Chapter 36 – Fight!
3.9k 17 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Fuck I'm so nervous...] I will be fighting Morus, the one that is chosen by Lefer 'The Guardian' himself.

"You alright?" She asked. 

"I'm fine I'm fine." I reassure her. [Why am I so nervous around her?] Not only do I feel a lingering feeling that I might lose but also this feeling of wanting to lose, I don't get it. 

Though that line of thought was interrupted by, "A female knight from the empire versus the pupil of the guardian Lefer-sama!" The crown that was forming around the arena. "I can't wait for this one!"

[Shut up shut up! I don't want to be called a knight from that place!] I gritted my teeth at the very mention of that. [Will that follow me to my grave?!] Before I could fume my anger. 

"Seriously are you alright?" Morus holds to my shoulders and looks at me with concerned eyes. "Did the mention of you from the place called the empire made you mad?" Bingo. 

I was shocked that she figured it out so easily. "U-uhm n-no..." I try a feign attempt to deny it but, "Don't worry, I don't like digging through people's past." Morus passed through that instantly. 

[I can't really hide it huh...?] I could try to not bother talking about it but it might be bad to not tell it from someone who's concerned about me. 

"I only care about—" I interrupted what she was saying, "I used to be a former knight." I try tell her my story. 

"I wanted to—" This may be her revenge for interrupting her but Morus interrupted me back. "Shh, don't worry about it." She stop my story by putting her finger to my lips. 

"I don't need you to explain to me your life." She said as she pulls back her arm. "I only care about what you are right now and the fact that we will be opponents later." It's something so simple, yet the effect it had on me is tremendous. 

"...'I only care about you right now'..." It tugs me like I should never have. [In all my life people only thought of me for my status and their ambitions.] They never thought of my abilities as a warrior more than a hobby for me to play, so never took me seriously. [...That's why I left that place... Left Kurumi-sama...] I went down here to the south to train and prove myself that I can be a warrior even as a woman. 

And right now, "That's right, so let's have a good fight shall we?" Morus pulls up her arm for a handshake. 

"Of course." I gladly accepted it. [This trip is definitely not a waste.] Just from the touch of her arms alone I could feel that Morus had much more experienced fighting and even magic than I do, and that there's no chance of me winning from her. But unlike my nervousness from before I don't feel like this power is not a power that oppresses me, like the noble's stares at the empire. But rather a power that motivates you and want to hold you up.

[Even if I lose I will learn much from this.] So that's why I will try my best.

•••

[Carmine's an interesting girl.] Is what I thought after our little discussion. 

The Guildmaster Gremio immediately went back after he told us the bombshell of us fighting each other. After that though yes, we talked afterwards about how stupid the guildmaster is, our skills, and stuff like that. Generally it's girl talk. 

But one thing got me intrigued... [The empire?] One of the guys in sitting on a chair around the arena said that, which got me curious. [Carmine got really defensive about it... Wonder what happened to her there?] Although I was curious I'm not dumb enough to ask someone I barely knew their life story, so I denied to ask. [Seems pretty sucky though.] If someone like Carmine who looks pretty proper left there, then it got some problems. 

But I move on from that now I'll be staring at a couple of weapons in a barrel. "...Wonder what should I pick?" I ask to the selection of wooden weapons. 

Since the guild doesn't want their shiny new recruits to be injured before they could even take on quests. Gremio told me to pick their "safe" weapons made of wood and blunt tips to use for the duel. [This could still injure you though.] This wooden spear can still pierce you if you press down hard enough. [That's probably why there are referees and judges on the arena.]

Like right now, "Hyah! Take this!" A man goes for a down sweep with his wooden axe. 

"No you don't!" Thankfully the guy managed to block it using his shield. 

But unlike most isekais, this one has force projected onto the shield, causing the shield user to shake for a moment and lose his balance for a few seconds. "Now get the fuck off this platform!" It was just enough time for the axe guy to throw in a kick and push the guy off the ledge. 

"Axe user won!" The referee shouted. 

"Hell yeah!"

"Now that's badass!"

"I can't wait for the next one!"

The crowd was ecstatic at the show. 

Only one objected to it. "The shield user fought bravely, I can't believe the axe wielder used such an underhanded method. Have you got no shame?!" It's Carmine. "And what's with you taking bets?!" She also complains about the sound of coins being exchanged at the seats. 

