Chapter 31 Rising Dragon Vs Nerzul
224 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Vice Guild Leader! WHY DID YOU DO THAT? we had it under control!" screamed one of the Healers.

"Control my ass, you were all taking forever. I killed Leeroy in under 10 seconds for crying out loud!"(Athlete)

"Look Vice-GL... The rain of fireballs stopped" Said Niryasha the Blade-Dancer.

"Looks like leader finally finished his warm-up! No time to rest! all of you move out!" They all nodded and checked everything before the long awaited boss fight.

...

Gimme-Spear watched from afar as twenty players fought against eachother whilst Nerzul was merrily and constantly hurling fireballs at his guildmates. Although he couldn't see from afar like other classes he had a gut feeling they were his elite team a hundred+ meters outside the southern gate.

Gimme-Spear didn't even need to use his skills against the zombies, they were annoying to deal with but its not like he has any AOE skills in his arsenal.

-493! STUN!(Nullified)

-495! STUN!(Nullified)

-986! -986! CRITICAL!

Berserkers damage are calculated by 100% of their strength stat and this applies to all its other rank-up classes that have [Enhanced Body Mastery]. Although 493 capped maximum damage may look small but the force behind the attack could pulverize a zombies body without even emptying out its HP. And the zombies will naturally die once they couldn't move for more than a minute.

All Gimme-Spear did was thoroughly crush everything that held its body together and he didn't even need to follow the rules of Hitpoints.

Once he saw Nerzul use another massive fire type AOE a second time to deal with the twenty players from Equivocacy Guild, he knew this was his chance to strike while it was at its weakest. He launched himself to the sky with explosive force. [Heaven defying Jump]!

Up the sky, he used [Berserkers Charge] and [Inner Bodily Boost] aiming his spear at Nerzul as his body descended like a meteor.

[Inner Bodily Boost]: Gives user 30 points in PHY, STR, AGI and DEX+(20% Magical Power) for 1 minute.

Manacost: 300

Cooldown: 5 minutes

Nerzul noticed him and fired a ray of flame at him. Gimme-Spear couldn't change his trajectory and headed straight towards the ray but he didn't falter! using [Sky Shatterer] he enveloped his weapon with wind element giving it 90 wind damage and allowing it to negate some of the ray of flame.

Boom!

He crashed but the power of Nerzuls spells changed his trajectories course, after landing he lunged and used [Stab]! but he was met with a powerful [Mana Barrier]. Gimme-Spear maintained a 2.5 meter distance from Nerzul and rapidly attacked, Gimme-Spear was tight on mana and even though he had tons of skills he couldn't just wantonly use it.

Unlike boss monsters that rely on their ridiculously high amounts of Physical Armor and Hitpoints. Nerzul was a sly little bugger that parried almost every single one of Gimme-Spear's relentless stabs.

"Guild Leader were here!" The Ten finally made it with the help of a movement speed boosting Potion.

"Hurry give me Mana!" Gimme-Spear urged and the two Healers obliged with a [Mana Transfer] spell.

[Berserkers Charge]! His steps made cracks in the ground and once he made contact he destroyed the barrier and was so close to tackling Nerzul and stunning him but Nerzul teleported away with [Instant Movement] and threw fireballs at the Healers. But Athlete was there, knocking two arrows in his bow he embedded it with two [Manabomb-shot] skills and shot it at the incoming fireballs.

The Defenders weren't idle and used [Mage Taunt] that decreases a targeted Casters Magical Power by 20% if they don't attack the Tanker that used the skill for one minute. The Blade-Dancer slashed his blades from a distance creating countless [Sword Wave] slashes.

The Rangers landed some nice hits but the bag of bones wasn't fazed by the 170-200 damages. Despite Gimme-Spear and the Defender being so close to Nerzul he still manage to conjure some fireballs and throw them to the sky. Making it rain and making the team constantly dodge. Having hit no humans, Nerzul turtled up inside a flaming barrier and started chanting a giant AOE. Gimme-Spear still had no mana to use a barrier destroying skill and so he shouted. "ATHLETE!" 

