Chapter 29 The Defense
173 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'll buy you all time! In the meanwhile! One of you need to stay behind with me while I gather the mobs attention... Remember Reiss! Report this to guild leader at all costs!.." His words calmed them down but now one of them has to stay behind and cover their retreat so that their teleportation portal scroll wouldn't get cancelled. They simultaneously looked at the one who can provide them cover for five seconds.

"Eh? Me?" The female Caster was stunned and almost let a fireball slip pass her [Mana Barrier]

"Xixi, who else has a barrier spell here?" The male Caster asked, ecstatic that he didn't take a barrier spell.

"Look on the bright side, you'll have some alone time with Leader in your final moments" One of the Swords-Master shrugged. Xixi got so angry she didn't defend the guy with her [Mana Barrier] and he instantly died after getting hit.

"Sorry to do this to you Xixi but I order you to stay behind and defend the others... now once I charge! everyone else here except for you and me must get out!" He charged at Nerzul after saying his piece and used the biggest aoe taunt in his arsenal. Pulling the aggro of all the zombies, but the boss was unscathed and just kept sending fireball after fireball after fireball. Xixi now had her hands full because the rest are now on a five second timer and she was swamped with the amount of fireballs from different angles.

...

Minutes later...

"Now, who was the vermin who stole from me?" Nerzuls voice was now much more clearer and he choked the Defender by the neck with his skeletal fingers.

"His name is KURTFIC! he's a part of our guild but he betrayed us! thats all I know I swear!" Erik the Defender answered hastily, Nerzul tormented him and didn't give him a swift death like Xixi, instead he cut off his limbs one by one and burned it off to stop him from dying of [Bleed(VI)]

Even though Erik wanted to desperately push the suicide button with all the torture he's been inflicted, he can't because the downsides are too massive.

"I see... For that I thank you, now rest in misery as you turn to ashes"

...

Six days prior after the fall of the commercial city of Atoru, The undead horde was now infront of the city walls, heavily surrounding it from all sides, Nerzul a hundred meters away stared at the humans above the ramparts making a small grin.

The huge numbers of undead were truly a sight to see, but their firepower was nothing as special as the last time. The player scouts gathered that the zombies were now only level 30-40... Gone were the 50+ zombies that attacked the commercial city. Compared to the high amounts of testosterone and physical stats the players of Atoru have, they felt pretty confident they'd be fine without fighting as one. The four strongest guilds of Atoru took one side of the city each and as they were there on top of the walls, they shot at the zombies that just stared at them from below.

"Bwuhahahah! Theres so much EXP bags!"

"Yeah! Its dumb how we got scared of these things in the first place!" The Chaotic beings were being pushed back and forced to get out of the Ranger/Archer's range.

Nerzul actually gave the command to get away from the firing range and converged to his location. It is true that they were caught off guard the last time but this time all the superpowers of Atoru gathered in this city. So there were quite a lot of players above level forty.

The Lich finally reached near the southern gate where the hordes of undead were highly concentrated and filed with great discipline in the presence of the Lich. The players on the wall saw the Lich and shouted to their allies, hundreds of arrows flew towards the Lich, and merely waving its skeletal hands a transparent wall appeared blocking the rain of arrows. [Mana Barrier]!

It then cast a very long spell. In Epic of The Gods the more powerful the spell the longer the cast time. Writing magic scripts in the air the Lich chanted and wrote at the same time. Casters cast spells by chanting and only a few are knowledgeable about writing magic scripts. Perhaps only the Kingdom of Music and Magic has script teaching techniques, but it doesn't exist in the Kingdom of Warriors.

They didn't know what to do so they called for their Guild Masters and with haste they all move to the southern wall.

The Lich then conjured a giant fireball the size of a spirit bomb and launched it over the city walls. Due to the heat twelve Assassins appeared surrounding the Lich, they all gasped in alarm after forcefully getting out of their invisible state.

"What the hell?!"

"Our invi!"

"Kill it!" 

They threw daggers at Nerzul and all sorts of different throwables. They were quite confident, after all Assassins are Casters mortal enemies but that is only in the premise of getting the first strike in, they already lost the element of surprise and that was the only chance they had of killing Nerzul.

*Ding!

Nerzul/ Chaotic Fire Lich

Rarity: Rare(Boss)

Level: 75

Magic Power: 1467

Hitpoints: 8000

Magical Armor: 40%

Skills: [???]*

They gasped in shock, this is their first time seeing such a powerful monster! and it doesn't have any specific skills!. The current players couldn't block a Magic Power of 1467 even if they are a Tanker! There was one good thing though, the Lich has extremely low Hitpoints! this gave the Assassins hope that they can take this thing down, gain levels and gain riches beyond their wildest desires! but their dreams were shattered when the transparent wall dissipated.

The Lichs eyes had an eerie glow and with its left skeletal hands he wrote scripts in the air and then clasped the other.

Nothing happened? no laser, no spell, nothing? but the moment the Assassins got close enough they realized that at the bottom of their soles was a fiery inferno! Some jumped over it but they were met with spouts of gushing flame.

Graaaaaah!

Their screams echoed as they turned to dust. The ones that survive were all scared shitless, they had no idea what just happened!

"Casters aren't suppose to insta-cast like that!" A survivor screamed in frustration.

If these guys even had an ounce of magic knowledge they'd know that Casters are all bound by the passives that they have like [Elemental Mastery], [Magic Language Mastery] ,[Proffiecieny over Magical Arts], so having high mastery means having very low cast-times to its corresponding element. Merely using hand movements, Mages could even cast their spells instantly.

'The Lich used such a powerful spell in an instant' The guild leaders shuddered at the thought of that monster's Manapoints. Their will to fight wavered. But the rewards are just far too great! Even if it means throwing their members lives! they have to get to the Lich first before the others! was the thought of the three Guild Leaders atop the southern ramparts. This is their one and only chance in surpassing the Rising Dragon Guild!.

