Chapter 32 Signing A Contract
169 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having a nice little nap Insania woke up, moaning a little she felt her very sluggish body, after seconds of blinking, she then sat in an upright position and straightened her posture she did a couple of extreme dynamic upper body stretches and felt her senses revert back to normal, she looked around and gasped at the slight change of scenery.

Although they are still traversing through the woods/forest but the trees seem to have changed a little bit, it's technically still the same thick skyscrapers that are meters apart from each other though.

Not wanting to interrupt the others who were tired of walking she asked the armored man sitting on the left side of the Carriages metallic seat, These seats faced left and is very hard to relax on, so if you don't grab tightly on the railings you'd definitely fall off.

"Pssst" It was hard to catch the mans attention, partly 'cause Juli was half asleep and also because she's lowered her voice.

"Mmm..." Finally waking up from his short nap Juli gazed at Insania who was scratching at his armor. Wait SCRATCH?! His eyes grew wide after seeing her claws grow inhumanely large.

"Shsssss" But before he could call for the others Insania spoke. "How long was I out?" 

Juli seems to be debating in his mind whether he should answer or not but shaking his head he gave in and said. "Five hours" 

"OOOF..." She was stumped cause to her internal clock it felt like she was out for ten minutes.. Heaving a sigh she continued. "Where are we though?" 

"Still the same grindspot but much more deeper... All I know is that the monsters here range from levels 400-500."

"Oh I see... So what has the others been talking about lately?" Insania asked softly.

"About that you should relax for a little more, on the next stop we will take a rest and eat and we'll discuss about "THAT" Juli pointed at Insania's claws and half yellowish face. But Insania didn't buy a mirror so she had no idea that the Curse of Lust 'Possession' actually bypassed her magical disguise item. And so Insania shrugged and gazed upon the clouds, quite unaware of the events that will soon unfold.

...

The Carriage stopped under a breezy shade and Mark the Magician casted mana barriers that encompassed a 30 meter radius around them. Insania helped prepare the fire and noticed the weird gazes the Mercenaries were giving her. Even Allan that is a very amicable person felt distant now. Clapping his hands The Ranger... Who still hasn't introduced himself yet spoke. "SO are we gonna address the elephant in the room or what?"

"WAIT ELEPHANT IN WHAT? How would it fit in a room?" Insania guffawed never expecting the Ranger to make such a silly joke like that.

She had no idea that it was a metaphor, and it was aimed at her. Light bluish constraints materialized out of thin air and tightly binded Insania. "What is the meaMMmmm" Xerca appeared behind her with a rope in hand and tied her up real tight as well as covered her mouth with a piece of cloth, he sneered at Insania. "We ask the questions here"

'F***!!!! Why are trying to kidnap me? NOOOO I DON'T WANNA GET SOLD TO SLAVERY!' Insania inwardly screamed as a nasty thought popped in her mind.

"You're pretty fast but you couldn't see my spell coming did you?" Hetir said with a prideful tone.

"So... we are gonna make this easy for you, We ask a question and you answer... If you talk about shit that is not a part of our questions, Xerca there is gonna stab your shoulder you beastkin scum."(Ranger)

Insania's eyes grew wide. 'Shit the jig is up, Guess this is it' She could do nothing, her fate was at the mercy of the Mercenaries now and she knew that a majority of them utterly hate beastkins. Their grudge is so high, that they even unconsciously hate beastkins that just want to live peacefully.

The Ranger took off the cloth that wrapped Insania's mouth and started with the interrogation. "First question... Who are you?"

"Insania.."

"Ok... What is your relation with the Panthera Pardus that I killed?" Xerca asked from behind.

"He was my sparring partner" (Insania)

"Did you do it?" Mark asked, Insania thought that it was only the Ranger that will interrogate her but it seems everyone has come to an agreement on having individual questions for her. If they really wanted to kill her, they would've done so already.. maybe her plan worked and some of them is defending her and preventing the others from outright chopping her head off.

"Do what?..." (Insania)

"With him?" (Mark)

"With who?" Insania furrowed her brows, she felt like his question was extremely irrelevant but another part of her is telling her this is not going to go well.

"The beastkin... the one you said was your sparring partner? Well considering that you're half-beastkin you really must've done it" Mark shrugged and turned away.

'Half-what?' Insania was about to come clean but the words coming out of the Magicians mouth stunned her. 'DONE IT? HALF BEASTKIN? What the hell does that mean!?'

"Here take a look for yourself." noticing Insania's confusion at being called a half-blood Hetir pulled out a mirror and showed it to Insania..

As Insania gazed at her own reflection, goosebumps spread throughout her body, what she saw was half her beastkin face and half her human disguise... What utterly shocked her is the fact that she hasn't noticed this major change of her appearance despite boasting of having high self awareness... she had an inkling that this was caused by the Curse of Lust Possession side effects, thinking that she hurriedly used [Concealment] but in doing so the light bluish constraints that binded her tightened to the extreme almost as if it was trying to cut her in two!

