Chapter 33 The Travel
155 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Insania was just minding her own business at the back when Lainey, Hetir and Mal approached her... She was wary a bit but it seems that they just wanted to chat.

After they got close enough Insania couldn't help but asked them if they were disgusted by her but it seems her worries were unfounded, they weren't bothered by the fact that she's a 'half-beastkin' at all.

The three had there own ulterior motives for approaching her, Mal just wanted to relish the sight of Insania's privates down below. But Lainey seems to have pledged to herself to stop Mal from sexually harassing Insania... Hetir on the other hand was blunt and she wanted a bag of Insania's blood for making HP potions. Health Pots are concoctions that can be made with plants but Hitpoints Potions are made with all sorts of stuff, specifically Blood... Be it Troll blood, Vampire blood, Werebear blood, And even Beastkin and Demon Blood.

"Well I've got plenty so how much do you need?" Insania happily obliged, although she was still on guard but at least Hetir offered to give her some of her Potions if she's successful. The three walked together but Insania's interest got piqued by how Lainey can instantly pummel Mal with a [Mana Barrier] with such precision and speed.

"Oh that... See I actually don't have an Elemental affinity" Lainey answered.

"How so?" Insania inquired but seeing Lainey fidget and seldom look at Hetir, perhaps asking for consent, Hetir is still the older one of the two after all. Insania felt weird and was about to stop her when she blurted out her secrets herself.

"Its because of a Passive called [Mana Barrier Consciousness], it allows me to directly feel everything that my [Mana Barrier] experiences"

"Ugh... WOW that's amazing! But how will you ignore the pain when your barrier gets attacked or destroyed?" Insania was genuinely surprised... When Players choose to become Casters they will be gifted an [Elemental Mastery] passive this can also apply to Musicians and Healers. Now elements are all ranked by both their rarity and strength.

First are the Commons which can 100% be found in any Caster, Healer and Musician class, [Musical Note Mastery], [Holy Affinity Mastery], [Fire Affinity Master], [Water Affinity Mastery] and lastly is [Dirt Affinity Mastery] all these can be bought with SP by all the magical classes.

Next is the Rares that appears in one over thirty Casters, starting from here these cannot be bought with SP.

First is [Rock Affinity Mastery] which is a more advanced element compared to [Dirt], then we have [Lightning Affinity Mastery] which is everything that concerns static energy, be it electrical currents or lightning.

[Dark Affinity Mastery] sounds cool but its not, its very weak and can only be used for some low tier debuffs and  enhance some spells or either make new elements like [Dark]+[Water] creates [Ice], even though its like an enhancer it cannot be applied to everything, specifically these three elements [Holy], [Life], [Musical Note].

Next is the Very Rares which might appear in one in one hundred magical classes, [Flora Affinity Mastery] I named it flora because it sounded much cooler than plant magic.

[Life Energy Mastery] this one is a bit complicated but study shows that  Elvenkin has a higher chance of getting this mastery than the other races.

[Earthen Affinity Mastery] is the highest form of Solid Magic, [Dirt], [Rock], [Earthen] are all just almost the same, but if they were they wouldn't be split into three parts. [Dirt] is the creation of soil, clay etc. through magic and it is almost impossible to move the dirt beneath ones feet even if you level it to max, [Rock] is the materialization/manipulation of hard solid objects like boulders, golems, and sometimes even metal. [Earthen] on the other hand outclasses the two by a huge margin... Because this mastery truly makes you into an earth bender from avatar, not only can one create everything below ones feet(Except for metalic compounds), they can even control it to a terrifying degree.. well it still depends upon the level of the Mastery though..

Next are the Extremely Rares. [Space Affinity Mastery] which can manipulate time, space and create portals, [Reality Affinity Mastery] this magic can create illusions, mental tricks, debuffs of disgusting magnitudes. [Curse Mastery], here you can name every curse possible that can inflict disgusting status debuffs and some of them for which the only cure is death. These 3 are so hard to get, that only 4 individuals in a million Casters would get these affinities.

Lastly are the Legendary, although its the Legendary rank but these are only Very rare affinities that appear one in a hundred people... But their strength is beyond comprehension [Wind Affinity Mastery], [Demonic Magic Mastery] that appears only in demonkins, and lastly is [Chaos Affinity Mastery]. Aside from Chaos the other two seem self explanatory... Chaos is just a fancy word for Necromancy... It is magic that governs Chaotic Beings or Undeath...

Then there is the absolutely! Extremely! STUPIDLY! RARE ones which are the inherent Caster Passives. Lainey is one such example and it only appears once in five million Casters. The best thing is that its a different passive per person... So it can never be copied or replicated by other Magical Classes.

All this information sounds like something Onille is incapable of getting this early in the game... But thats why the Forums are made... This information is derived from scholars in the Kingdom of Music and Magic. Its the same old story where people get praised by pirating someone elses life work, for which they worked so hard to gather, even at the expense of blood, sweat and years of solitude.

Lainey scratched her cheek and smiled cheerfully.. "I just can I guess?"

"Besides! I wanted to tell you that once we get to Atoru I'll take you shopping! Kyaaaa!" Insania flinched, flashbacks of 9/... that time her non-blood related big sister took him shopping... 'The horror'

"You look dehydrated, it might ruin your pretty face so here have some of my water... " Mal happily handed his jug and waited for Insania to accept it.

