Ch27 – I am back!
1.8k 15 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch27 - I am back!

I still can't believe that my horse is a Kirin all along. But that did explain why he was so calm even during dragon attacks. Even though I found out what Kuro really is, I still treat him the same as I did before. In fact, I feel proud of him. It's like the feeling of a parent feeling proud of their child when they achieve a gold medal or something.

This few days when we are taking a break from travelling, I will ride Kuro in his real form and just walk around the forest. The view is magnificent as Kuro is really tall and not to mention the indescribable feeling of riding a Kirin. Sometimes, Lily and Strea will come along with me for a ride with Kuro but not Taki. For some reason, Kuro doesn't let Taki ride on him. It will just move away if Taki tries to get on top of him.

[Don't worry Taki, I'm sure Kuro will let you ride him one day.]

I said, trying to comfort the depressed Taki who did not get to ride a Kirin.

The funny thing is, after Kuro first revealed his identity, Lily's horse had been acting weirdly towards Kuro. There are times when you can see Lily's horse prostrating itself in front of Kuro. What's more, it seems to have become braver with Kuro around. During these occasions, Kuro will just shake his head and walks away. Those were some weird interactions I had no idea what was happening. Because of its attachment to Kuro, I decided to name it as well. His name shall be Charo because he is brown.


As for baths, after that one time I bathed with Strea and Lily, I had been bathing alone. My heart will not be able to take any more of those moments where I can see girls naked. There are times when they tried to join me when I am bathing but I immediately got out when they entered the baths. Now I can't even take my time to enjoy my baths…


The last notable thing that I did during our journey is me playing with the magic stones that Taki salvaged from Dawn and Dusk. It is amazing how both of their magic stones need to be together for them to activate. However, no matter how much mana I poured in them, the most they can do is blowing a gentle breeze around it.

Lily then explained that the magic stones must be used with a magic tool or crafted into armour or weapon made from the monster's materials for them to be activated in their fullest potential.


Throughout our journey, we remained alert and vigilant to our surroundings as we are still not sure if I am still targeted by the dragons. However, nothing really happened all the way until we reached Distodia.


We are finally back!

It was already evening when the walls of Distodia came into our view. Because Taki had to walk, it took us nine days to travel from the cave to Distodia. But since I can bath whenever I want, I did not really mind the long travel.

When we are getting close to the city gate of Distodia, Strea and I got off Kuro while Lily also got off Charo as well and we started walking towards the gate with Taki following behind us. Before getting closer to the guards, I put on my hood.

Unlike the previous time, I presented my guild card to the gate guards and was easily let in. Back then, before I left Distodia to look for Taki, Jun already registered me as a hunter in the guild as their card can be used as an identification. Unlike the previous time when I first came with Rufus-san and Thomas-san, I had to explain my reason for entering and pay an entrance fee. Luckily Rufus-san and Thomas-san helped me out with the explanations.

[Stop right there.]

We heard after Lily and I got in. Apparently, Strea and Taki were stopped as they do not have an identification with them. Back then in Yokke village, we had the letter that Jun gave us to bring all of us in without an identification so we totally forgot about that. We could have at least registered Taki back in Yokke village.

[They are with me.]

Lily straightforwardly said to the guards and hands them the entrance fee for both Strea and Taki.

[Understood, Lily-sama.]

The guards immediately nodded while receiving the money and proceeded to let Strea and Taki in. That's rather easy… The perks of being a S rank hunter.

[Let's get Jun-niisan to help you two with the registration for the guild later.]

Lily said just after we got passed the gate.

[Jun-niisan?]

Strea asked with a puzzled face, her head tilted to one side.

[She is talking about Milguard and he is our childhood friend.]

I replied Strea while rubbing her head. I can't help it when she does such a cute action!


Before entering the guild building, we left the horses in the stable right beside the guild building. I promised Kuro that I will visit him every day.

After opening the door of the guild building, I quickly moved to the counter. To my surprise, the person at the counter is the guild attendant from before.

[Hi there guild attendant-san. We are here to meet Milguard.]

I greeted him with a smile. Eh? I am sure I heard him clicked his tongue upon seeing my face. Really, what did I ever did to him that made him hate me that much?

[I have a name called Lucas you know?]

Lucas-san replied me seemingly annoyed. Is it because I did not know his name?

[Haaa… Nevermind that. Follow me.]

He sighed and asked us to follow him. I nodded my head and began following him with Lily, Taki and Strea following behind me.


(Why are they multiplying?!) < is what Lucas is thinking.


[Just knock and enter, Milguard-sama is inside.]

Lucas-san said before leaving us in front of the door of Jun's office.

[What did you do to that guy?]

Taki asked me while watching Lucas-san walk away. I just shrugged my shoulders and replied that I don't know.

[It looks to me like you owe him a billion dollars or something.]

[I do not owe him anything...]

[Kalia-nee, what is dollars?]

[Eh? Erm… They are money, like the coins we use to buy things around here.]

I replied after thinking for a bit, surprised by the sudden question asked by Strea.

[Ehh?! Kalia-nee owes someone money?]

[Like, I, Said… I do not owe anyone anything…]

I replied with my right hand rubbing my temples. After hearing my reply, Strea looks relieved and Lily can be seen laughing throughout the whole time. Come to think of it, isn't Lily the one that started this back when we were in Golden Valley Inn? Back when Lucas-san knocked on the door.

While thinking about useless things, the door beside us suddenly opened.

[What are you guys doing outside?]

Jun asked us with a frown. As words are not coming out of my mouth, I can only smile awkwardly at him.


 

Author's note:

Lily: Why are you naming the horses by their colours... -.-

Kalia: Hm? Doesn't a name that is related to them sounds better?

Lily: But couldn't you have come up with something that is not just their colours?

Kalia: Names representing a colour is more cute…

Lily: Then how many Kuro is there going to be? The cat back in our house is also called Kuro and the hamster that we used to have was also called Kuro. Is the next pet we are getting also going to be called Kuro if it is black in colour?

Kalia: … Yes?

And from then on, it is known as a fact that Kalia has no naming sense.

39