[She's a knight after all.] Carmine must have been raised through a chivalric code or something similar to it if she reacted that negatively to a street fighting method. 

[Although he might be an asshole doing it it's not against the rules.] I concluded. There are no honors in war or combat, you bet on your lives so of course you would use every method possible. 

I take a seat back and sat on a chair beside the barrel, thinking and waiting for me turn to fight as I watch the next fight. [There must be something I could—oh!] There it is. In the sky, is it a bird? Kinda, she has wings. A plane? That's stupid. 

It's a flying Gabril! "Morus-sama!" She flies down immensely fast so I thought she was a plane for a second. 

"...What is it Gabril?" Itold her in a whisper-like way; to make sure that people don't think I'm crazy for talking to myself.

So I turn around and talked there. "Morus-sama, I have an urgent report." So Gabril starts explaining. 

•••

"...I see." I honestly don't know how to react to this news. 

[Both the prince and that bastard Jhsovenne is here huh?] Well look at that luck. 

Two people that I want to meet in two polar opposite reasons. One's babysitting Arin's descendent and two is someone I wanna break their teeth in two many bits and pieces.

"...What should I do about this?" I wanna meet the prince soon but I don't want to meet that bastard right now though. [If he sees my abilities I'm toasted.] I can trust Kumo and Itia that the Prince Gérmann is an ally, but the other one is just... 

"How can I make him not see me?" I wonder to myself as this puts a screw in all of my plans. 

"Morus-sama." It's Gabril, who's concerned about me. So I look at her and expect her to only console me but... 

"I think I have a plan about this Morus-sama." Instead I got a steely-eyed Gabril with determination. 

"Really?" I look at her with shock. "Okay then..." I stood up and stretch my back. "Make sure it doesn't involve killing him right?" Even if I hate his guts it would make things a hundred times more troublesome if he died.

"Of course Morus-sama." Gabril formally bows. 

"You don't need to act so formal Gabril." I got a slight bit concerned about her behavior lately. [To be honest it's weird if Gabril's not acting like a pervert right now.] I thought as I look at her face. 

"...Do you not like it Morus-sama?" She asks as her wings are fluttering about. 

"No no it's just..." I sat down again and push my back to her ear. "I keep remembering our night together at the nest." I told her with a wink before sitting normally again. 

[You were exactly my type of girl last night.] Wild and free but loyal. A perfect combination. 

Gabril reacted to my words with a, "O-of course Morus-sama!" Blushed face. "I will be your perfect girl from now on!" And starts fluttering up. 

"You can call me just Morus or Mori you know?" I told her while I finally grab a weapon of my choice. 

 "Y-yes Mori-san!"Gabril flew off like a rocketship. 

"Sigh..." [What do I do with you?] I stand up and grab a few weapons; a spear and... "Alrighty." I also grab a wooden blade at the bottom of the barrel.

Why? 

{Grow Bark!}

Immediately the blade and the spear attached to one another like pieces of Lego as it forms into a spear with a curves' knife edge. Basically my Collita. 

I grab onto it tightly. [I will never replace my Collita.] Not with this thing.

Just like that I'm complete and also like that, "Next up, Morus Sibylissa versus Carmine Korruma!" It's my turn. 

"Hell yeah!"

"Two hot babes about to fight!"

"Fuck I dunno where to bet!"

The crowd is definitely more excited about this match than any of the others, as even... 

"Holy shit even the high ranks are watching!" One adventurer said. 

When I look up I see a balcony being filled to the brim with glorious-looking armour radiating and intricately designed robes for their mages. [Yup, those are the elites alright.] The high ranking adventurer's from 5th rank onwards. 

I stretch my body; with each step I get to the arena making me more and more excited. [Time to...] I get ready for this. Grabbing some things on my bag along the way.

•••

"...So this arena will be using a powerful barrier spell for your match! A very special occasion!" The referee finishes his explanation.

But I didn't really listen as I... [Activate!] With my command one ring on my finger shines up. 

[Time to make myself weaker.] The item I activated is called the Teaching Ring. It serves as a way for high level players to get in the same level for someone they choose so that they could teach and have a chance to win against us. [Thank god I brought this.] I knew that I'll be way too overpowered and wanting to have a real fight are the main reasons I did this. 