"She looks more constipated though..." Hetir said.

"Pfft... Puahahahah!" Snapping out of it Insania laughed her worries out and smiled.. "I just remembered some pretty dreadful experience, you guys wanna listen?" The three instantly nodded there heads, looking pretty excited hearing more about Insania. And so she started opening up and talked about herself... his real life experiences outside this game... Although she altered the past to suit her current predicament, mixing the truth and the exaggerated lies... Her words were so well thought off that you might even wonder if Onille was a citizen of this world or something... 

Hours passed and the team made camp. Before logging out, Insania started brandishing her sword at the giant tree, seemingly trying to train herself a little bit. Allan walked in from the camps direction and started criticizing Insania's movements. "You're swordsmanship looks pretty bad, I wonder how you've survived this long"

"Its not my fault, I'm actually an Archer class but because of circumstances I need to raise my [One-handed Sword Mastery] to (III) before I get to level 25"

"Well that explains why you're so bad... But everyone can improve with practice"(Allan)

"Why do you think I fought with a sword back then instead of a bow dumbass? I practiced! it felt good slicing through flesh like that!" Insania continued slashing at the poor tree, not batting an eye to Allans direction.

"Hayayay.... Stop... Stop whatever you're doing please stop... I must admit though that you have a great combat sense but swordsmanship is more than just waving around your sword and cutting down your enemies in a straight line..." Allan paused a little bit and had an idea.

"Tell you what I'll teach you! although it is sad that we wouldn't be able to spar though"

"Who's fault do you think that is?"(Insania)

 "Mine I guess?" Allan shrugged.

"Im glad you admit, Then I'll be in your care teacher... " Insania stopped and faced Allan, then bowed respectfully, Allan smiled he then started teaching Insania basic poses and swings... 'Whether she will be able to advance and level up will depend on her understanding'

...

The next morning Insania logged in at 5:00 but still early compared to the rest of the camp, She set up some targets and planned on practicing with her looted bow instead of a sword today. Although last night Allan was impressed with how fast she memorized stances, getting beaten up and learning through failures is still her greatest teacher... So she didn't raise her mastery as fast as when she got beaten black and blue by Jackus.

*Ting

Weak Long Bow

Item Rarity: Common(Y)

Item Damage: 41-44

Item Durability: 400/367

Item Type: Long Bow

Item Attributes: 40 DEX

Item Requirements: 60 STR

Skills: None*

Its pretty weak compared to the ones she's picked up from the cave but it still a great bow. She then remembered that she forgot to stock up on arrows. Itd be useless though cause she also forgot to buy a quiver.

'Meh... [Mana-shot] will do just fine' Thinking so she pulled the bow string and activated the skill. A light bluish arrow materialized and got nocked, she breathed slowly and adjusted her feet. Mana can be any colors, but skills have specific colors that signifies their activation... Someone who has ascended up the second class-up class is fully capable in hiding these skill colors. Since [Mana-shot] only has 2 seconds cooldown she rapidly shot two more [Mana-shot] at the target whilst changing directions. But then... three arrows came from nowhere and hit hers destroying the skill... The arrows were a lot faster than hers, it was clear that the shooter had higher Dexterity stat than her. I did say that projectile speed is calculated by the DEX stat right?

"What are you practicing this time for?" A silhouette slowly approached her from the west. Insania nocked her bow and aimed it at the approaching figure, she was on guard because she remembered that the Mercenary camp was positioned east of where she logged out off.

"Relax kitty... Or do you want the contract to subjugate you?" Insania lowered her weapon and sighed.. It was the Ranger, the only person who has had his class-up among the  Mercenaries.

"What do you want? Im kinda busy here..."

"Oh nothing... I just wanted to spectate..." The Ranger smiled and then sat down on the ground. Insania was troubled by his presence and couldn't bring herself to randomly fire [Mana-shot] skills anymore.

"Grrrr.... Im going now... I can't have a clear mind with you around!" Insania turned around and was about to head back up her tree.

"Don't you want some tips on raising Bow Mastery though? Have you ever wondered why its so hard?" The Ranger dangled a nice juicy information that was outside of Insania's scope of knowledge.

"Yeah I don't get it... I'm not bragging but when I was a kid I was already proffiecient with the Bow... But my Mastery was stuck on (II) after getting the Archer class." Insania stroked her chin and thought about it. She speaks as if she's had her childhood in this world but thats not the case, although Onille really did practice with the bow at a young age.

The denizens of this world gets their class at the age of 8 and there are two ways to get the class you want.. One is to train on a weapon and level it up to (I) and the other is to wait for your class to bloom naturally. Like how a few lucky individuals get [Elemental Mastery], [Enhanced Body Mastery], or even [Taming Mastery] instead of [Weapon Mastery]. Everyone in this world is gifted a fighting class but they can easily class changed into production ones like Smiths, Alchemists, Herbalists, Scribes, Enchanters, Merchants and many more.

"Since I also want you to get stronger quick I'll tell you... The trick is the mind... You must push out all outside thoughts and clear your mind when shooting." Saying so the Ranger turned around and chuckled.

"HUH?"  Insania looked at the departing Ranger in confusion.. 'What does he mean by that?'

7