The taste of victory
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is the day I see the fruits of my progress, I know am still not strong enough to beat it with pure strength but I came up with a plan that might just give me an instant win. And even if I don't succeed I can still run away with Luisa's help and try again later, even if am sure a loss would totally destroy my morale.

Anyhow, I have located with Luisa a couple of days ago one of the devils that seemed lost from its group and was sitting in a place way too similar to the one where I saw my very first devil, so am having some kind of nostalgia deciding to fight it there but this gives even more meaning to this rematch, which I am totally gonna win.

I am currently on the top of a tree observing it with Luisa at my side, it might be a trap but it was worth the risk and it is not like Luisa did not level up during our time here she fought many of these devils that we met by coincidence so am sure we can escape, just hope am not gonna get a surprise evolution in the middle of our run.

Now was no more the time for thinking it was time for me to execute my plan.

*fwoos*

I must not show much hostility from the start so I casually(I try to at least) drop to the ground walk out of the bush and approach the monster, It was as if I could hear the crass cracking against my legs breaking them, screaming to me that I was not ready yet and that I should back away, but no running away anymore I will face my foe and show it who is the boss around here.

The monster noticed and turned to look at me but it was curious so it did not do anything other than look at me, holding 3 three small rocks in my hand I focus and take a mental note of my targets, waist, heart, and horn, I knew that if I just attacked it normally with a  lot of rocks it would probably dodge them thinking am trying to blind it so I could attack it by surprise but with only 3 mere rocks it will probably think am a playful monkey or either a terrified one, trying to act brave and face it, and even if this part of the plan failed I still had some backup plans.

*Fwoosh*

I throw all three rocks at the same time 1 with my left hand, to the  waist, the creature is very skinny so I think that an injury there will be a very big minus in combat, plus it just looks so much attractive like I just wanna cut it in half, with my second per of hands I throw one at where a human hearts location should normally be,  between its lungs in the middle of  the chest slightly to the left of the breastbone,

and the third I is thrown by the host monkey I told it to only summon a small hand coming out of behind my right hand so it would not notice it the problem was that the hand was the exact size as mine and it could not make it smaller but it seems the ghost hand does not need to go out completely just like half of it overlapped on mine, using my momentum it will aim using the fingers and throw by slightly deviating itself without notice it throws the rock to its horn, will probably look like I missed my hit but I just think that removing the weapon that is most likely to give me a fatal injury is a good choice, so if I remove one of its horn's I will be a bit safer from a head slam and will even be capable of using the other horn and profiting form the desiilibr in its body to slam it down using what I learned from my two years of judo, of course, I had just added 2 rock that would arrive at random positions just to distablize it if it ever noticed what was going on.

*fwoosh*

The 2 rocks in plus totally missed the target and goes to it's right, while the 3 others are safely aimed at their targets.

ready for impact....

wait...

NOW!

At your orders master.

In that instant, the rocks turn into sword cutting the monster's waist with a clean horizontal cut that cut about a fourth of its waist, it seems its a weak point even if the sword did not go fully through and stopped about halfway in, the sword for the hurt broke on the monster's scales on the impact but still pierced it a bit and was stuck on it, for the other one the monster had maybe noticed and had put his open hand in front of it to book the long thin sword that now had cut its hand to the point it was unusable.

"eiiii"

It cut its hand in that instant,  knowing it would only trouble it cut its right hand and then weirdy the blood from the cut hand stops immediately, the monster seems to have control over its blood flow seemingly, but something was off about how it defended itself when it noticed the attack, but just what is it that is troubling me so much? I can't think of that right now I need to go to the second phase of the plan.

*swish*

I feel a breeze of wind pass by me and in an instant, I find the monster in front of me hanging its claws in the air preparing to cut me in half if I did not react, I had to switch to the third phase now and fast it seems, I had underestimated my opponent and am clearly paying the price now.

💠 Spirit of Nobunaga ACT one on.

The next instant I feel tremendous strength and wisdom go through me, a small transparent yellow light envelopes me.

『 Strengthening LV5』Activated.

With that, I barely manage to dodge the incoming strikes by side stepping to the right.

ghost phase 4.

coming right up!

Just then the ghost monkey takes its form in a big sized monkey with very distinct muscles that was over 2 matters large and comic out of my back we made the same size as the monster, it seems to be wary that the monkey and I could actually separate and attack from two sides at the same time so it doesn't throw itself on us and tries to give small precise attack to both of us, it did not know the ghost monkey would not take damage from its attacks so that was a very good advantage just had to keep it.