[Plus I have regenerative abilities, so I'm saved.] Thank god. 

"First is the former Knight of the Holy Krum Empire, who's skill even rivals those of his male counterparts, Carmine Korruma!" The referee shouts. 

Judging from her reaction. [She don't like that.] She's pissed.

"Then the second is the unknown, mysterious, illustrious witch that has caught the attention of this city's heroes Lefer-sama! Morus Sibylissa!" The referee shouts me as well to which I'm... [I sound like a slut that sucks married men!] Not that pleased about. [I understand why Carmine's pissed now!]

But I shake that aside, I look at her. "Best of luck okay?" I say as I thrust my fake Collita. 

"Of course, let the best woman wins." Carmine says in agreement as she also slashes down her sword and readies her large shield. 

"The fight starts in three!"

[For Mary!]

"Two!"

[For my family and friends!]

"One!"

[For myself!]

I say the three for's I desire and...  "Fight!" The flags the referee flew down begins our fight. 

•••

Just right after the referee's signal.

Bam!

I felt the ground immediately shaken up by my opponent. "Take this!" Carmine stomps the ground multiple times making her feet literally sink to the floor. 

[Crap!] I might get unbalanced when I'm here so I used, {Wind Jump!} To immediately step back from the outrage. 

"How do you like that Morus?!" Carmine looks at me with a mocking smile, "Take me on!" She courageously shouts; her shield in front with the sword at the back. 

""Woah...!"" Meanwhile the crowd is banana cheering nuts from such a good start, already making bets. 

[I need to also get good in here.] I am fighting a genuine opponent right now, unlike the group of thugs yesterday. [Time to move these old bones.] So I did. 

{Spark Tendon!} 

{Light weight!} 

{Physical Limit!}

Three spells at once, in Carmine's level that's all I can do right now, but it's enough. 

Swoosh! 

I can still move several times faster than a normal human could, with even a trail of dust leaving behind my feet. 

Carmina thinks I'll go straight in front of her so she readies her weapons, but little did she know... "Hyup!" I moved slightly to the right and that's where I went, leaving her behind. 

Or is it? {"Magic Magnet!"} I shouted out loud as my legs immediate hits itself on the barrier and as the spell suggests, it sticks you towards magic so now, ""Woah!"" I can walk by the barrier. 

Running around I see Carmine clearly shell shocked by this; readying her shield in advance.

[Not on—] Just as I was making my advance, a distraction appears. ""Hell yeah!"" The voices of the men in the crowds have soared because I unintentionally gave them fanservice showing my legs. 

"..Grr." I furrow my brows at the thought of greasy haired men looking at me but I quickly shook my head to focus on the fight. 

I look around to see that the barrier is dome-shaped. Which means that, [I'll circle to the center.] And attack from above. I might throw up along the way but I can use it as an attack.

Getting to the center, "...Shit." I can feel the effects of the spell wearing off, so I need to act quickly. "Almost there... " I give it my all. 

"Alright." Then the magnet finally wears off. "Now!"

I made it to the center of the barrier, {Spring Jump!} With a spell, I made my legs lighter and more elastic as I sprang down from the ceiling and headed straight towards Carmine. 

She looks at me and is immediately in panic mode. She puts her sword to her back and readies her shield for me to attack her with my war scythe.

...Or that's what I made her think anyway. 

{"Hellfire Root!"}

I shouted and a black mist forms in my head and spread through my scythe. 

Rather than Carmine's shield helping her, it helped me out instead as I used the shield as a platform now while I make my strike. 

"Hyah!" I hit the nearest flesh I can find, her wrist.

It might not sound like a powerful attack but... "Harggh!!" It doesn't need to be. 

[This spell is similar to a lightning spell, it spreads.] Which is where the root part of the name comes from. [As long as my scythe doesn't get pulled out.] Then the agony will continue.

I can feel her hand wobble so I jump back down the floor and look at her state. Though my scythe still penetrating her arm.

"..." The crowd is silent. 

They stopped screaming to see the state of my opponent Carmine. Whose burns had spread throughout her whole body causing her to temporarily fall to her knees.

Her armour, which was supposed to help her, is now her worst enemy as it heats up and turns into a cage for her. 

