Chapter 22
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

GOAT and his brothers were looking for Noah's body in Ironfort or what was left of it. It was a true mess thousands of bodies of southern people and Gorgans were rotting and drying in the cruel sun heat of Ma'Ash desert.

"they really do hate others" Ludwig said searching the bodies and breathing heavily as if he ran miles without a rest and sweating like a pig.

"pffff they all are the same, different causes but the same" Erron said he moved the bodies with his kicks and showed no sympathy he just wanted to get over with the search.

"I mean you probably are right with all the exploded vehicles and burnt bodies outside the walls I can see the southern people weren’t as different either but still, I think these Gorgans are crazy in a whole another level" Ludwig said he was sitting on his ass trying to catch his breath.

"but they do feed us good you must agree" he continued

"yeah to be honest I thought this war would end them and then we would have no more sinners to feed on but look at us" Erron said as he pissed on the bodies with a sinister smile he especially got excited when he found a Gorgan dead Raider who died with open mouth, 'the most perfect pissing pot' he thought as he swung his penis toward that Raider's mouth and kept pissing in it.

GOAT looked at him and nodded in disappointment and kept searching for Noah's body, he was the only one who took this job seriously apparently.

"you know this war reminds me a lot of the saints' war" Ludwig said. He felt bad for the dead guy who got his mouth filled with urinating.

"aaaahh you are right" Erron said and chuckled as he finished pissing and zipping up his pants "how much died back then just to say which of their stupid gods was the real one"

"good time, good times indeed" Ludwig said and stared at the ground thinking about his good old memories about the saints' war with a smile on his sweaty face.

"found him" GOAT bawled

He dragged Noah's dead body near the water pipe

"he is long gone" Ludwig said

"I can see that, it's unfortunate but you'll help me to resurrect him" GOAT said

"yeah and I simply going to give up my power to some damn human" Erron said slyly

"he is not any DAMN human he is the person who can save us" GOAT said and grabbed Erron's shirt's collar and lifted him up then locked his blue eyes on Erron's black eyes with frowned brows and tired face "and from now on you do as I say and if you don't I leave you with Enders to shove their swords in your throat and kill you once and for all because damn, the world would be better without you" GOAT's words were like nails in Erron's heart, he put him down knowing he wouldn't dare to go against him.

Erron put his hands on Noah's lifeless chest and Ludwig did the same, he didn't even try to refuse GOAT's demands.

"won't you join us GOAT" Ludwig said with a subdued voice

"I need all my power if want to go after others, you just borrow him more of your power, and don't worry you'll be safe down in Besara"

Erron and Ludwig closed their eyes and slowly Noah's body started to regenerate, his wounds healed and his heart pounded in his chest a second life was gifted to him. GOAT pour some water on Noah's face to wake him up from his deepest sleep.

"guess who saved you again" GOAT said sitting beside Noah.

"where… what…" Noah tried to talk but his mouth was too dry and he still had to use his body again. He inhaled raggedly and looked terrified.
"here drink some water, actually no you need more than some you need a lot of water but we start with this" GOAT said and gently poured some water into Noah's mouth as he lifted his head with his other hand like a father feeding his baby with a bottle.

Erron in a corner looking grumpy and angry was kicking the bodies and cursing them under his breath like they were his sworn enemies and Ludwig laying on the ground with his fat belly pressing against the bottoms of his shirt tried to get some of his energy back since he gave up a lot to save Noah.

"Remember me, the cool guy who showed you Besara. Ancient elevator? Nothing?" Goat tried to remind him of their deal but Noah jumped out of his hand and ran for the water pipe and nonstop started drinking from it. He did it for a minute or two catch his breath and drank some more again.

"he is really thirsty now wasn't he" Ludwig moved up his neck a bit and his double chin squeezed between his chin and chest looked amazed at how much water Noah could drink at once.

"I wonder if he would drink Erron's piss if there was no water here" he joked expecting Erron to shout out and cursing them out loud but Erron just walked away.

