Have Fun Being a Loser (1)
106 9 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"In essence, aside from attacks directed towards your dicks, neck, and eyes, anything goes. If Professor Green Heart's disciple wins, he will be officially considered the eleventh Rogue. If Professor Black Heart's disciple wins, he will get one month of exclusive usage of the extremely rare console, PX 8.

The terms of defeat are either surrendering or losing consciousness.

Now, position yourself," Big Mac crossed his arms while Rogue and Mana took their positions.

"Hey~!"

"What's going on?"

Dharma and Mana shivered. Looking back, Dharma faced the twins from B section as they looked over with a curious expression.

"Master asked us to get here as quickly as possible. Why are Rogue and Mana fighting each other?" Hina inquired with a hint of anxiousness in her voice.

"I still don't know," Dharma shook his head with a bitter expression.

"It's impossible. In a one-on-one… nobody in the second-year can hold against Rogue, much less a newbie."

Standing beside his younger sisters, Drake looked on impassively as Hina pouted.

"Why do you say so, Brother? Didn't you win against Master Pink? You can easily take on Rogue!" Mina pouted and looked towards Dharma for support, "You think so, too, right?"

"No," Drake chuckled, "Rogue defeated me quite a few times in one-on-one. He's a brute and a talent."

Hina and Mina's expression crumbled as they slowly turned their impassive stare towards Rogue.

Meanwhile, with a huge smile, Big Mac yelled.

"Begin!!"

"Let's have fun!" Rogue grinned happily and shot towards Mana.

His speed already made many of Rogue's new classmates realize the difference between a true origin cultivator and newbies as he was simply too fast.

Even Dharma gulped for a second.

"It's no use," Lilia commented from afar.

"Left hook," Chrome whispered.

"Hmm?" Lilia looked towards him in confusion.

'He's coming. I can see him. No obvious signs of enhancement,' Stepping back quickly, Mana found Rogue to be quite relaxed.

'Right now is the best moment to take him out. One hit victory.

But…'

Enjoy the sect to the brim!

An aged, kind voice resounded within Mana.

'But a victory like that is no fun! I want to dominate battles, too!' Mana stepped aside, avoiding a disastrous left hook but seeing Rogue's face tilting slightly and his guard down due to the great range of motion, Mana moved instantly.

A left hook of his own.

Thud.

A dull thud echoed as Rogue stopped in his movement while Mana took away his reddened fist. He wasn't hurt but the blood covering Rogue previously was slightly covering his fist.

"That stung," Rogue smiled, entering a more solid position this time.

'Oh, the newbie has some experience. Good thing I placed a bet on him. Fudge made the odds too great to not try and bet on the underdog! You can do it! Half of the sect council has placed a bet on you, Mana!'

Big Mac licked his lips.

'This can be troublesome. I placed a bet on you, arrogant bastard,' Drake thought internally, 'Don't you dare lose to a newbie… I could lose an entire month of stipend!'

"Yes! He can win!" Hina pumped her fists while Dharma observed Rogue.

'That punch would have affected even me but Rogue just took it as if he wasn't hit by. fist but a pillow. God damn… Mana, I'll visit you in the hospital daily… and report how great I'd become in CIFA.'

"Come," Rogue beckoned with his fist.

"No," Mana stood in a relaxed posture. A dangerous glint in his eyes as he felt his fist aching slightly.

"You, come to me," Mana beckoned with a smirk as Rogue simply shot forward once again.

Instead of stepping back and creating distance once again, Mana readied himself in the same position and once he saw a punch squarely reaching for his torso, he suddenly vanished from Rogue's vision.

'Behind!' Turning around with a kick, Rogue felt something touching his heel but Mana was nowhere to be found once again.

"Booh!"

Mana called out from behind once again, standing in his original position.

"Well, damn!" Lilia commented and Chrome nodded in understanding.

"He's… playing around…" Drake growled, angered by Rogue and Mana simultaneously.

"I always thought that it couldn't occur in real life," Rogue turned and smiled towards Mana.

"Isn't it hard to jump around using fists and kicks?" Rogue inquired since that is the very thing Mana performed.

Using Rogue's fist and kick as a pivot to easily jump over him back-to-back.

"I got used to it," Mana smiled.

"Huh, what if I did this?" Conjuring his origin, a particular rune on the black orb lit up and instantly, all of Rogue's blood turned pitch black.

Even the splatter on Mana's fist.

"Hmm?"

Looking at his trembling hand, Mana found the left side of his body heavier.

'Dark element represents heaviness and stealth. Rogue's runes are more straightforward and one of them represents Blood. So… he actually makes his own blood heavier?

No, that's counterproductive. He shouldn't have been able to move—'

"That's the whole point," Rogue grinned as he realized what was going through Mana's head. "Most of my runes currently are meant to train my physique. Temper my body actively and passively using the origin itself."

"Now, I'd like to see how you can jump around like a monkey."

'It's certainly hard. But no point in taking more risk.'

Thinking till here, Mana entered a battle stance, too. However, instead of using more energy to operate his left arm, he let it lay idle.

"Can you even move in this state?" Mana inquired.

"You tell me," Rogue skipped a few steps.

'Well, damn,' Mana smiled, truly impressed.

'And he hasn't even begun using other runes… can I make him use all his runes?' Mana thought.

'It won't be possible to win if I experience the entirety of Rogue's strength and losing is no fun, too…'

Leaning to his left and dodging Rogue's fist, Mana spun and created distance only for Rogue to cover it easily.

Seeing that he won't be able to dodge easily, Mana revealed his left side was a front for defense.

There was more than one reason why Mana didn't want his right injured.

Two of these hung down, too.

"A rational judgment," Chrome commented.

"Yeah, he cannot use his left arm properly so it won't matter if it's sacrificed or not. But this kind of mentality…" Lilia frowned.

"Exactly," Chrome revealed a deep expression, "But Rodger doesn't like to hold back and never mastered the art of containing his strength…"

"Yep, he's flying alright. Red bull's not the only thing that can give you wings after all," Lilia snickered.

Looking towards her somberly, Chrome nodded, "Humorous."

Thud!!

"Holy. Fuck!"

"Did you see that? Rogue's a beast!"

"He flew, he fell. That's the circle of life. We live, we die. I'm enlightened…"

"Two of our classmates are going to be hospitalized today."

"I kind of liked Mana… sigh, he was so young."

"Ah, he stood up."

"Still, so young…"

Many disciples sighed.

Looking at his left arm hanging down hauntingly, Mana furrowed.

'It's dislocated. Nothing I'm not used to. Let's keep going!'

"You alright?" Rogue inquired once he noted Mana's injury, lowering his guard just by the slightest when Mana's kick struck his temple squarely.

Dizzied, Rogue's stepping turned slightly shaky as he shook his head with a frown.

"Woah! Do that again!" Rogue smiled as he returned the favor by charging towards Mana and striking the surprised Mana on the ground.

"Man, you need to take care of your arm. Just surrender."

"I won't let anyone monopolize my gaming console," Mana stated seriously.

Seeing the determination in his eyes, Rogue nodded.

His dark gaze revealed utmost respect for the newbie pinned down.

You truly have what it takes to be a good friend.

A tempered spirit of determination and will.

Raising his fist, Rogue finally struck down.

Hard.

Support the releases on patreon by reading upto 10 chapters ahead under the first two tiers. Of course, only if you can support a poor ghost author like me~

3