"U-uhm! T-the winner of this fight is...!" It might have been pity but the referee is already calling this match over. 

[I guess it's over already huh...] I thought, with me only feeling nauseous from standing upside down, I only used one offensive spell in this one and I didn't even receive any damage. [I guess techniques trumps all.] I even used my teaching ring so we can be of the same level.

I feel horrible feeling this but I start to feel pity as well. [I don't want to ruin a beautiful woman's face.] So I started to pull out my scythe before the fire could burn her face. 

"Moru—" I was about to listen to the referee call my win but. "Not on my watch!" To my absolute shock Carmine raises her head. "Kurumi-sama! As your loyal knight grant me a wish! Turn all of this pain into power!" And another wave of shock comes in as her wish was actually granted. 

[I can see it...] All of the 'roots' of the spell getting pushed back into one spot, her arm. [I never expected her to manipulate magic like this!] This is a pretty common way to protect yourself against status effects in Endless, but. [It's still an advanced technique.] You would need to know your own body composition well to achieve such a feat. Certainly for someone at Carmine's level it's impressive. 

I don't know what will happen next so I try to pull back my scythe. Unfortunately, "I ain't lettin' you escape Morus!" Carmine grabbed my wooden weapon by the blade. 

Then finally starts to stand up. "Fuck! By the power of Kurumi grant me protection against fire!" Carmine chanted a spell. Even though the fire's out of her body the scars are still there, so it still hurts like a bitch.

More importantly... "How hasn't your arm exploded like a balloon yet!?" I shouted my surprise as I look at that arm. 

Swollen, that's the best word I could come up with. In exchange for all the 'roots' to gone, it is all concentrated on her left arm. Which means that you can see the flames almost like lava circulating on her veins, her skin turned into charred black. 

"How bout you take a closer look...!" Carmine answered my question by tightening her charred fist as she sprints and jumps to me intending for a punch. 

[Hell no I ain't taking any of that!] So I turn my body to my right intending to dodge that attack. 

But instead, "Hahah!" I only received a laugh. "I knew you were going to dodge!" It turns out that the punch is but a ruse as what she was intending this whole time is, "Taste my blade!" In her other hand she grabbed her sword, then passed it to her charred arm.

I was tricked by Carmine. But even before I could react to it, "By the power of Kurumi! Give power to this sword!" She chanted a spell, nothing specific but I soon realized why it's in her charred arm. 

The stored fire inside Carmine arm? That fire has been transferred over to her sword. 

[Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!] I can feel the blade hitting me any second now so in a panic. 

"Damnit! Extinguish this threat!" And I casted every anti-fire spell I could think of. 

"No! Let the forever of Kurumi-sama passed through any obstacles!" Carmine also chanted a counter to that. 

But my mind was strayed off into something else. "Combo spells..." Are the last words I said before holding my scythe and making contact.

"What?!" Someone shouted very loud but was muffled out by the explosion inside this arena. 

•••

On the crowd. "I need to save Morus-sama!" That woman's relative Kumo is being overly protective. 

"This is a duel of honer Mr. Kumo, helping is not allowed." I told him. 

He stares at me with glaring eyes, but I don't buckle up. "Do you want Morus to be disqualified?" And tighten my resolve. 

He looks down and bites his lips, calming down somewhat. Then looking up and saying to himself, "Have faith in Morus-sama." Then he returns to attentively watch the fight again. 

I breathe a sigh of relief. [Honestly I'm about to piss there for a second.] As the Guildmaster I obviously have experience as a former rank 4th adventurer in the past but even then, [I can't believe a rookie made me shaken up like that.] But I don't think this Kumo or Morus is a rookie at all. 

I look at the arena once again, covered in mist. [Just who are you people?] That fight, even if it's short, has been the most intense one I've seen in all my life, even more so that this should technically be a battle of rookies. 

[Carmine is already a knight so her registration should be automatic.] But she volunteered anyway and even fought Morus. [Aside from Lefer's letter I know nothing about this woman.] Carmine has a letter with the seal of the knight's so her identity is guaranteed. But Morus and her group just... [Appeared out of nowhere.] There's no past records of them anywhere, my connections would have notified me immediately of such powerful people but they slipped past them with ease. 

