Chapter 28 How the Conflict Started
184 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere southwest inside the border of Atoru inside a level 50-80 graveyard which is a chaotic being grindspot. Two groups of players ventured inside. The first group consisted of six melee classes, while there's a Ranger and a Healer at the back. The second group had two Musicians, two Casters, three Archers while a Defender which is a class up of Tanker defended the rear. Their formation was tight to say the least, but the lack of Healers is unsettling when fighting against chaotic beings, comprising of Zombies and Ghouls. The skeletons are in fact a higher leveled mob in this world. The weakest Chaotic Bone is level 300 while the highest is unknown.

"Are you sure this place is safe? It gives me the creeps" A female Caster broke the silence of the travelling group.

"According to our intel there are some hidden treasures buried here, where there are risks there are always rewards." The Defender at the back answered.

"But do we really have to go into somewhere so dark so icky and soooo creepy?"

"I swear woman if you weren't such a good Caster I'd have killed you already!" One of the Musician snapped.

"Bleeeeh!"

"Shut up the both of you!" The Ranger scolded the two and resumed scanning for traps. Rouges aren't the only ones specilized on dealing with booby traps. Rangers have a wide variety of new available skills that aren't available for Archer class. This applies to all class ups, a rank up doesn't just mean additional, 30 AP. It means being able to learn or create 5 new skills using SP, ones that are stronger and unavailable for the starting classes.

The entire team had the same insignia on their left chest, which was a Fearsome Red Dragon(Not the snake loking type). Their levels range from the highest, forty three and the lowest, which was forty. They traversed through the dark graveyards and battled level 60-70 Zombies. They were quite easy to handle because of their amazing teamwork and line-up. Damages of over 180-212 could be seen with each strikes of the melee classes. These players aren't just some nobodies, they are an elite squad from Rising Dragon, which is a giant player guild inside the Atoru Kingdom. You already know what guilds are! But the only benefit of joining one in this game, is that not only do you get great quests handed directly to your guild hall, you are also under contract and payed a fare monthly salary IRL cash. But the hierarchy of a guild is absolute and insubordination means death or close to it. The punishments of breaking the iron rules of guilds are very dire. The first group were the only ones that battled whilst the ones at the back chatted amongst themselves.

"These mobs are highered leveled than us but man are they weak!" The female Caster said.

"Well yes... Out of all the monsters in Atoru, the Zombies and Ghouls are the weakest link among those of the same level. But you should never underestimate them"

"Why? Is it because they reek of sewage and are very hard to look at?"(Caster)

"Close but no cigar. I must admit they are unsightly to look at but the real reason why they are the most dangerous monsters below level 100 is because of how fast they can unite under one banner" The Defender smiled and explained but the woman still didn't get it and asked.

"How come? These things seems like mindless mobs to me... Why would they be under one banner?"

"Haha.. I should've worded that properly... The thing is Chaotic beings or more commonly known as undead will easily rally under a strong undead like Chaotic Lichs or Necrotic-Beings. They worship the strong among their kind and aid their call no matter the cost"

"From a mindless mobs, if they ever unite and transform themselves into one single body. The'yll be able to coordinate themselves better than armies, they'll become seasoned warriors, they'll use tricks and imply tactics to whittle you down. Depending on how strong the one they worship is, they will grow in strength and follow the example of the head that united them."

"If you see hordes and hordes of Chaotic Beings charging towards you, then thats where the nightmare begins."

"Woooo! Thats amazing! Where did you get all that? from g**gl*?"

"You! Just because Atoru isn't the smartest of the kingdoms doesn't mean we don't have libraries!"

"Haha.. Ok, ok no need to get worked up. But they are already a pain in the ass to deal with. They are immune to critical strikes, crowd control skills/spells and they cannot [Bleed] or [Fear]. Isn't that already a major advantage despite their current weakness?"

She had a point. No matter how strong a monster is they cannot escape if you chain CC it, then all its Physical Armor or Hitpoints mean nothing in front of the great execution of crowd control skills/spells and high leveled monsters also tend to value their life and would instantly turn tail if they are below 30% Hitpoints.

"Yes... they are quite annoying to deal with if they gather.. But Fire and Holy affinity spells are the best solution we could find for them"

"Thats where we come along huh? We'll there are no Paladins or Priests here in Atoru, and mages are scarce." The male Caster chimed in.

"It honestly makes me angry how hard it is to level up [Elemental Mastery] in this country! Kuuuh! I heard that the Mages from Nippon already have 10+ spells despite being below level 30!" The female Caster was very upset as she grumbled out her thoughts.

"We'll you can't really envy them. The four kingdoms have their own unique kingdom traits and ours just lets us gain physical stats from going to the gym." Said the male Caster.

"But aren't you sick at the fact that we only have 5 spells?"

"Whats the use of having so much spells if you can't even use them?" The male Caster profoundly answered, making the Archers clap their hands and cheer.

"Grrrrr!"

