Hell Challenge
76 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cutting Wing (Dxwer).

Arms (Hare), Legs (Jikon), Skin (Iure), Blood (Nweq), Strength (Basc), Endurance (Gifranda), Spikes (Erindai), Eyes (Riyazu), and Flexibility (Keyluf).

Both of them are mad lads.

Mana thought internally but Rogue's words had finally created a backlash.

This is the Serene Heart Sect. Any student here is either rich or extremely talented. Even when considering the separate wing full of orthodox cultivation disciples.

"Worms?" Mira stood up, a sneer stretched through her lips.

"We know about you, Rodger Growsky. You failed last year because you were defeated by a group you considered friends, right? Senior Goat explained everything to us," she pointed at a few other students.

'Senior Goat? Greatest of all time? That's a title for waifus… could it be,' Mana's thoughts diverged, not particularly interested in Rogue's past since it cannot be particularly exemplary.

"Oh, yeah, that Bitch," Rogue grinned, "What can I do about that? I underestimated my feelings and held myself back. If you actually believe that Goat and White Heart are anywhere near my level of talent," he sneered, "then ask the cheeks slapped by Black Heart the next day."

Mira was shocked and stunned.

This was pure arrogance at this point.

"Teacher, he is insulting one of the seven heart masters!"

"Mira, these are just words. In the inner-level courses, we all are taught the virtue of tolerance… and, how should I put this…" Vincent smiled wryly.

"Vedra… or better known as Senior Goat was put out of commission for eleven days by Rodger. It was an official match right after the exams were concluded."

The tip of Rogue's nose almost shot through the roof.

"Now sit, newbie," Rogue emphasized with a mocking grin.

"As I was explaining graciously. Information by itself is worthless. Its use depends on the wielder of that piece of knowledge. For example," Rogue's expression turned serious.

"If I found out that Vedra committed a few illegal acts to compete with me. It was a great effort on her part. But since White Heart covered for her, Black Heart decided to teach his younger brother a lesson ie the cheeks he slapped."

"That sounds… so wrong," Dharma cringed.

"Right?" Dharma looked towards Mana only to observe his green pupils vacant and a dirty smile stretched across his lips.

"Now, had I divulged the information to the examiner at that point, Vedra would be the one to reattempt the first semester…

But how could I?

I took my defeat like a man. And then I beat the living shit out of Vedra.

And, I got her master brutalized, too."

His words made many admire him.

And many more looked at him quizzically.

"But… you have to start over…" One of them stated.

"Heh? So? I already know the entire syllabus. I'm gonna rule the tests from now on," Rogue smiled finally, "See this? I'm a peak rank 1 cultivator. Heh, let's see how long it takes all of you to reach this step to at least give me a good fight."

"And you!" Rogue pointed at Mira, making the sweet girl shiver, "You just raised your own bully."

Her desperate eyes seeked hope from Vincent for him to only yawn a little as if extremely unimpressed by the entire situation.

"I think we have diverged enough from the topic at hand. Yes, where were we?" Vincent spoke up, deflating Rogue's presence instantly and making Mira sigh.

"Now that we have seen a peak rank 1 origin, it is time for comparison. This—" As Vincent spoke, a grey colored orb much smaller than Rogue's appeared in front of Vincent.

"— is a peak rank 5 origin."

The students gasped simultaneously.

Attention loving whore…

Rogue pouted, his shoulders slumping.

"Just like Rodger, I have an A-rank Aptitude of 89 rpm."

Rogue's lips spread into a smug grin and he straightened up instantly.

"However, I shall start with my element. The color of my origin is grey-silver but my element is not related to earth or metals in any way. My element is a rare Shadow element."

"Sir!" Mana raised his hand instantly, his eyes regaining its lost luster from the point Rogue began his sobbing backstory.

"Yes?" Vincent smiled.

"Many Shadow users are perverts, right? I read a report that stated out of every 10 shadow wielders, 9 or them have peeked into the private lives of many… sir, how many bathrooms did you peek in?"

"Every girl in our sect is already marked. My most humble bow, sir," Rogue picked on, bowing to the blushing Vincent as others looked towards Vincent with horror… and hidden fanaticism. Envy for his ability.

"H-how dare you?! Can you not see the runes on my origin? There is not a single rune related to concealment of presence."

Equally outraged at such a lost opportunity, Mana slammed his palms on the table, "Sir, then think! Invent a rune that can help you peek while giving a moral high ground! Teach us the way!"

Admiration flickered in Rogue's eyes.

"What…" Vincent huffed, "the hell are you on about?"

Realizing his mistake, Mana looked around. Now, the gazes of disgust turned towards him and most of them belonged to the females.

But not losing his nerve just yet, with the gambler's mind of risking it all, Mana slowly began.