I take another sigh again, as I look at the people beside me watching the fight. "Why did you even scream that loud old Gustav?" I ask him for his 'what!?' that was heard through the whole place. 

"...H-how can she used the ancient elven text?!?" He grips his hands tightly, his long beard scraggly, and his ears pointy. An indicator this old man is mad. 

I look at the barrier again and see that it is covered by various indescribable words and pictures all over. So I look at him again and thought, [You elves and your magic, I can never understand.] I might investigate those symbols later but the mist is clearing up. 

I look intently at the arena again, waiting for the fight until... "Excuse me." A young sounding voice came to my side. 

I look at such and see a small person with a cloak covering it's head. Such an out of place boy has me in confusion before noticing that... "Your highness?" His golden hair.

"...Yes, I'm glad you noticed, but please do not fret about this since I am going incognito right now." Royalty ordered. 

I have no reason to object so I just nodded and look back at the fight. [This is the most surreal day of my life.] Is my thought on all this. 

•••

I'm back.

"...Shit." Back against the corner I mean. 

[Didn't know you could use spell combos as well.] It's the magic system of Endless that I've been using when I have multiple spells at once. [A fire and a concentration spell.] Is what Carmine had used against me. [And she might have not even realized it!] It seems that she might have just spouted some chants and got me that way, which is why I didn't expect it. 

I have also thought that she doesn't know how to do it but now... [I need to stop underestimating her.] I bit my lip in frustration. I look and see the teaching ring I used, [I'm almost tempted to remove this but...] I'll just be admitting defeat if that were the case. I have pride you know and I can never look at my companions the same way again if I pulled it out.

I look down, {Heal!} A mild healing spell against the wound she created from that strike, which included my abdomen and a part of my right arm. [This fucking sucks...] Even if I have a regen from my species this still hurts like crap. 

{Painkillers!}

That helps a bit but I'm still fatigued. 

"...What to do..." I look around and see that it's all white. 

Not because I'm dead but the result from a hot object hitting water. [Man how many water spells did I cast?] I look behind me and that the barrier I've been resting on is filled with scribbles of my magic circles and crests. 

But I need to focus so I go back and intently watch my surroundings. 

I look at my scythe, my poor poor scythe. "Well you didn't last long." It's completely split in half, so I threw it away. It's not even Collita so I don't care about it. 

Instead, "Who says you can't bring a weapon." It's a pair of gloves. 

I put my bags away as for the rules, but since gloves aren't weapons I can bring them with me. [With this I can use my magic better.] They're magic gloves, gloves that focus your magic and cast spells better. It's similar to a want or a staff but used primarily for mages that does close combat, like me. 

"...Done." I finished casting my healing spells on me. [Still hurts like a bitch though.] At least it's better than before.

I look out and see that the steam is dying down, with water droplets starting to form and the place becoming generally clearer. Still can't see her though. 

And then.... "There you are." A lone voice was heard through the fog, and I can finally see a silhouette in the distance. 

Then... "Shit!" My senses has massively sensed a threat and I properly dodged it this time, thank god. 

Crash! 

As what she threw is the wooden shield she has, which has now broken up into many pieces. [Why'd she thrown her own shield?] I take rough breaths as I analyzed the situation. 

But I got the answer immediately. "It ain't fair if I'm the only one with a weapon." She shouted like she was reading my mind. 

[A shield ain't a weapon you know?] I thought while looking around to see her. 

I look again and there she is. Now that the steam has mostly dissipated, I can see her much more clearly. What do you know, "Are ya even still alive?" She looks like an undead. 

It seems Carmine pulled off all of her iron armor, with only leather now you can see her skin more. With burnt marks all over, it looks like she was cooked alive, lines of red cover her where her armor once was and her charred left arm looks like crisp bacon. [I can't even believe you're still standing.] Let alone be able to throw that massive shield. 

"Yeah I am! And don't you dare look at me with pity like that!" Carmine spits at my question as she brings out that wooden sword, with a giant part of it's blade splintered off it looks like it'll break with one more attack. "I've used most of my magics and techniques to strengthen my body, so I can still move you know!" 

Carmine then readies her posture, "So if you pity me now then end me already!" She shouted. 

From her declaration I could only smile, "Alrighty then." I also ready myself. 