Nerzul then conjured another fireball the size of a spirit bomb in the span of seconds. He grinned and watched as the people atop the walls ran for their lives. He then threw the fireball at the gates and it got blasted to bits, the gate got pulverized into ashes despite being metal. The undead screeched in glee but still waited menacingly for the order to charge. Seeing this all the players behind the Southern wall panicked they didn't know what to do, no one was giving out orders to form a single file and they just made a battle stance with their own party members.

"Humans truly are funny" Nerzul spoke. Despite having such an unsightly appearance he still holds rational thinking and he couldn't help but laugh.

"Despite the impending doom they still won't trust their backs to the same species as them"

Nerzul then pointed his skeletal index finger at the humans again, then the horde was let loose. All of them rushed like the tides of the sea washing itself on a sandcastle. The chaotic beings on the other parts of the walls also changed directions and headed straight towards the southern gate instead of scaling the ramparts of the other sides.
The players behind the south gate were massacred offering no resistance at all! they didn't expect that an army of Chaotic Beings like this is a nightmare to fight against!

Well you cant really blame them, there hasn't been a recorded kingdom event like this throughout the game. The current players weren't expecting that a war could be so different from grinding monsters. The weak level 30-40 zombies were now nightmarishly hard to kill, not because of the hitpoints difference but because of the sheer impervious numbers.

You can't nuke one down to dust when there are hundreds of zombies charging towards you, the natural instinct for all living things is fear, no matter how strong you are, you'd still quake uncontrollably, instantly getting swallowed by the sea of raging zombies

The undead crammed themselves so much that if there was a high leveled Mage here he could have killed hundreds of zombies in one Area of Effect spell.

But despite Atoru's strength they aren't cultivating Mages like the other nations and merely just focused on warriors, this applies to players as well, Why would a Caster spawn in this Kingdom if the other kingdom traits are so much more favorable to them?

Guilds have Casters, but they aren't as strong as the Casters of other nations. Gimme-Spear ran towards where the action is and he heard a voice whisper in his ear.

"The guilds are making their moves towards the Lich, what is your call Guild Leader?"

"I give the command of the guild to Athlete, he'll know what to do"

"Are you going to fight?"

"Of course... I need to warm myself up for the bad bag of bones"

Gimme-Spear kept running to the south gate and while he was charging, he took out two Red Potions out of his bag and scanned them. "I didn't want to use these yet BUT it'll better my chances"

*Ting

Strength Boost Elixir

Item Rarity: Rare(Y)

Item Type: (Instant)Elixir

Effects: Upon intake, gives 40% permanent basic STR stat(Not applicable to Strength given by items). This Potion can only be used three times.(3/3)

Item requirements: Basic STR and DEX of over 70.*

Gulping it down his basic strength of 75 gained 30 points, then he gulped down the other one gaining another permanent 42 STR Making his total strength without items to 147. He bought these pots from the Mercenary Kingdom of Vandairu for relatively hefty price. Unlike Pots and Potions, Elixirs have permanent effects and very high usage requirements.

"Status"

*Ting

Name: Gimme-Spear

Race: Human(Atoru Kingdom)

Class: Berserk-Lancer

Level: 47

AP: 0 SP: 2 CP: 1

Title: Rising Dragon Guild Leader

Hitpoints: 1650

Manapoints: 660

Physique: 10{90}+10[110]

Strength: 147{140}+86.1[373.1]

Agility: 42{45}+8.7[95.7]

Dexterity: 75{105}+18 [198]

Magical Power: 15+1.5[16.5]

Wisdom: 10{30}+3[33]

        Passives

[Enhanced Body Mastery(IV)], [Spear Mastery(V)], [Greater Physique], [Strength is Speed], [Berserkers Fury], [Strengthened]

        Actives:

[Stab], [Berserkers Charge], [Javelin Throw], [Heaven defying Jump], [Attack Speed Enhancement], [Sky Shatterer], [Inner Bodily Boost], [Earth Splitter], [Mighty Swing], [Berserkers Strength], [Ultimate Spear Stance]

        Inherent Passives

[Courage, Camaraderie, Cohesion],[Curse of Greed], [STRONGER! STRONGER! STRONGER!]*

This is what the highest leveled player of Atoru's stats looks like. Truly a sight to behold. He also scanned his favorite spear.

*Ting

Spear of the Damned

Item Rarity: Rare(X)

Item Damage: 120

Item Durability: 3000/2850

Item Type: Spear(Pole-arm Weapon)

Item Attributes: +50 Strength +40 Dexterity

Item Requirements: [Spear-Wielding Mastery(V)]

Skills:

[Forged by the Damned](Passive): Gives user 30 Hitpoints on every successful attack on Chaotic Beings.*

He then made a running start behind the non-player army running towards the zombies and used [Heaven defying Jump] giving 500% of his strength stat unto his legs. Gimme-Spear flew through the sky as he made an arc, then he descended down like a meteor aiming his spear with full confidence.

BOOOM! in the middle of the charging undead a shockwave reverberated, stopping them from their tracks. The impact could easily kill any human that attempted such a jump, but due to how high Gimme-Spear's [Enhanced Body Mastery] is... He learned a trick to cushion his fall, and stop his bones from snapping in two upon impact.

Authors Note: 

Hoooo, Hoooo.... Another reason why I wanted to make this chapter is to let my readers see for themselves the peak of Human stats. And also to stop myself from being too paranoid, after all if someone is much more stronger than the mc it would greatly ease my mind.

But don't worry, Gimme-Spear will be an essential character in the future and not just those one time appearing characters. Y'all will see why.

5