[Rapid Fire]! [Explosive Arrows]! Athlete shot 3 arrows with every second with his whooping 182+40 Dexterity and all the arrows that made contact with the flaming barrier exploded in a deep blue concentrated mana color. Athlete has three [Explosive Arrows] and two [Manabomb-shot] in his skill arsenal.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Everytime the arrow exploded it dealt damage to the barrier and Nerzul. The two infront moved back and just watched Athlete and the Rangers bombard the flaming barrier. After 40 seconds smoke flew and covered everything. Athlete checked his damage and smiled.

"I dealt 2180 damage to him! How much did you guys get?" Asked Athlete to the other Rangers.

"I dealt only 1k!"(Ranger1)

"I dealt only 1.2k!" (Ranger2)

Gimme-Spear was about to leisurely take the final hit when his hairs stood on end. His danger senses was kicking in and it told him to... "GET DOWWWWWN!"

Out the smoke huge spouts of flame flew everywhere, like a raging inferno shot by a flamethrower, with an approximate maximum range of fourteen meters, having escape skills they all steered away from where its being pointed at, the flame was directed at Athlete and followed him vigorously.

"Its running! Its got its aggro locked on VGL! nows our chance!"

Athlete used [Dash]! [Instant Movement]! and [Double Jump] flying through the air to escape. "How the hell did it get so fast!" Athlete grumbled and unconsciously pulled Nerzul out the encirclement instead of kite it and keep it cornered, instead he was the one getting cornered. The spell didn't look like it was about to stop until Nerzul stopped its berserk state.

-150! -150! -150!

Even though he was still 2 meters away from the spouts of gushing flame he received some absurd damages.

For some reason he couldn't outrun the flames and was swallowed by it. 

[Permeability]! [Breathless State]. With these two skills he didn't receive any damage but fire magic is just a form of heat, so inside the flamethrower was burning temperatures of over 100° Celsius, the air was so hot it would suffocate him if it wasn't for [Breathless State], the gushing spouts of flame was slowly depleting but Athlete was still inside it suffering serious [Burn] and [Overheat] debuff.

[Permeability]: Allows user to pass through any Physical and Magical attacks for 8 seconds.(Doesn't allow user to pass through concrete objects)

Manacost: 750

Cooldown: 2 minutes

The [Permeability] was about to end! Athlete jumped meters away to the side with another [Double Jump]! Avoiding burning to a crisp.

Gimme-Spear got close enough and slashed his spear diagonally with [Earth Splitter]. -1333! He was about to slash again but then he saw Nerzuls hand make strange seals and movement.

A level 70 Fire Elemental popped right infront of him! looking around he realized it wasn't just him, there was a Fire Elemental for every one of his team.

As the smoke cleared Nerzuls body was shown and his left shoulder and entire arm got pulverized. But he didn't stop chanting and blasted a [Searing Ray] at Gimme-Spear at point blank range. No skill could save him from this predicament. But he is the worlds greatest Spearman! Dubbed as the world spear FIGHTING CHAMPION! He rapidly made his spear spin counterclockwise with just his fingers reaching the speeds of an airplanes propeller! Or maybe even faster!

Gimme-Spear was still pushed back 5 meters and received deadly [Burn]s "DISPELL ME!" he shouted and with a quick dispell from the Healer he faced Nerzul and used [Berserkers Charge]!!

Nerzuls eye sockets glowed eerily and Gimme-Spear was met with a bouncy barrier that threw him back ten meters making him sprawl all over the ground. Then zombies popped out of the ground and chewed at his legs inflicting [Broken Bone] debuff.

The others from Rising Dragon was fast to act and kill the summons, with a single massive AOE from their water affinity Mage inflicting CRITICAL damages upon the fire elementals. Three Elementals were left after the spell and the Assassin dealt with them one by one, The Defenders and Blade-Dancer kept Nerzul busy while Athlete and Gimme-Spear were still in the sidelines, they then pulled out their communication trinkets AKA phones.