[You might be a self-righteous idiot but...] Typically I hate this trope, but for main characters only. If it's from another character then.... [You're a respectable idiot!] The first fight that I'll truly enjoy in this world. How would it turn out? 

Tine to fight once more. 

•••

{"Chains!"} 

I first summon the spell chains, the name is self-explanatory. Then the second is,

{"Sparks!"}

It's a simple lightning type spell. Since I'm in a weakened form this is all that I could manage for now. 

So now... {Chains + Sparks} Turns to...

{"Fulgurbind!"}

If you successfully combine in-game spells, you would be able to create your own. That's what combo spells are. 

"W-what is that!" Since this is my own spell, Carmine is obviously surprised to see it. "Fuck it!" But she is brave though as she continue to charge towards me.

"Let's do this." I also charge forward, to our final fight. 

"""Hooo!"""

And for the first time I'm actually quite happy that there's a crowd cheering us on. 

But... "Alright chains, move!" With the lightning-imbued chains I go and strike them forward. 

"Tsk... I also have my own!" Carmine grips onto her sword. "Oh hail the god of fire and Kurumi-sama's loyal diciple, burn them in your chambers!" Like that, her wooden sword got fiery again, but this time it's burning quick. 

[She also intend this to be the finally huh...]  Both of us are pretty battered at this point, and I have drained a majority of my mana. So I smile at that as I go and give it my all! 

•••

We run to the center for a hit-on collision. Although I already abandoned her armor, Morus is still good physically so she was the one that reached near me first. 

[Dodge them!] I go back around for a dodge but, "Not on my watch!" Morus completely saw through my move and her spinning chains managed to strike my back; "Shit!" I shouted. But I swung my sword and completely cut that part of the chain off. 

[Lightning!] Thankfully it's just my back and not my vitals. If just one touch of those chains hit me I would have fallen already. [...What an exhilarating feeling!] Though I just was hit the thought of giving my all to this fight just hardened my resolve.

[Whatever happens, thank you Morus.] This is hands down the best fight I ever had in my young life. Fighting a fellow female warrior is not only great, but the fact that I can still stand here against this monster is something that whatever the male knights back at the empire and the academy said, [I can finally prove that I'm a knight!] All their taunts and berating is null now. 

[Could they stand to this witch? I don't think so.] Is my conclusion as I charge with my sword with all my might, getting engulf by the flames and pushing my body to it's very limits. 

•••

[What a monster!] Carmine cut through those chains with a wooden sword and is charging towards me with raging speed. Even as I got her with multiple strikes she's barely slowing down. 

With my mind in overload I noticed that the cut chains are still withing my range so.... 

{"Vines!"} 

The broken chains on the ground has turned into vines, spreading rapidly towards Carmine and reaching her feet, entangling them and slowing her to a halt. 

"Alright!" I smile at this opportunity so I sprint towards her as well. 

"Not on my watch!" Carmine is not gonna stop as she pulls her feet to get them out. 

[Then lastly...] I'm about to spend all of my mana. 

{"Thorns!"}

It's supposed to be a plant-type spell but due to its nature, not only the vines but all my chains have acquired it. 

It's only a little inconvenient for Carmine but it's enough time to finally, "Take this!" Strike at her as I slash down my left arm to whip her into submission.

"Fuck that!" Then she did it, she used her sword to block my attack. 

"You just gave up your weapon!" I shouted in joy, dodge or receive it doesn't matter. Both ways were both beneficial for me. [Now take this instead!] I swung my right hand this time as the chains doesn't have any obstacles anymore to block it. 

[If only the sword is metal.] Then it would have spread all over and defeat her instantly, what a shame. 

But Carmine, "I don't need a weapon!" Is relentless and doesn't enjoy me thinking that I won already. "Fire!" She completely forgets the chant and her arm is... 

"Burning again?!" I shouted as I see that coal of an arm ignite and turn red once more. 

[Fuck this!] I spun the chains around my hands, I don't even care if I'm electrocuted anymore as I also get it into a fist and strike her with a punch as well. 

""Come on! Come on!"" We both shouted simultaneously to see which one lands a hit first. 

"Let's fucking—" Carmine's fist is about a couple meters away. 

"Finish this—" My fist is now just under her neck. 