"Shuuush! We're already here!" The Ranger snapped them to attention and pointed infront. "Stay here... I'll scout out the are along with the others"

After 5 minutes of rest the Ranger came back battered and bruised. "No use! We've been compromised! SOMEONE SOLD US OUT!" The Ranger screamed in frustration, due to how badly injured he was they never doubted him and instead started pointing fingers amongst themselves. But the Defender composed himself and asked sternly.

"Who attacked you? Was it an enemy or a spy inside our guild? ANSWER ME!"

"It was... It was the three players that were with me!"

"How do we know that you're not in cahoots with them?" The Female Caster asked. The guy just seems too suspicious!

"Please! Believe me Leader! I've already worked so hard for this guild! I'd never betray it! I already killed two of the traitors that was scouting with me! but one managed to get away!"

"Who?"

"Kurtfic!"

"I see lets get the treasure before the boss finds us" The Defender shook his head in sheer pity.

"BOSS!?" They all gasped in shock, a leader type chaotic being is one of the worst things to fight against in Epic of The Gods.

"Leader? How come we weren't briefed with this information?" The Ranger asked.

"You are a very talented Ranger... Reiss but you lack judgement... I already knew there were rats among us, there are too many to count hiding in our guild and the best way to find them is to bait them out"

"Now imagine if I told you all that there was a boss and we are currently fighting it, then those three would wait until its HP drops 20% and then backstab us"

"Hmmmp, serves those shitheads right! They chose their greed over the guild"

Graaaaaaaaaah!

A dreadful scream reverberated throughout the Graveyard and the group all drew their weapons while the backline classes went in the middle of the formation and prepared their spells. 

"Somethings wrong, SD heal Reiss and prepare the largest AOE holy affinity spell you have" The Defender said as he drew out his shield. The defender isnt the type that focused on Phsyique and have a buttload of hitpoints, instead he had a large shield that had an opening on the side, showing the tip of the spear.

The ground violently shook and they could hear shrieks of absolute horror coming from all sides. The graveyard is an open space and not a narrow corridor. The melee classes made a perimeter with the Defender, blocking the entire front of the team.

The group was instantly surrounded from all sides having no place to escape.

"Y.. ouuu... S..to..leee fr..om... meeeee" 

"Wait! We haven't even got anything yet!" It was the female Caster again and her foul mouth shouted at the incoherent voice. Reiss shot an arrow at the voice and it exploded in a blue hue. [Manabomb-shot]! The footsteps of the entity grew louder...

Clack... Clack... Clack... CLACK

Zombies that surrounded them hushed to a mute. Not even the winds or occasional gargles could be heard except for the footsteps.

Clack... Clack... Clack...

"REISS! What do you see?" The Defender shouted.

"We're doomed..."

The skeleton showed its silhouette and although the group still couldn't see it and scan it the Ranger could see it so clearly with his scout skills.

*Ting

Nerzul/ Chaotic Fire Lich

Rarity: Rare(Boss)

Level: 75

Magic Power: 1467

Hitpoints: 8000

Magical Armor: 40%

Skills: [???]*

There are two types of monsters the first are obviously the physical ones that damage opponents with their corresponding damage value, then we have magical ones. Spells are all heavily reliant with the Magical Power stat, so if we see a monster that has 1400 Magical Power... how much do you think its spell damage is? Wanna find out?

It launched a flaming spear towards the healer but the Defender blocked it and was heavily pushed back. Defenders have passives that help them stand tall despite the strongest of knockbacks.

-550! [Burn(IV)]

"Fuck! Dispell me!"

"I can't boss! I only took the basic dispell that removes any status ailment below three stacks!"

"Im... pre... sive, No..w da...nce for m...e" Nerzul started summoning fireballs one by one, making them fly towards the blindspots of the Defender. No matter how strong a monster is, they still follow the cost and cooldown of all lifeforms that use mana. Nerzul commanded the zombies to charge once every three seconds one by one as it kept summoning [Fireball]s up the air and throwing it at the players. It played like a maestro firing the spell with every zombie that charged alongside it.

"Fuck! I can't use the massive AOE! Its coming at us one by one!" The Healer screamed, his eyes bloodshot.

The Archers finally showed their worth as they shot down the zombies but they had no skill that can stop a speeding fireball. It was then up to the female Caster to constantly conjure small [Mana barrier] spells to block the fireball from exploding near them.

"GOD THESE ARE SO ANNOYING! How high is his [Flame Elemental Mastery]?"

The fireballs weren't only going in a straight line but instead, zigzagged and sometimes stopped right infront of a [Mana Barrier] then changing its trajectory again.

"If Im not mistaken! In order to have this much control over a basic spell one must have an Elemental mastery above level six!" The Caster answered as he also threw his own fireballs at the incoming zombies.

"Were all gonna die at this rate! Leader? Whats your call?" Reiss shouted, not stopping his hands from shooting down every zombie that neared them.

Authors Note: Do people dislike it when the POV of the story suddenly changes away from the mc? Please tell me if you do.

Cause Im not stopping it, even if it is still too early in the story to be adding new characters this is still an essential part of the plot. And for the next three chapters will be the continuation of this chapter.

 But don't worry, Im not adding this chapter without planning it out already

7