Ch3 – Realization
4.4k 49 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch3 - Realisation 

 

My name is Karlo. I’m a 19-year-old, healthy young man. My interest is playing VRMMORPG, and currently, I’m focused on Dragon Hunter Online. I'm playing DHO as a character named Kalia and of course, my character is a girl. Even though I play as a female character, it doesn't mean that I act like one. I mean… I would rather look at a cute girl than a guy when playing games. I'm unlike the nekamas that actually behave like a girl in games even though they are actually a man. It's obvious that all of the girls in any MMORPG are actually men in real life. Only idiots would believe that there is really a girl who would actually play MMORPGs.

Putting all the thoughts aside, things are starting to get weird while I'm playing DHO. Like really weird…


 

"Ahhhh ahm~" (a.n. yup, really weird)

I'm slowly chomping down on my sweet melon bread that is supposed to be a tasteless item that increases max stamina. A satisfied smile is unintentionally leaking out with every bite.

Even bread can taste this delicious. I wonder if it actually increases my max stamina? Though without the player's interface, there is no way for me to check.

Just when I'm about to take another bite, a weird sounding cry suddenly echoed from within the woods not far from me. I instantly turn around to where the sound came from, and what I see is two middle-aged men staring at me from beside a tree. The one with his butt on the ground which looks like he just fell, has a goatee while the other one kneeling beside him has a moustache. 

Geh! People…

I hope they didn't see me slapping myself just now. But instead of looking at someone stupid, they look more like they are looking at a ghost… while looking at me... with their eyes and mouths both wide open.

"Eh… Ummm… Hey! The two of you over there!"

After finally gathering up my courage, I waved while calling out to the two of them.

A few seconds have already passed but both of them are still in the same position beside the tree.

Looking at them having such a dumb expression while looking at me is actually starting to annoy me so I started walking towards them instead.

"Excuse me~ Goatee-san and Moustache-san."

I said while waving my hand right in front of their face, trying to grab their attention. It took them a few seconds to finally snap out of it, trying to grasp the situation that they ended up in.

"Wha-what? Goatee-san?"

"What a rude ojou-chan! Who are you calling Moustache-san?"

O-ojou-chan? What does he mean by ojou-chan? I know that I am playing a female character but shouldn't they use my character name instead of calling me a little girl?! I mean… my name is being displayed right on top of my head!

Wait… Name… should be… female character… ojou-chan…

"Aaaaaaaah!"

I shouted as I just realised something SUPER IMPORTANT. If the game became real… That would mean that I also became a real girl!

Since the player's interface is gone, I'm not able to see any name displayed on top of their heads which means, there's no name being displayed on top of my head as well!  And by calling me ojou-chan, there's a possibility that they are not players but residents of this world instead!

"Wha-what is it? Ojou-chan. Are you alright?"

"Whoa! Don't just suddenly shout like that. What happened?"

Let's just put the real girl thing aside and focus on gathering more information first…

"It's nothing. Sorry for startling you two."

I apologised for startling them, not telling them the reason for my sudden shout.

"I just needed some time to come to terms with my missing elephant..."

I mumbled softly to myself.

""Elephant?""

But it looks like they still heard the last word I said as they repeated the same word with doubt on their face.

"Eh… Um… I mean… I would like to see an elephant since I really love them… Ehehe…"

That is a blatant lie with an awkward laugh at the end.

"So why are the two of you here?"

I quickly changed the topic before they can ask me any more questions about elephants. 

Both of their eyes widen like they just remembered what they actually came here to do. They turn to me with a serious face after taking a quick peek at the dead dragon behind me.

"I almost forgot but, what happened here? What happened to the dragon over there? And, who are you?"

The man with the moustache asked me with bulging eyes. The air suddenly got tense before I knew it.

Hmmm. In this situation, should I tell them the truth? But they look like they will make a fuss out of it and if this is reality, gathering attention is the last thing I want to do.

Conclusion: feint ignorance

"Hmmm… I can't really answer the first two questions as the dragon was already like this when I found it."

I answered with my acting skills on full throttle. Hopefully, I don't look awkward. 

"As for the last question, my name is Kalia. I am a traveller and was on my way to Distodia but got lost. So… Umm… Will the two of you be so kind as to show me the way to Distodia?"

I asked politely, completed with a bow.

The game used to teleport the hunters to the hunting zone after they accepted a quest and teleport them back to the capital when the quest is completed so I have no idea how to go back to Distodia now. I can only hope that these two men will guide me back to Distodia. 

The man with the goatee then looks at the man with the moustache with a face clearly showing an expression of 'let's guide this pitiful ojou-chan back' which actually kind of annoys me but I still tried my best to smile back at them.

After scratching his head for a bit, the man with the moustache finally answered.

"Fine. I get it. Distodia is not that far away from here but I'll still need to inform my group captain first. The name is Rufus by the way, not moustache-san. And this guy with the goatee is Thomas."

Rufus-san said as he held his right hand up for a handshake.

"Thank you Rufus-san!"

I thank him sincerely with a smile while shaking his hand. For some reason, he looked away with a red face when I did that.


 

Author's Note:

Nekama - a guy that play and act like a girl in online games.

-san - san is a Japanese honorific meaning Mr, Mrs or Ms. a formal way of calling someone.

-chan - chan is Japanese honorific often used to call someone that is either younger or cute.

Ojou-chan - a way to address little girl in Japanese.

71