""Fight!"" Our fist is right by our faces. Whoever lands first would get their beautiful mug either crushed by the metal or burned to a crisp.

Though....

"STOP!"

That won't happen for now. 

"This match has exceeded the running time! So I declare this fight end in a draw!" The referee announce.

""Hah?!""

We immediately cast out our magics but our bodies... 

"Phwah!" "Uurgh!" 

...Aren't that responsive.

Although there's no lethal weapons involved anymore, the force of our punches made us both push back on the ground and fell on our asses. 

The worst thought is... [[Who hit first?!]] We didn't see. 

[Fuck that stung like a whore's bitch!] I want to cuss out loud but my jaw is sill dislocated. 

I look over to see what the other party is doing but... 

"..." Carmine had passed out. 

"Oh yeah..." I look at myself. [I'm not a human huh...] So my physical abilities are a bit stronger. 

I look back to see the fainted Carmine, "I guess I kinda won...?" But she fainted after the duel was called for so technically it isn't. 

Though, 

"Yeah!"

"That was great!"

"Best duel ever!"

I smile, [I'll take it anyway.] I'm not a self-righteous hero that follows the rules like Carmine does anyway. 

So why not indulge in this victory for once?

•••

From within the cheers of the crowd, two grumpy men are still talking grumpily. "I have never heard that there was a timer, Sir Gremio." Kumo is still interrogating my ass. 

"Yes I know." I sigh in frustration. "Do you think I'll let two talents like that be taken to the temple?" I say to him. 

He doesn't understand it yet so I explain it to him. "Yes it's a duel but think of the optics here." Two prodigies are duking it out, if we follow the  normal procedure, one of them will most likely defeat the other. Why the hell would I give up one prodigy if you can have both of them at the same time?

[Which is why I called it off at the very last second.] Before one of them was badly injured. So I was lucky.

Kumo looks down and is in thought, before... "Kumo." The prince in disguise just called him out. 

Now that both of them are talking, my ears goes to another group. 

"...So she's an elf in disguise then?"

"Yes, it must be Lusillin. She has access to ancient elven spells you know? You saw them right? We need to know her secrets!"

"Yes yes for the lost knowledge of our ancestors I know that, I'll try and talk to her then in the future."

Two rank 4th elven adventurer pair Gustav and Lusillin are discussing things I have little interest of so I just look what's in front of me, my staff taking care of the two fighters today.

[I'll make sure that the capital branch doesn't let it's drapping ballsacks across the face of this branch any longer.] I can only smile at that pompous Guildmaster's twisted face. 

Speaking of pompous... [I heard that fat snake of a noble Jshovenne came here earlier.] Probably to harass his own daughter but... [The fuck did he go?] I'll assassinate him if he curses another one of my people. 

Hey guys it's me! Thank god I finished the longest chapter I've written so far in a pretty short amount of time TBH. Well anyways what do you think of this fight? This is the first time I kinda traced the original wattpad version on this one, since I really liked this fight when I first wrote it so I don't want to change to much of it. 

That said the reason why this took so long is because it's two chapters crammed into one, the first half is pretty accurate to the original chapter it was based from. But the second half of boy... I cut a lot of things there where multiple paragraphs just fitted into one sentence, so I cut a lot of the fat off. but I hope you guys still like it! 

Then lastly, this chapter will probably be the last chapter where it'll be based on the original version, since in the original Morus actually faints and would be in the dream sequence. But since I've move that earlier it will be entirely different from now on. So yeah, from here on out it's a completely new territory. 

There is one more chapter though, the latest chapter of the original wattpad version, published in February of this year actually. Bit that is based so much of the storyline of tht version that I can't really transfer that to her so I consider that chapter to be effectively retconned. 

So yeah, lastly lastly I hope that GA Baller hopefully likes this chapter, the main reason why I decided to make this into one chapter instead of splitting it is because he said he'll drop this series, which I would find sucky for any viewer but for me I really like his comments of my chapters, they're harsh but I'll take any critism! I admit that my pacing is a snail's pace but I really like fleshing out my world and having my characters interact you know!? So yeah, this chapter is called fight and it delivers the fight alright! So I hope you like this chapter specifically and don't drop this series. At least leave a review! ^^

So yeah it's getting long I gotta say arigatou to y'all guys and gals! XD

81