After a while of dodging the monster attacks, I move forward dodging a sidekick going for my left lungs and have the ghost monkey punch it on the head with all its strength.

*BAM*

The next instant the monster is immediately drawn back and has its head hit the ground as a result of it trying to hold itself to the ground by firing its legs in position, which leads to a ninety degrees turned seiza posture, those meant that the ghost monkey had enough power to actually damage the monster so that was very good news.

*fwoosh*

Then the devil instantly goes back up and readies itself for the second round, at this point I think it is convinced I and the ghost monkey cannot go in separate directions which will lead to another free hit for me.

*SWISH*

I immediately jump away to the right when the monster throws itself at me and have the ghost monkey go to the left the most it could before I had it uncasted, that made it look like we got into separate directions, but that also meant we had to move fast it would not last long separated from my body, the monster seems to have its focus on the ghost so I snatch some grass up the ground and have them turn into a dagger sizzed sword, it does not notice what I did preparing for the ghosts right fist, taking it at full power it's body bends again but not as much as last time to my side not it's back completely vulnerable to me, it then surprises me and uses the momentum to turn its left hand and go for a clean cut on the ghost's body, I act fast and have the sword pierce the monster's injured waist as much as I can before having it slice through its body and make and empty space in it,s body  like a very small window to what was behind the monster, the when the monster reaches the already disappearing ghost it looks as if it actually cut its hand which I profit off and have it go back to me as if it was requesting healing from the attack it recieaved.

Everything was going like the plan and I was capable of hiding my powers' capabilities, now was time for phase three.

So I permanently uncasted the ghost after a few random punches with it on the monster stepped back and moved away to some bush and put in some more power in the fighting spirit.

🌸  Spirit of Nobunaga ACT two on.

My white hair starts to turn into a slight brown red and the yellow light gets more the shape of a red flame dancing around me, this was the form just  1 other Act behind the last form of Nobunaga's spirit I can keep this form as long as I want to while the last form would only last 10 seconds before big signs of exhaustion on me, but I still have to not use the other skills I could not have the high elf conjure more than 1 sword each 10 minutes too so that was very bad news but the power and fighting knowledge I got from this form was very worth it.

Then I use my leg to take out a small place of wood I had very well-chosen during the night using Nobunaga's final forms knowledge.

I had no preferences and Nobunaga had knowledge of many different fighting styles so I chose a Tachi sword, it might limit my movement more than a katana but it is 5 centimeters longer than a Katana which will help me reach my enemy, of course, it had a bit more chance to break on the monster's scales but I could just reuse pre-made injuries or trust the power of the Japanese fighting styles, and I was smaller than my opponent so having my sword go under the scales of my opponent was an easy task indeed.

"fuuu..."

I hold the sword down merely touching the ground as if I was gonna draw it, this sword was usually used on horses because it was very long but I had no horse, so I have to think very well of how to attack as my movement was very limited and my opponent very fast, but I found a solution to the speed problem.

《Skill 『Portable moon LV1』 activated 》

《Skill 『Mooncancer LV4』 activated 》

《 Skill 『Portable moon LV1』 is being boosted by the effect of 『Mooncancer LV4』》

《needed boost amount reached skill 『Portable moon LV1』 is temporarily changed to 『Portable moon LV3』》

《 Skill 『Mooncancer LV4』 is being boosted by the effect of『Portable moon LV3』》

《needed boost amount reached skill 『mooncancer LV4』 is temporarily changed to 『Mooncancer LV5』 》

《needed boost amount reached skill 『Portable moon LV3』temporarilyarly changed to 『Portable moon LV4』》

《 Skill 『Mooncancer LV5』 is being boosted by the effect of『Portable moon LV4』》

《needed boost amount reached skill 『Portable moon LV3』temporarilyarly changed to 『Moon field LV1』》

《needed boost amount reached skill 『mooncancer LV5』 is temporarily changed to 『Mooncancer LV6』 》

《 Skill 『Moon field Lv1』 is being boosted by the effect of 『Mooncancer LV6』 》

The hall area now covered by a dim transparent blue light gave it some Japanese traditional feeling.

*Fish*

The monster trying to approach me I have both my hands rotate about 95 degrees up and slightly cut the incoming claws, repelling my opponent for a small moment.

Flashbang!

