Chapter 29
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gussar wore the warmest clothes he had and got out of his truck.

Before he walks out the door he looked at Hira, how calm and beautiful she looked just sleeping on the bed in complete silence, It made Gussar smile lightly.

"oh boss, you have no idea how happy I am to see you taking the wheels again…"

"you should hold on to it a little longer Koy" Gussar said as he walked toward Yorkka

"but…" Koy didn't get to finish his words.

"how many?" Gussar asked Yorkka

"all the raiders that I put up the towers have fallen on the ground,

they did this in the darkness of the night and before our raiders can see them, they were already falling down" Yorkka felt guilty for the loss of his raiders "I underestimated these freaks" he continued.

"I found a solution for this situation" Gussar said

Both Yorkka and Koy looked at the heavy backpack that Gussar had on his back. They had some ideas for what he was about to do but since it would be a death sentence they had to ask and make sure they were wrong.

"you're not going…"

"yes, I am going to climb the mountain and catch them off guard in their own very nest" Gussar cut through Koy's words

"ok so Yorkka going to be in charge you are going to kill yourself and I will get to have that orgy after all, and hey, everyone getting what they wanted at the end" Koy said slyly and tried to walk away before they can put him in charge of anything again.

"he had more than he can handle" Yorkka said to make Koy's childish act more acceptable for Gussar

"I know, let him rest but you will be in charge until I get back" Gussar said.

"and if you don't?"

"I will"

Yorkka didn't say anything else as a handful of raiders dressed up for the hardest climb of their entire life gathered around Gussar and followed him to the mountains' foot.

 

                                                 _ _ _

 

Gussar and his a few chosen raiders were resting in a small cave in the heart of the Hons mountain, the cave was sheltering them from the harsh cold winds for a while.

He saw regret and fear in his Raiders' eyes as they forced themselves to sleep. He knew this feeling, he lived with this feeling and he had defeated this feeling inside himself.

"you are feared" he said looking at them wrapping their blankets tightly around themselves with reddened faces and runny noses looking like a bunch of sick boys.

None of them dared to second his words though, fear was the most disgraced feeling and greatest sin for any Raider, even if they had feared all knew what happens to those who admit it.

'Raiders must fight Raiders must die'

Those were the rules.

"We are all alone here, and rules can change up in the sky" Gussar said yet he heard no response except a fit of coughs and ragged breathings nothing else came out of their mouths.

"you know of all the Raiders why I chose you to follow me in here?" Gussar said and continued "because I heard you tried to flee when Eagleborn ambushed us, you couldn't take it anymore so you wanted to take your family with you and pretend that you were never part of us"

"you left us alone what did you expect?" one of the raiders said rudely.

Gussar got up removed his blanket "to be a Raider and fight for your people"

"just like how you did it in Ma'Ash?" another raider said as he got up too.

The tension was high between them and they could get into a deadly fight any second "before I hide I managed to unite the whole Midlands, I was the one who made you miserable worms to the greatest army of the whole world, did you do that too? Before running like rats when you were needed?" Gussar voice turned stronger and louder with each word.

Both of the raiders rushed to Gussar at the same time while the others remained silent and watched as the flapping sound of punches echoed in the cave.

The two Raiders landed a few heavy blows on Gussar's ribs and face but things changed fast when Gussar blinded one of them when he shoved both of his thumbs in the Raider's eyes.

The blinded raider crawled on the ground covering his eyes shouting for help, still the rest just watched.

Gussar with a heavy nonstop pack of punches crashed the other one's face until his nose was deformed eyed bloated and covered in red of his blood but Gussar was not finished yet.

He dragged both of them from the collar of their furry clothes and threw them off of the cliff.

The blind one screamed loudly till the end, others could hear his voice turning lower as he was falling until he was swallowed by the clouds underneath them and the other probably was dead already when he was thrown off.

Gussar looked at the rest as if he dared anyone who had a problem with him and his way to stand up and fight, indeed non dared. They were still sitting watching blood running on Gussar's cheek with blacked cheek breathing deeply.

After a few second other slept easily, fear was still in them but it wasn't from the height of the Hons mountain neither from cold or death but from the man who companied them and as long as they obey his orders they could sleep at ease.

 

                                                  _ _ _    

 

At dawn Gussar and his twenty-eight raiders, there were thirty-five of them when they started to climb but Hons mountain will always get its sacrifices but eventually, they reached where Eagleborns built their houses near Thir's cave where the legendary beast was resting.

With their guns in their hands' Raiders prepared to kill all of them

even if they were outnumbered hundred to one a full clip of auto rifle magazine could balance the odds in their favor besides there was not much Eagleborns could do with their sharp claws when their feet were on the ground.

Gussar ordered to kill whoever resisted and gather up the rest near the cliff he wanted to show them how does it feel to fly with no wings, the same thing they did to Gorgans.

Eagleborns caught completely off guard didn't know what to do in this situation some tried to fight with whatever they had, they got a bullet between their eyes some cried for help, and cursed the raiders the same thing happened for them. The exhausted raiders spared the obedient only and didn't bother themselves with compromising much, bullets would do all the compromising for them.

Twenty-eight raiders managed to gather about a thousand Eagleborns near the cliff in a few hours, a thousand of people who were too scared to do anything but to listen and obey. Gussar separated their children so any sudden movement would result in the death of them so if the guns didn't do the trick life of their precious children would.

Gussar saw a man with Eaglebon clothing near the huge cave's gate. He ordered his raiders to keep the hostages calm. He heard once Thir lived here on top of the Hons mountain but Gussar thought she was long gone years ago but as he entered the cave he witnessed the being of the majestic beast with his own eyes.

Nobleness and terror both lived within this creature he heard stories, but to see her was something else. 'if she had her left-wing still working even the whole raiders would be wiped out of existence in the matter of minutes' Gussar thought.

"extraordinary isn't she?" Sabu said and Gussar quickly pointed his gun at him. For a moment Gussar had actually forgotten he was following him.

Sabu showed his empty hands to let him know he does mean no harm.

"I know my Eagleborns have killed many of you these past few days but please do understand that we have to protect our home just the same thing as you do" Sabu said calmly

"We have no home; you people took it from us years ago. Where was your understanding then ha? Tell me" Gussar said angrily almost ready to shot him.

"alright, just whatever you do to us please spare our mother Thir. She already has been through a lot I beg you" Sabu said still calm but worried.

"will she be able to fly?" Gussar asked

"you wouldn't be here if she could, wouldn't you say?"

"I never had any intention to kill her that is not my way"

"so you Gorgans do have honor"

"for likes of you, no, for the creature who put an end to both of the empires, I'll always have"

"before you decide to kill all of us can I propose a deal that can favor both you and us and our mother Thir too," Sabu said sounding truthful.

"Talk"

"As you can see there is a lot of fallen feather in here and you saw how we crafted wings with them, if you let my people leave and let us take care of Thir, I'll give you a monthly supply of the feathers and we show you how to craft them and how to use them to fly"

"and how do I know you will keep your word?" Gussar asked doubtfully

"Because I can't afford anyone else to die from my people, you saw there are not many of us left a thousand perhaps and I need them all to keep our mother safe" Sabu said righteously and waited for Gussar's answer.

Gussar aimed down his weapon "my men will expect feather each month, you miss one month and I'll come for you all, and this time I'll end you" he said and signed Sabu to follow him outside.

Gussar ordered his raiders to put their guns away. Raiders would soon learn to fly then no man on earth or in the sky would be safe from their sight.

What if wolves could fly? Raiders would soon be the answer to that question.

0