GYAAAAAAAAAH! -1000

"You shouldn't have done that, This is a high-grade holy affinity control spell that constricts itself like a Python when it detects mana forming inside its bound target. Simply put as long as Im conscious you'll never be able to use a skill of any kind." Hetir proudly said, although author is too fucking lazy to put grades on spells or skills, but what Hetir used to bind Insania isn't something current players can use. There are lots of requirements for a spell like this [Elemental Mastery], [Mana Manipulation], [Magic Language Mastery], [Proficiency over Magical Arts]. And yes holy affinity is an element that is inherent to all the Healer class.

"Y-Yeh! I'm a half-beastkin... although I can't voluntarily turn into one, when the Curse of Lust hits me, I physically change somehow! YES! But I'll revert back to normal in no time!" Insania hurriedly said.

"Why does it sound like you're trying to convince yourself more instead of us?" Rez asked.

"Ugh... Thats because.... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I GOT POSSESSED OK!"

"'I've read a study about beastkin biology and I found out that females undergo this thing called Curse of Lust Possession attacks where they lose all bodily senses and transform into sex-crazed animals. It seems the only cure for this is to constantly partake in copulation" Allan said but Mark teased him with a knowing smile. "Are you sure about that? To me it just sounds like make up excuse to bang a hybrid."

"Enough of this farce! Allan! show her the contract" A voice echoed inside the carriage it was a sharp and high pitched.

"Yes Madam!" Allan bowed at the carriage and pulled a parchment out his bag. Insania read the terms and furrowed her brows.

"This is a one-sided contract! So I'm not allowed to defend myself if you guys attack me?"(Insania)

"We would've done that already if we didn't agree amongst ourselves to let you live." It was the quiet Vtts that spoke up.

"I fear you don't have much of a choice Insania, Its either this or..." Allan shook his head and slightly pitied Insania, but he just cannot reject the Madam's orders.

"Fine! I get it! If I wasn't so desperate to get to Elveden I'd never sign something like this!" Insania gritted her teeth in frustration.

"You speak as if we wouldn't kill you, SHUT UP... we will and once you die.. thats it!" Rez drew his blade and pointed it at Insania's throat, She couldn't help but chuckle... She kinda forgot that non-players don't know of the existence of immortal beings so they still think that everyone fears something as trivial as death, truth be told Onille has been ready to die for as long as he can remember but that doesn't mean he will easily give up, its all about mentality... Some people would look to death and suicide as the most easiest option but Onille was the opposite he'd grab at even the tiniest ledge to avoid going down the eternal abyss... He's clawed the treacherous mountain called life and made it this far... Its not that he's contradicting himself... He values his life and even his in-game avatars life more than the riches this world has to offer but the contents of the contract were so disgustingly horrible that dropping a level and an item didn't sound so bad.

But if he really gave up this easily and accepted death back when he was still a child why did he pushed himself this far? Perhaps if author makes a sad back-story chapter we'll find out his motivations for making it this far in life.

Insania bit her lips and dropped her blood on the contract...

*Ting you have accepted a Non-aggression Contract, punishments will be dealt to anyone that violates its terms*

"This contract cannot be revoked even if it were burned or destroyed, so don't even try to do something funny" Russ said whilst glaring at Insania, Xerca untied her and Hetir stopped pouring mana to her spell. Before she can disappear with [Concealment], Xerca asked one more time. "No hard feelings for killing THAT beastkin right? After all anyone that was in my position would do the same"

"Its fine, grudges are bad for the heart..." Saying so, Insania vanished... Although everyone has something that can break an invisibility skill. They let Insania go.

"WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! I WANTED TO KNOW HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN GOING COMMANDO!" Mal shouted with bloodshot eyes as Insania's body vanished.

"Where have you been pervert?" (Russ)

"Grrrrr... Juli and Lainey tied me up after the boss started interrogating Insania!" Mal hatefully cried.

"Serves you right, you would've been a pain in the ass if we hadn't done that"(Hetir)

"IT WAS YOU WASN'T ITTTT!!!" Mal screamed at Hetir and jumped at her, but Lainey pummeled him to the ground just by controlling a [Mana barrier] this feat alone isn't possible to normal Casters. Even if you had [Mana Manipulation(V)] its still not enough to do it. Stack is like the skills level it slightly increases the users control over any pure mana spells.

The other Mercenaries teased and laughed at Mal's outbursts. Mark and Allan stood near the carriage. "You sure they can't hear us Mark?" Mark answered Yes and she then continued.

"Good the next time she undergoes the Possession, let her attack you... Then she'll be my possession Kukukuku..."

...

Up the high trees Insania took off the Aruks teeth and wore it back again. She checked if it worked and was glad that she was full human again.

Her gaze landed down the joyous atmosphere the Mercenaries had, now that she's gone. 'Guess I can't expect them to accept me anymore' She shook her head and remembered his now distant past, her rosy smile was a sight to behold after remembering the great times she once had. Oh what she'd give to relive his glory days just once.

Insania got down from the tree after seeing the others prepare to head out. As the carriage moved she stayed at the back and tried to be as inconspicuous as possible BUT...

9