The small ball of light appears and instantly goes away leaving a small flash blinding my opponent, I get my left hand to stop holding the sword grip and get it to the back of the blade's handle to give it a small push, I jump forward to my opponent's torso area and jam the sword in the injury caused by the sword that had hit the monster in its supposed heart, The sword smoothly goes through and pierces the devil going from one side and shooting from the other.

Then the monster looks at me with a  redish mouth full of blood, again that smile...I just wish to cut its head and not see it again but my sword was stuck and I had to get it out and fast.

*fwoosh*

I take off the sword; using the monster's torso as stepping stone to jump backward dogging the incoming hit, but I get my calf gravely injured and cut, blood spreading out very fast.

Then the small haling monkey that was hiding just over a bush moves just a bit to approach e to proceed in healing.

Few ...feeling much better. Nevertheless...

Damn it! So its heart is not there, Maybe I should continue attacking its waist, no there was no way it would let me, I have to think fast.

*Siwish*

Trying to dodge while thinking is hard but I can do it!

*FWOOSH* 

*SLAM*

I dodge a first that was coming right down at me and side steps to the right turn around to face the devil then walk backward making more distance between us.

Think! There must be some detail I noticed during our fight! Something about a weak point! It must have tried to protect it or something...

*SIWTCH*

Something weird about its attitude...

*SLASH*

I GOT IT!

*SLAM* 

How did I not notice it sooner? It protected its horn earlier not because it noticed the attack, the thing that was off is that it moved its hand to the rock even before it started, its horn must be its weak point or something, I know its a high bid, but I don't believe it was ready to lose a hand for just a horn.

*SLAH*

I dodge again an incoming down kick by the monster that had leaped through the air.

I need you to me this sword's cutting edge and the rest of it but just a bit less! 

I need light to focus on the buffs too.

Sword Throw about 4 swords on the opponent on my signal, and and have ghost summon 2 hands and hold two others.

💮Spirit of Nobunaga Final ACT on.

『 WindSlah Lv7』Available for one use.

Failed to load other skills.

 

I instantly skill to the third art And have myself enveloped with the red flames that grow bigger before going away leaving me into a human form,  A green kimono, and hair in a traditional chonmage style.

NOW!

Swords conjure from the ground lunching at my opponent he doges them with international athlete-level moves, and lunches towards me even if his stance was slightly misplaced, a good occasion for an attack but I still had to wait.

*Slash*

3seconds.

*creak*

The monkey hands forming a bit far from my back and on a way upper level stoped the devil's strike leaving him open to future attacks.

*fwoosh*

5seconds.

I swing my sword diagonally using the wind Slah skill.

Cutting through the monster's front leaving a probably deadly scar for a human.

I then use the spider still situate on my right-hand wrist and have it shoot a web through my kimono sticking to the monster's face, it tries to remove it using its left hand but the monkey hands immediately stop it.

6seconds.

I then push its head forward to me and then I give the order to the spider to detach itself to the web, Then I wing my sword to the monster's right horn And cut it using the heated sword.

7seconds.

The monsters horn seem to contain some kind of organ that actually used some kind of mucus to cover its wound and was beating similarly to a heart, I would say it is how this monster's body is everywhere but I saw the other injury I made and it totally did not react that way.

My guess was right!

Now I had to wing the other horn but cut it off completely from the body this time.

*Fwoosh*

I immediately cut the monster's left horn from its very point of connection to the head putting in all my strength and removing a part of the devil's skin with it.

8seconds.

The monster seemed to have been mobilized, the other part of the right horn that was not cut was beating way slower than I had moments not even a second ago.

This feeling safe I uncast the Nobunaga forme while just in case I summon the full form of the monkey ghost to my side to protect me in case of danger and need for immediate action.

*bum*

The monster falls to the ground while its supposed heart stops beating, It was supposedly dead but I was not sure yet.

●U have leveled up1

●U have leveled up!

●U have leveled up!

●U have leveled up!

then...

...this means that I.

That I beat it...

That I won...

And am not even gonna collapse to add to that!

*pof* 

Okay maybe I exaggerated about the collapsing part,  I think after I ironically fall to the ground on my back now laying there looking at the soon to set sun.

"hiii..!"My mouth stretches into A big wide smile.

*Plock*

tears fall down my eyes.

I did it.

I did it, guys.

I might have only killed one but this was a small step to a bright future.

I did it, mother!

"Your quite the special guy huh?"

#

Somewhere, in something....

Someone was fighting hard.

Not for fame.

Not to protect who she loved.

But to go back to her beloved son.

Am coming back little sengoku...

3