"Im going for it" (Gimme-Spear)

"You Sure?"(Athlete)

"Cover me" (Gimme-Spear)

"Sure... I still have one last [Explosive Arrows] left"(Athlete)

"Lets finish this"

 

"FCourse" As the two talked through their phones the rest of the team excluding the Healers were having a hard time stalling Nerzul. The Defenders were doing fine but the damage dealers seems to be unable to land a hit unto Nerzul. They had an Assassin and a Blade-Dancer. Two classes specialize in swift kills against Mages but Nerzul was a Lich... And a Boss... The amount of spells he's shown is already twenty plus! A normal Lich would have Ten at most and would be surprisingly easy to kite and taunt but Nerzuls defensive and offensive capabilities were above them in ways they didn't expect.

Shaking himself Gimme-Spear did a couple lunges and felt all good and new. Both his HP and MP were all back to full. The Healer tending to him nodded and went towards the rest, Gimme-Spear pointed his spear to the sky, he moved as if drawing a code of some kind above him with the tip of his spear.

Athlete saw this and used all the skills he had. [Manabomb-shot]! [Rapid Fire], [Manabomb-shot]! [Explosive Arrows]! He bombarded Nerzul with all he's got, due to the passive [Rapid Mana Regen] he didn't have a problem with activating all of them.

He constantly bombarded Nerzul at one side and Gimme-Spear squatted and closed his eyes, breathing calmly. The next minute his eyes glinted with a strange glow as he used a skill. [Berserkers Strength]!

[Berserkers Strength]: Gain +50% Strength for 10 seconds. Once the skills duration is finished user will receive a [Lesser Strength(III)] debuff that reduces 40% of their Strength for 4 hours.

He had a better skill but he didn't have the requirements to use it. Then he used [Heaven defying Jump]! With the absurd strength boost, he shot himself like a bullet to Nerzul. He was ten times faster than when he used [Berserkers Charge]! The Lich was right in his sights and just a minor contact with the spear from him would kill it a hundred fold! But he felt wasn't right again! He felt danger that was beyond the scope of what he could see! But he couldn't stop the bullet that has been shot.

"[Mighty Swing]!" 

 BOOOOOOOOM!

"WHAT?" Gimme-Spear gritted his teeth, through the dust cloud he felt something stop his sure-kill attack.

"You're strong... Sigh... but not strong enough" Gimme-Spear was confronted with a real and sentient Chaotic Being! He gulped and looked behind the dagger wielding corpse facing him and saw another one garbed in a cloak. Although blocking someones attack that activated [Berserkers Strength] is unheard of he still kept it to heart that he still is not the strongest just yet, so he stabbed again! and again! and again!

But unlike Gimme-Spear his allies were struck with fear and couldn't budge an inch due to the looming dreadfulness of the two that appeared before them.

"Should we kill him?" 

"Nah... I don't think this one will reincarnate like the others"

"Is that so? Then lets leave."

The two Chaotic Beings chatted without a care as if being surrounded wasn't a problem for them. Just as fast as they appeared they disappeared once more but with the half dead Nerzul in tow.

"WHAT WERE YOU ALL DOING!" Gimme-Spear angrily screamed.

"Guild Leader... You didn't scan them did you?" One of the Defenders asked.

"Sigh... Whats their levels then?" he reeled in his burning rage and calmed down.

"The one you faced was level 160... While the other was..."

"WELL? SPIT IT OUT THEN!" Gimme-Spear was irritated at the slight pause but still waited, clearing his throat he faced Gimme-Spear and said. "289*GULP*" 

"I see" Gimme-Spear shook his head at the thought of facing those two monsters again.

...

An hour passed in the city and due to the lack of commands the non-player army won with the help of the player guilds and slaughtered every chaotic being in the vicinity. The numbers of humans casualties were astounding, but majority of them were immortal players that will just respawn again. But to the non-players this was a catastrophic loss, just looking at the countless dismembered corpses on the streets would make anyone empty their intestines out.

Authors Note: Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.

Also this is the end of the whole side character side story. With this I have now introduced the main antagonists of Insania's journey and an absurdly strong competitor in the future tournament arcs like Gimme-Spear.

For that even if my readers aren't satisfied I am.

6