A Glitch
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m sorry.” His voice wavered at the end and he couldn’t meet her eyes. His hands were pale and trembled as he gripped the ends of his too long sleeves of the largest of his oversized sweaters. Sara always thought that as ill fit as they were, they suited him in an odd way. He  always said that they were comfortable and wore them like a blanket. A really silly person who still believed in magic and the most unlikely things.

    He was nervous. But she knew it was more because he thought he hurted her feeling rather than any fear of her being a mythical being. His fear was fading as well as his belief that she was. He was right, but it was better for everyone if he thought she wasn’t.

    “I won’t forgive you,” he flinched at that looking ashamed, and pitiful in her eyes, “unless you promise that to be a jerk like that again.” He jumped at that, looking surprised. But his face broke into his usual smile and his eyes crinkled. It’s been awhile since she’s seen that expression and didn’t bother to fight that smile making its way to her lips.

    “Yeah, I’m really sorry. I don’t… I’m not sure why I was so scared. It was stupid, everything was.”

    “It’s fine now, but where did you get that idea in the first place?” She really needed to know.

    “It-it, um. I s-saw um. I can’t remember.” He looked sheepish before for a flash of a moment that expression from the start of this mess came back. Then it was simple confusion, and Sara bit the insides of her cheek because of all times that was when the glamour started working? Weeks of her trying the stupid spell and now it’s finally kicking in? Worry sank in because something wasn’t right.

There was something seriously wrong. Whatever Levi did to find out was affect her magic around him, and that wasn’t good.

 

1