There’s a Rumour Going Around.
103 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What’s gotten into him?” The ends of her mouth sunk and faint lines appeared between her brows.

    “Nothin, just excited cause of those stories again.” Kade shrugged. And it was technically true.

    “Oh, those witches, right?” Her eyes flashed with mirth and her mouth settled into a pretty line.

    “Well...kind of. Technically...yeah.”

    “Technically?” Now Kade looked uncomfortable, shuffling his feet and staring at her ear.

    “It’s just nonsense that’s found it’s way into Levi's head. Nothin you should be worryin bout Sara.”

    “What exactly is the nonsense has gotten into his head that’s making him and you act so strange?” Her face pinched into a an unpleasant look. Worry weighed down her brows and her pale lips vanished. Kade looked startled taking a step but Sara took hold of his jacket.

    “Kade.”

    “He...um… he gotten in his head that you’re a witch, apparently?”

    “He thinks I’m a witch?” She asked slowly, the words feeling like sand on her tongue.

    “Where on earth did he get that idea?” Her face was a startled mask, frozen and unreadable and breakable.

    “It not what ya think! It’s just something that, uh…” a strangled sound was made at the back of his throat.

    “Not those evil, nasty ones from those movies! Just magic! Yeah!...just thinks you’re magic.” He trailed off looking lost then shifted to horrified.

    “I mean, like you usin magic, which is a hell lot a bull, but I think he think you’re magic too. I mean, course he does with all that starin he does at ya.” His eyes widened and he clamped his hands over his mouth looking like a rabbit in a dog house.

    “Oh.” Her face faded to something calm, something far more pleasant.

    “I’d better try to talk to him then.” And then she way gone following the directions Levi stumbled away. And Kade was left there turning gray, looking like he was trying to stuff the words back from the air and down his throat.

1