Volume 4 Chapter 16
1.1k 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nagagagaga, Pervert you are back, Hic!” a smiling, green-haired overweight grandma could be seen sitting at the end of the ally way leading into the front house of the Galley-La Company. From the way she spoke it was safe to say she had been drinking for a while.

“Kokoro Ba-Chan, is Iceburg in?” Franky said, the memories of his past and how much of a psycho this old lady was put him on his guard.

“Cutty Flam, he is in, dont cause any trouble,” Kokoro said as she got out of her chair.

“Ba-chan, Ba-chan, where are we going now” a young girl in pigtails ran out of the building followed by her rabbit. She wore a short white dress with orange and red stripes. 

“Nya, Nya” the rabbit yelled

“Chimney, Gombe, Grandma is just going for a stroll” Kokoro replied as she started walking ahead.

Franky could only wipe the sweat that was starting to form on his forehead as he watched Kokoro leave. What now stood in front of him was The Galley-La Company, it was a prominent company of shipwrights in Water 7. The company, which has been established solely to build ships regardless of the customers. 

“Mozu, Kiwi, let's go!” Franky said

“Ok brother!” they replied as they stepped in.

No one noticed a long nose man wearing a white cap that kept his face covered. His orange shirt and blue sleeves were the only distinct things on him.

“Boss, The leader of the Franky family gang is here” he spoke silently into the baby den den mushi he had secured on his shirt. After the report was done he went back to work as if nothing happened.

After a few minutes, Franky, Mozu and Kiwi left the building, making their way downtown. Franky could not help but replay the conversation he just had with Iceburg.

“Cutty, take this blueprint, it is Tom’s legacy. I am in the limelight as mayor and I know people are secretly trying to get their hands on this so I am giving it to you. Stay low Cutty” Iceberg said as he gave Franky the folder containing the legacy.

 

Ryugu Palace

“Greetings King Neptune,” No 13 said as she performed a cutesy bow. “In this document, we have the instructions from our Captain. He told us to seek your help.” She passed the papers to the king's advisers who in turn passed them to the King.

In the minute it took to read the note, the Kings had gone through various emotions excitement, surprise and finally determination. “I see…….. So it has already begun. Very well, Fishman island stands with your Captain. As for the Don family, one of the two brothers left Fish-man island a long time ago. The other brother is our master shipwright here on the island as his father and forefathers were.”

“Guards Summon Den to the palace” the King ordered

A muscular merman with long, curly fair hair reaching down below his shoulders. His long and hooked nose points downward. He has a moustache and a dark, long, pointed goatee. He was smiling as he was led into the palace. He had tattoos resembling four-leafed clovers on each of his arms; this symbol is also present on the dark, short-sleeved shirt he wore. He also had on a wide-brimmed hat on his head and what appears to be glasses or safety goggles on his face. He wore a bag full of tools attached to a belt around his waist.

“Your majesty” Den bowed as he entered the palace

“Do you know of the Don Legacy?” King Neptune asked

“Yes, Your majesty” Den replied

“Is it on the Island?” the king asked again

“No, Eldest Don, Tom took it on his journey to Water 7”

“Thank you Den, I have a task for you. You will go with this lady No,13 to Water 7 to retrieve the Don Legacy. Hatchan you will aid lady Hara on her journey to Arabasta. It is time Fish-man island started its preparations as well! Summon the royal family, everyone else is dismissed.” The King said

Soon the palace was cleared leaving the immediate royals, Queen Otohime, Prince Fukaboshi, Prince Ryuboshi, Prince Manboshi and Princess Shirahoshi to discuss with the King.

“Listen to this story which you all must have heard since you were born. In the past, there was a beautiful mermaid princess who loved her people. When war broke out on land and spread to the depths of our seas, she stood up to protect our people. She awoke a power unlike ever before, a power to speak to the sea kings. With their help, she fought off the attackers and brought peace to the sea. This is what you have heard. But the legend doesn't tell you that the princess wasn't alone. She had the help of the Sea God and a champion with his remarkable ship.

Hundreds of years have gone and now we are almost at the point where the mermaid princess had to make the decision to protect her island. The battle to come will determine the fate of this world. A new mermaid princess is needed to fight alongside heroes of this generation.” King Neptune paused as he looked at his family, stopping his gaze on Shirahoshi. “That power she awoken has been dormant inside you Shirahoshi! We need you to become Poseidon by harnessing that power just like the princess of old to defend our people.”

 

A deadly silence filled the throne room.

No one made a sound, the Princes were so shocked they forgot to breathe, and Manboshi fainted in the process. No one could hide the surprise. Shirahoshi grew excited, unlike her brothers who have been trained in martial combats and ways of ruling she had been sheltered all her life. This was an opportunity to help her family and her people just like her hero did in the past.

“Shirahoshi, when you have mastered your power. I will take you to Noah” the king added.

“No not Noah…. That wouLD MEAN…” before the Queen could finish her sentence the king cut her off saying “That will be all for now, You are all dismissed!”

31