Volume 4 Chapter 20
1k 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The region of Warland far into the Grandline is considered a forbidden zone to both Marines and Pirates. Not many who have made it this far lived to tell the tales of their encounter. In the heart of Warland lies Elbaf, the land of giants. Elbaf had steep rough mountains and a huge tree around the island's centre. Everything on this island was huge, fit for the size of the giants who inhabit the land. 

On the shore, a stout giant with muscular arms, a black beard, a thin moustache and a crescent scar under his left eye sat with a war axe in his hand. He took out a whetstone which fit the size of his hand. The stony shore in front of him, the waves smashing into the stone providing the background noise as he brought the whetstone to grind the edge of his axe.

The waves initially gentle slowly picked up it’s pace. The giant fully focused as he sharped his weapon did not notice the difference in the waves.

Crash

Splash

The waves crashed into the stones as water splashed onto the giant's beard.

Looking up the giant saw an unbelievable sight, a giant made of water was walking towards the shore from the sea. Waking up from the daze, he ran to the war bell hanging on the rock not far from where he sat. With all his might he rang the bell

BONG

BONG

BONG

***

At Fishman Island

The King summoned all the fishmen shipwrights

“Don, you will lead all the shipwrights from now on. Your task is to go to Fishman district to start the preparation of the abandoned ship.” The king said

“Your Majesty! But that ship has never moved. We dont know anything about the ship or how it got there or even how to move it.” Don Den replied.

“Dont worry about how it will move. You just need to make sure that it is fixed and covered in resin” the King replied

“Yes Your Majesty!” Don Den and the other fishmen saluted before leaving the palace to start on this project.

“Summon the Army and Fisher” the King announced in the palace hall.

In a short while, the Army commander and Fisher stood in front of the King.

“Alan!” the King called out to the Army commander

“Yes, Your Majesty” Alan replied dropping to his knees.

“In the next months, I want all abled body signed up to join the army. Fisher, you and your Sun group will also join the army. A battle is coming that will affect the fate of Fishman island we absolutely cannot be caught unprepared. From now on everyone must be trained to fight” The King announced.

“Yes, Your Majesty” Alan and Fisher replied

“Dont let me down you two. The fate of our race lies on your actions from this day forward.” the King said in a serious tone, making the two fishmen aware of the responsibilities they now carry.

“We will not let you down my King” Alan saluted before leaving the palace

Fisher bowed looking at the King, knowing the final battle was drawing closer.

***

Back on the shores of Elbaf, a group of war-hungry giants had appeared. Their muscular builds and robust bodies are already lined along the shores. They donned medieval-style chain armours while holding axes, swords, and shields in their hands.

“Brothers, it has been a long time since we had any action on our shores” A giant called out

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH! That is true! Out of all the monsters we have faced. This is the first time we have ever seen or heard of a water giant” another giant replied

“Stand down, all of you!” an elderly giant with an extremely large moustache and a waterfall-like beard which went all the way down to the ground, He wore a plaid shirt, and surrounding it in the middle was a circle of teeth-shaped triangles. He also wore a fur cape with spiral designs on the shoulders.

“Chief Rorul” They all yelled as they watched the elderly Giant make his way to the shore.

“Cant you remember the legends! 

A watery giant will bring along a wave of change! 

We are a warrior race, our history goes deeper than that! 

We are the remaining army of the lost kingdom, soon we will have to fight the battle with the true enemy” The chief could not hold back his tears as he watched the watery feet of the water giant land on the stones of the shore.

***

The Atlantis remained at the bottom of the ocean where enormous sea creatures had claimed territories. With Ezra focused on controlling the water giant, the protection of the Atlantis was left to the officers.

“Shields, place a barrier on the vessel, I will use my mind power to influence any creatures that come close.” Brains said

“Barrier Barrier Fruit: Shield Bubble”

“Ok, the ship is protected. I dont know how much damage I can take before the shield break.” Shields mentioned

“Dont worry, this will do for now. We still have the Captain onboard if everything goes wrong.” Bomber replied

On the surface, the Water Giant stood in front of the Giants.

“I am …” before Ezra could introduce himself, Chief Rorul started speaking

“Your Majesty! I am Rorul son of General Wabol from 700 years ago. I was just a boy during the battle of that time. I still remember the glorious days! We have been expecting you for 700 years” Chief Rorul dropped to one knee as he put his right hand on his chest in salute.

Seeing the chief perform the ceremonial salute to the water giant. The other giants dropped down to one knee in salute.

“We knew you would come. The sea must have led you here to find the portal. We are Your Majesty’s army, you can bring your ship up!” The Chief announced

“Interesting, how did you know that the ship was in the water? It seems the world doesn't understand you warriors of Elbaf at all. We have always been told that the warriors of Elbaf are a brutish race, brave and courageous but lack the brains to back it up. But here you are in front of me as warriors who remember their past glory and are ready to stand in arms once more. Very well! I am Rose D. Ezra and I have come for the portal to the palace.” Ezra announced using the Water Giant as a medium. As he spoke, he willed The Atlantis to rise out of the sea.

 

As always let me know if there are any errors

22