, think about it properly. Is it worth your life?” After saying this Sengoku stood up and walked out of the conference room also. “Receptionist, Order the mobilisation of the entire G-1 marine base, I want Rear Admiral Rose D. Ezra brought back to HQ immediately’

“Yes Sir”

***

Back on Atlantis!

It has been a few days since the battle of Dressrosa. Atlantis was stationary deep in the sea outside the stone ring of Dressrosa. The crew had finished the necessary maintenance, prisoner details and lastly the new members had been integrated, all that was left was the order to move out from their Captain.

Ezra was sitting in the Captain’s room in his hand he held on to the Hebi Hebi no Mi (Snake Snake Fruit)  Model: Horned Snake. This was the missing link in completing his transformation to Uranus. He remembered the warning he received when he ate the Mizu Mizu no Mi (Water Water Fruit), he was to avoid eating this fruit by all means until he arrived at the final island.

‘I have already announced to the world that we will find One Piece. So let’s do it.’

“Atlanteans! Let us put an end to this Era of Pirates. Set sail to Raftel” Ezra’s voice was broadcasted all over the vessel.

“Brains connect me with Shield,” Ezra said to himself

“Yes Captain”

“Omoi Omoi no Mi (Mind Mind Fruit): Mind Door”

“Shield, turn on the engines and steer the ship in the direction of the sea current. That should take us to the next Island. We might not have a log pose but the sea will take us to our destination.” Ezra instructed Shields.

“Yes Sir”

 

That's all for today.

72