"I mean, runes that conceal presence are most easily detected by elements majoring in the task. Your origin is marked by 7 chain runes that should be a part of a complete rune set and 10 single set runes. In total, 45 runes. Out of all of them, you didn't assign a single one in detection!"

Out of 40 disciples and Vincent, almost half of them felt their expressions change.

Can he read all the runes?

Doubt filled the disciples' minds as they turned to look towards the amazed Vincent.

'Safe…' Mana gulped softly.

He needed to change the direction of conversation someway. One of the methods, and the easiest, in fact, was to impress everyone simultaneously.

But in the room, one student saw through Mana's intention.

'He is a pervert and a genius… and rich… he's the package friend.' Rogue came to a stunning realization.

"Ehm, that's right," Vincent coughed.

"The chain runes are still not in your syllabus so I won't be discussing those… yet. Anyway, is there something else you would like to ask?"

Mana shook his head and sat down.

Soon, the lecture resumed its natural course with Vincent detailing on the remaining procedures of the awakening until recess.

---

"Let's go to the canteen!" Rogue stood from his seat while many students slowly took out tiffin boxes out of their bags.

"Hmm? I can get you anything from the canteen, why waste our time with fools who believe whatever they hear?" Rogue spoke loudly, making Mira's ear twitch as she turned back and gazed at the highest, center most desk with Rogue looking down on her.

"Hmm? What's that mean glare about?" Rogue inquired.

"You already know," Mira spoke while opening her tiffin box.

"Yeah? So what? You're a fool, still."

"Just wait until I reach peak rank 1!" Mira growled.

"A fool, a dumb one at that!" Rogue cackled.

By now, Dharma and Mana were already eating their sandwiches. Sam opened his box to reveal a box full of pasta, making Dharma and Mana eagerly invite the boy to the cool desk.

"What did you say?" Mira stood up. Anger flickering in her gaze as she walked towards Rogue and soon stood in front of him.

"Just because you're Black Heart's disciple doesn't mean you can shit on me. I made a mistake back then, but it's true. You did fail and now I find out the truth… which is even dumber than Vedra's words!"

Moat disciples kept to themselves but a few eager ones still enjoyed the show.

"I think Rogue will back away," Dharma concluded.

"Like hell he will," Mana scoffed.

"Yeah, I agree. Rogue admitted that he brutalized Vedra… What's stopping him now?" Sam reasoned, half of his tiffin box already empty, the contents of which filled the desperate gaps of Mana's and Dharma's sandwiches.

"Hah, who cares about him?" Rogue mocked, "But do you think by the time you reach peak rank 1, I already won't be rank 2, or possibly rank 3 origin cultivator?"

His words turned Mira silent.

That's right. Growth is not limited only to oneself.

This thought flickered in everybody's mind.

"Then I'll beat you to it," Mira proclaimed. A confident expression leading her words.

"I will become a rank 3 origin cultivator before you!"

"Fine by me! If you don't, I'll just turn your life into a living hell then!" Rogue grinned.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about that. Hell is something you strive in. A bloke like you won't understand."

"Anyone can say anything stupid with confidence but that doesn't make it philosophical, you phenomenal idiot," Rogue crossed his arms as his gaze turned eerily dark.

"You don't know the first Ha of hell."

Mira blinked, recoiling slightly while Mana and Dharma looked at each other.

"Do you?" Mana inquired.

"Nah…"

"I think… Rogue just said something stupid while trying to sound amazing, too," Sam whispered when Rogue turned around, glaring at Sam.

"Hell is real, boy. And believe me… you would wish for it to be just a simple pit filled with boiling oil."

"Really?" Dharma smiled.

"Explain," Mana nodded.

"Hell is…" Rogue but his lips, averting his gaze from the trio while Mira grew curious.

"It is when you lose something important to you. Something so great that the memory of it haunts a person for the rest of their life!

No physical pain can amount to the damage hell can cause…"

Holy shit… does Rogue really have a dark backstory?

Doubt clouded everybody's mind and even Mira felt monetarily guilty.

"I… lost my harddrive…"

"Oh, my, fucking gawd!"

Everyone groaned almost instantly.

"Hey, then heaven must be finding old songs that you never knew the name of but enjoyed it deeply!" Dharma reasoned.

"Or old memorable porn," Mana whispered.

"True dat," Sam and Rogue nodded.

"Remember, if I reach rank 3 before you, I'll have you apologize to me in front of the whole Sect for how you talked to me," Mira interjected.

"Oh, you're still here?" Rogue turned back and shrugged, "If I become rank 3… hmm, yeah, I'll make you stand on your hands outside the sect gates. Be sure to wear your favorite skirt then!"

Rogue grinned, making his phantom followers admire him further.

6