"man, I never saw him this sad, sometimes you get a lot like the father you know that GOAT" Ludwig said, he felt sorry for Erron, he hated his guts but in the end, he was family alright, and it meant a lot to Ludwig.

"don't worry he gets over it first I got to shake this guy's memory before we take him down to Besara" GOAT said waiting for Noah to finish drinking water

"Imagine how his people react when they saw him coming back to life, I'll bet they'll be like; oh my god he is a saint he must be the chosen one let's worship him and believe any shit he says and burn anyone who doesn't on a stick" Ludwig mimicked a feminine voice and giggled. it changed GOAT's mood he smiled at Ludwig and nodded "you know them well brother" GOAT said.

"my people… how? how am I alive again I… I died" Noah felt strange, empty in a way, hollow and distraught. He looked at his warriors who got massacred by Gorgans "it was too many of them, sorry" he said to the dead "forgive me, I have failed you again" he stared at the dead covered in dust under the burning sun without blinking as if he forgot he could and god knows how long he would remain motionless if GOAT didn't tap on his shoulder.

"is anyone left in Besara?" GOAT asked he didn't have time for sympathy he had to get his brothers to Besara and start his search for the rest of his family.

"the elevator!" Noah said and rushed to the closed gate it was broken and was invaded by Gorgans "No" he said looking at the entrance that got narrowed by his dead people piled over each other, "Annia was right they are savages" Gorgans have moved over the dead bodies. Southern people's bodies were covered with footprints some even were crushed by the heavyweight raiders were dragging from the stock outside.

"call Erron" GOAT said to Ludwig

"Erron, Erron" he bawled Erron slowly approached looking bitter and upset and got in the entrance stepping over the dead he didn't notice Noah and didn't care if the dead were his people.

"What are you…" Noah was about to shout at Erron but stopped as GOAT grabbed his shoulder and nodded his head "I wouldn't, he was the one who saved you after all. Now let's check on the elevator see if Gorgans have found it or not" GOAT entered after Erron, his leather jacket glowed in pink and blue in the dark passage, he tried to not step on any of the dead but in some parts, there was no place left without one. Noah followed him and Ludwig got in after him. The stock was completely raided empty Gorgans left absolutely nothing that was useful or eatable but fortunately they did not find the ancient elevator.

Noah was still in shock at how he was turned back from the dead but for now, he just wanted to see his people. GOAT found and pushed the hidden leverage and elevator, a gate moved and waves of sands was pouring down from the top of it "let's go" GOAT said and they took the elevator to Besara. As they got lower they could see the half-built ship from the distance. "damn that's huge" Ludwig said the skeleton of the ship was as big as a skyscraper even Erron was surprised however he tried to hide it, did a poor job doing that. "how long will it take to finish?" Erron asked Noah moved his neck looked at him "two years perhaps" he turned back and continued with his subdued voice "I didn't let the people who worked on the ship get top for the battle".

"Why did you even built the fort couldn't you all just stayed here minding your job and keep on living peacefully?" GOAT asked

"believe it or not Ironfort was the best trading post in the southern lands, people would come far from the west even to trade with us. We gave them food and they provided us with tools and other things that we couldn't build beside, bandits or thieves wouldn't dare to invade here only those who had something worthwhile to offer" Noah answered he saw his guards circling around the platform with guns in hands preparing for the worst "god, I don't know what to tell them, how can I look at families of those who died in the battle?" Noah said with sorrow.

"I don't know and don't care but from now on you just stick on building that ship and you'll finish it. My brothers brought you back because of your words so do as you promised" GOAT said and Noah nodded "I am a man of my word and thank you" he said to thank Ludwig and Erron "I won't disappoint you, after all, they wouldn't even be alive if that wasn't for you" Noah as broken and sad he knew still had a job to do.

As the elevator reached down guards which Annia was part of them turned pale as if they saw a ghost and remained silent for a few seconds "Noah!" Annia said with amazement waving in her voice and pointed down her gun.

0