Chapter 27
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam swung his sword lightly and concentrating heavily on his stand. As usual, the weather was foggy and from time to time mud volcanos made some strange sounds from distance but it wasn't anything that bothers him. A hot cup of tea every now and then, a warm bowl of the meal, no one daring to enter the fog and invade their privacy, and a warm bed to sleep in Adam had all he needed.

E'thus was more than kind to him to let him stay and teach him his knowledge he said; "It's my duty to teach you it's my part of the play" but Adam thought 'there were many people who had to do a lot of thing because of their duties and didn't do it so it does takes some portion of responsibility and kindness' in the other hand E'thus was no human he was the god or what human called god for centuries. The very person who people called Rimodus in west and Loharn in the east and the very same that people fought over for years in the Saintes's war.

"wrong!" E'thus said loudly as he sat in his house decking on his big wooden chair which he made it himself for his size it was his favorite place in the world.

"your mind wandered around again"

"ok, ok it's just hard with all the things you said to me but ok I'll try again" Adam tried to convince E'thus but with that golden mask on his face it was hard to know if it was working or not but as far as Adam found out he is never convinced and whenever he tries to talk in his training E'thus gives him an awkward silence look which probably means "shut up and do your job" if not worst.

Adam wiped his face with his hands and tried to focus on his stand and his swordplay didn't take him long to forget about E'thus words again. Adam thought about when E'thus called him god's chosen 'does it mean I'll be safe wherever I go?' he thought

As he swung the sword weakly 'how many more tests do I have to pass?' and exedra…

The last thing he knows, it's been a while and E'thus has left his chair for who knows how long.

"goddamit, I did it again" Adam said harshly to himself he knew he screwed it up again.

Adam got near the old water pump and tried to wash his sweaty body before he gets back and face E'thus in disappointment.

The day was almost over; Adam washed his clothes and hang them on a thin rope till they are dry but with all the fog blocking most of the sunlight it would take at least two days. E'thus had given him some sparing clothing, nothing fancy but better than naked.

Adam entered the house with heavy shoulders and a stressful look like a student who got a big F on his exam paper coming home to tell his parents about it.

E'thus had finished cooking Adam's meal, smelled ok and as always no sign of meat in it, not even a bite but it would full the belly makes you forget about hunger which is more than enough comparing to the world outside some people would kill for this very meal that Adam had.

"I'm sorry… I know I screwed up again and I have no excuse for it I'll try harder tomorrow" Adam said with a subdued voice.

E'thus handed him the plate of a hot meal and sat near the fireplace. For a while silence ruled the house and Adam started eating.

"I think god is trying to teach me something here too" E'thus said calmly.

"when you were outside I thought about my own life and my own doings of the earth since the beginning of life and I must say I did more wrong than all the humans put together" he sounded sad and empty.

"The day I found you have fallen in the mud lost and lonely I said to myself; my god, he is just like me far from home looking for a meaning"

Adam remained quiet and listened closely to him as if he just met E'thus and in a way he did. He didn't saw E'thus like this, he wasn't a god nor an angel more like a human actually a lost one like most of them like Adam himself.

"All these years I wondered if god, the real god my father, would accept me again? Will he let me in or it's too late? And I think he does now. I just forgot how forgiving how pure he was" E'thus sighed deeply and looked at Adam "but before that, I must train you I must right my wrong and prepare you for your fate Adam"

"you're wrong?"

"before you, there was another one when humans lived in caves and acted more like animals, the first Adam was supposed to led them to greatness but I took his place and became the god that you know, and instead my actions turned you to, well…" He said with a hollowness in his voice

"to what you are"

"What happened to him?"

"he turned his back on god and vanished from the face of the earth or at least that's what I want to believe in. I ruined his life I ruined my father's plan for humankind. It's you who must forgive me" Adam believed if E'thus could cry he would now, never he saw such grief in one soul like a man carrying the weight of a mountain on his shoulders and somehow not crushing but slowly, getting all his life squeezed out of him.

"I won't let things go like this again, I promise but first we need to work on my stand because honestly, it's horrible" Adam smiled and changed their mood and he did. Deep down he felt unsure to what make of all E'thus confessed to him. 'Would life they had today really be much better if he wasn't there?' he thought but he stopped the questions that drawn his mind in themselves again, he finally did it. He remained focus and that was all that mattered for now.        

0